Free HPFF Decals for Helping out!
Hipoint Firearms Forums > Hi-Point Firearms Discussion > General Hi-Point Discussion > How to package your pistol for its trip back to Hi Point

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2010, 05:28 PM   #31
sdbserv
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Re: How to package your pistol for its trip back to Hi Point

Word of warning about UPS!! I sent my 995 as "machine parts" to Beemiller via UPS from my local UPS STORE and they "lost" it. After three weeks, the local UPS STORE called my house and told my 11 year old that they had my gun and that it was illegal to ship a gun through the UPS STORE. He asked if they were going to press charges, and she indicated that was to be determined. She then told him we could legally(?) ship through the Hub. I was furious for so many reasons, the least of which was that she was wrong. Apparently it is against UPS rules to ship a gun through UPS Stores. Someone at the UPS hub became suspicious of my package due to Beemiller being on the lablel (nowhere did it say firearm on the package) and OPENED the package only to discover my machine parts were actually a 995. They returned it to the UPS Store who returned it to me, and after setting them straight (they told me it was against federal law to ship a fire arm), she admitted that it was merely against UPS STORE rules. I demanded and received a refund and told her to call my distressed son, aplologize, and tell him it was not illegal. Now I'm headed to the FED EX hub to ship.

Quick reply to this message
Old 07-28-2010, 11:55 PM   #32
cantfindammo

If you are sending a carbine you can legally send it via USPS Priority Mail. Best deal in America!!!!

Handguns are a different matter. FedEx and UPS will rip you off with a high Priority Overnight rate! Best you go to your LGS or FFL and have them use USPS, which they can do legally. Even paying the FFL a transfer fee will work out cheaper than you sending it.

Old 08-10-2010, 04:14 AM   #33
john16443

link from hipointman not working for me. Agree that having a LGS or FFL do it is cheaper than taking it to UPS hub.

C9
S&W 22A
S&W M&P 15-22
Ruger SR9

Old 08-10-2010, 05:50 AM   #34
writerinmo

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Box it up, print your shipping labels online then schedule a pickup from your door.

http://elby.yolasite.com/ mosin sight tools

“There are currently 37/38 states that are currently “shall issue” states. They also said they saw reductions in their violent crime rates, significant declines, because nobody wants to go duck hunting when five percent of the ducks can shoot back.”

Old 08-10-2010, 02:11 PM   #35
Super_Virgil

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Send a message via AIM to Super_Virgil Send a message via Yahoo to Super_Virgil

Quote:
If you are sending a carbine you can legally send it via USPS Priority Mail. Best deal in America!!!!

Handguns are a different matter. FedEx and UPS will rip you off with a high Priority Overnight rate! Best you go to your LGS or FFL and have them use USPS, which they can do legally. Even paying the FFL a transfer fee will work out cheaper than you sending it.
This is correct. You can not ship a handgun USPS without an FFL

Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing.
Optimus Prime

You can find me at Pioneer Gun Club. Kansas city's only comprehensive gun club www.pioneergunclub.org

Old 08-12-2010, 03:14 AM   #36
unscarred

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Quote:

Toledo Ohio ATF says you can ship a handgun through USPS only to manufacturer for warranty repair.
Old 08-12-2010, 03:19 AM   #37
Mike_AZ
U.S.S.

Liked 9 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Toledo Ohio ATF says you can ship a handgun through USPS only to manufacturer for warranty repair.
You happen to have a copy of the ATF letter stating that?

Mike

"There is no sanctuary" -Logan5

Old 08-12-2010, 04:36 PM   #38
Super_Virgil

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Send a message via AIM to Super_Virgil Send a message via Yahoo to Super_Virgil

http://www.atf.gov/firearms/faq/unlicensed-persons.html#shipping-firearms-usps

Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing.
Optimus Prime

You can find me at Pioneer Gun Club. Kansas city's only comprehensive gun club www.pioneergunclub.org

Old 10-15-2012, 02:30 PM   #39
c9dude

What happens if you do send a handgun through USPS and don't tell them what it is. I was told by a person at beemiller to send it USPS.

Closed Thread

Quick Reply