Hipoint Firearms Forums > Hi-Point Firearms Discussion > General Hi-Point Discussion > Serial number

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2011, 10:22 PM   #1
JC .40 cal
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Serial number

I recently purchased my first Hi Point pistol at a local gunshow. I am now the owner of a JC .40 cal. Older steel body style. The serial number is ground off of the side & it is stamped on the back of the handle. The shop I purchased it from said that it had been re-issued by the manufacturer. Anyone know if this is true?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2011, 10:26 PM   #2
justdon

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Re: Serial number

I own a jcp had it for about a year now love it.Can't answer that question someone will come along with the right info.But that sounds a little weird to me.

When seconds count police are only minutes away.

Old 04-20-2011, 01:08 AM   #3
ajole
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 3942 Times on 2788 Posts
Likes Given: 3545

I have a JC, and the number IS on the side of the frame...I can't imagine WHY HP would change the number, and then, stamp a new one in a different location? However, if the gun HAS a number, and you got a receipt with that number from the dealer, you are legal. I think... :thinking:

Just make sure you keep that receipt safe...copy it, snap a digital pic and keep it in several places...and you might call mom about it, just to see what they say.

If you don't have a receipt with the number....GET ONE!!!!! :cantlook:

He who smiles last....

......................thinks slowest.

Q

Not anything to do with me,...but SWAGA referred me to it...and it is pretty funny: The Ballad of Ajole
17 HP's and counting.

Old 04-20-2011, 01:32 AM   #4
JC .40 cal

Thanks for the response. I thought it was a little wierd, but i figured it wouldn't have passed the FBI check if something was fishy. And I made sure the receipt has the serial number that matches the back of the weapon and it's in the firesafe. Just don't want to get to the range and get arrested or something, you know?

Old 04-22-2011, 04:39 PM   #5
ajole
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 3942 Times on 2788 Posts
Likes Given: 3545

Quote:
, but i figured it wouldn't have passed the FBI check if something was fishy.
AFAIK, there really isn't any FBI check of the numbers...the FFL Logs the number when he gets the gun, he does a check on the buyer when he sells it (and that is only a state level check, in my AO), and that's about it.

He who smiles last....

......................thinks slowest.

Q

Not anything to do with me,...but SWAGA referred me to it...and it is pretty funny: The Ballad of Ajole
17 HP's and counting.

Old 04-22-2011, 07:03 PM   #6
Id_HighPoint_Fan

Likes Given: 3

I would call mom and ask them.

Old 04-22-2011, 08:04 PM   #7
Super_Virgil

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts

Send a message via AIM to Super_Virgil Send a message via Yahoo to Super_Virgil

Could have been a confiscated gun, and serial numbers were assigned to it after the fact, then resold.

Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing.
Optimus Prime

You can find me at Pioneer Gun Club. Kansas city's only comprehensive gun club www.pioneergunclub.org

Old 04-25-2011, 02:06 AM   #8
Unmeloy
I Farted

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Could have been a confiscated gun, and serial numbers were assigned to it after the fact, then resold.
confiscated...? by who? the PO PO? not sure about where you are but in texas... guns that are confiscated or used in a crime are burned...

Old 04-25-2011, 05:12 AM   #9
s0b3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Quote:
confiscated...? by who? the PO PO? not sure about where you are but in texas... guns that are confiscated or used in a crime are burned...
not true, some departments destroy them, some actually work their way back into the market from the police dept. gt distributors has used guns, a lot are confiscations.

summit gun broker is another source. http://www.summitgunbroker.com/Confiscated_Weapons.html

although it's highly unlikely that anyone would remark it. i don't think anyone other than the manufacturer can legally go that.

Old 04-26-2011, 03:51 AM   #10
Unmeloy
I Farted

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
not true, some departments destroy them, some actually work their way back into the market from the police dept. gt distributors has used guns, a lot are confiscations.

summit gun broker is another source. http://www.summitgunbroker.com/Confiscated_Weapons.html

although it's highly unlikely that anyone would remark it. i don't think anyone other than the manufacturer can legally go that.

lol yes tru... in texas guns that are confiscated are burned. and destroyed... now as far as other state i dont know. i only about texas

Quick Reply