Hipoint Firearms Forums > Hi-Point Firearms Discussion > General Hi-Point Discussion > Hi Point 40S&W Holster

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2012, 04:54 PM   #1
Outlaw211
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Hi Point 40S&W Holster

If I am like most of you I have tried in vain to find a really good holster for my very wide and large Hi-Point 40. I even purchased a nylon beltslide that works somewhat well, but re-holstering can be a problem as the holster collapses once the handgun is drawn.

Then, I found the answer! Finding no other holster feels right or works well, I decided to make my own. A lot of claims are being made by holster manufacturers whom no nothing about size and fit. Especially when it comes to the Hi-Point. I read claims about holsters fitting large autos. Well, the Hi-Point .40/.45 is a larger auto than most and will not fit most large automatic hosters properly.

So here is what I did: I wanted a vertical shoulder holster with which I could carry my Hi-Point 40S&W comfortably with proper fit for me and the pistol. So I purchased a Number 3(#three) Uncle Mikes Sidekick vertical shoulder holster and took it a Marine Sail sewing shop which sews all types of sails and covers(a shoe repair shop may also be good), and had the holster cut off about a 1/2 inch below the belt snapstrap in the reverse side of the holster and re-sewed together. The owner even sewed on a seam cover over the cutoff end at no extra cost! Total cost? $5.00 for the sewing job, plus the original outlay for the holster, which I purchased on E-bay.

Now I have a holster which properly holds my Big Hi-Point, without having to use the safety strap! I chose the Uncle Mike's Sidekick Vertical shoulder holster because of the wide straps. I am glad I did! You will be too!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2012, 06:13 AM   #2
jacktheripper

like 2 see pic of it who knows we may be talking to u later for purchases lol

Old 01-08-2012, 07:43 AM   #3
duster066
HPF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 4 reviews

Liked 1309 Times on 931 Posts
Likes Given: 2018

I'll make you one and it'll fit.http://www.hipointfirearmsforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=287151

"In order to finish first, first you must finish."
USAF, 1980-1988
http://www.oldwheelgunshop.com/index.html
http://www.facebook.com/pages/OWGS/470902946300089

Old 01-09-2012, 08:41 PM   #4
Outlaw211

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw211 View Post
If I am like most of you I have tried in vain to find a really good holster for my very wide and large Hi-Point 40. I even purchased a nylon beltslide that works somewhat well, but re-holstering can be a problem as the holster collapses once the handgun is drawn.

Then, I found the answer! Finding no other holster feels right or works well, I decided to make my own. A lot of claims are being made by holster manufacturers whom no nothing about size and fit. Especially when it comes to the Hi-Point. I read claims about holsters fitting large autos. Well, the Hi-Point .40/.45 is a larger auto than most and will not fit most large automatic hosters properly.

So here is what I did: I wanted a vertical shoulder holster with which I could carry my Hi-Point 40S&W comfortably with proper fit for me and the pistol. So I purchased a Number 3(#three) Uncle Mikes Sidekick vertical shoulder holster and took it a Marine Sail sewing shop which sews all types of sails and covers(a shoe repair shop may also be good), and had the holster cut off about a 1/2 inch below the belt snapstrap in the reverse side of the holster and re-sewed together. The owner even sewed on a seam cover over the cutoff end at no extra cost! Total cost? $5.00 for the sewing job, plus the original outlay for the holster, which I purchased on E-bay.

Now I have a holster which properly holds my Big Hi-Point, without having to use the safety strap! I chose the Uncle Mike's Sidekick Vertical shoulder holster because of the wide straps. I am glad I did! You will be too!
All is about function. This concept functions well. Pretty? No. Function? yes! Here is another tip: The Hi-Point, along with most semi-automatic pistols were designed to function properly with the less expensive FMJ ammo.
Why? Unlike hollow-point ammunition there is no edges to catch in the loading ramp causing a jam. I have found the less-expensive Federal FMJ ammo for my 40 S&W HI-Point not only function properly(no problems with over 500 rounds fired), but the little lower velocity and energy of the 180 grain bullets actually make for a faster lineup for a second shot because of the ability to control the recoil. And at about $15 for 50rds, who could go wrong? You will be happy you tried this. Thanks.

Old 01-19-2012, 08:41 PM   #5
Outlaw211

Default Hi-Point 40S&W shoulder holster

Just a quick note: The number three Uncle Mikes(3) Sidekick vertical shoulder holster works extremely well with the large Hi-Point 40 and 45 just the way it is. I had mine cut off just below the belt strap(maybe 1/4 inch or so) on the backside, only because I did not like how far the holster hung below my belt. You do not have to cut this holster off to make it work. Also, this holster will not work with a laser sight attached to the Hi-Point pistol. This holster will fit just a little snug when first used, but after a short while it should wear in and you all will be happy you tried it. Thanks.

Last edited by Outlaw211; 01-19-2012 at 08:46 PM.

Old 01-20-2012, 12:13 AM   #6
bigmike

Send a message via Yahoo to bigmike

I just picked up a Blackhawk Nylon Hip Holster, it fits my JCP a little tight, and the top edge of the holster hits the mag release, but I trimmed the edge where it hit and now its not a problem. It's not an everyday holster but its a good one for the range, can't beat it for under $15

Old 01-20-2012, 01:48 AM   #7
Ranger-6
HPF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 468 Times on 315 Posts
Likes Given: 1620

I also use the Blackhawk Nylon Hip Holster, No 6 for the .40 JCP, and I have the Bulldog Nylon Hip Holster for the .45 JHP. Both holsters do a fine job, and I try not to get caught up being a holster maniac. I think I got them at Dunham Sports. I also use Bulldog holsters for the .380 CF and 9mm C9.

I looked at the Hi-Point, Nylon, Black, Fully Lined Holster but unsure of the quality. Does anyone have a Hi-Point hoster they can comment on?

Learning through experience can be deadly...

Last edited by Ranger-6; 01-20-2012 at 02:08 AM.

Quick Reply