Free HPFF Decals for Helping out!
Hipoint Firearms Forums > Hi-Point Firearms Discussion > General Hi-Point Discussion > switching hand grips on my c9 9mm

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2010, 02:35 PM   #1
gotdust
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default switching hand grips on my c9 9mm

i would like to switch out the handgrips on my hi-point c9 9mm for more comfort, who makes a nice set and does anybody here have extra set the would like to get rid of thanks

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-23-2010, 02:54 PM   #2
java

Default Re: switching hand grips on my c9 9mm

hoge slip on or similar is about your only option, only one person made grips for the HP's and they stopped.

Old 11-23-2010, 07:07 PM   #3
gotdust

thanks

Old 11-25-2010, 08:46 PM   #4
Unmeloy
I Farted

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

paul @ designer grips said about a few months ago that he would still make them...35 for solid color, 40 for the patterned grips, and 50 for the fabric grips, and $5 for the Priority shipping.

Old 12-15-2010, 12:39 AM   #5
TopGas

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Gotdust, I agree with Java on the "slip-on" type grip. I have experience with a few manufacturer's grips; Butler Creek, Hogue & Pachmayr. I really liked the "feel" of the Butler Creek Slip-On but the medium sized one I bought was a tiny bit too large. It interfered with the mag release on my C-9 so I replaced it with the Hogue Universal. Great fit and good feel. The Butler Creek small sized slip-on grip might also be an option. I recently put a Pachmayr slip-on grip on my CF-380. Again, a great fit and feel. These slip-on styles generally cost less than $10. MidwayUSA had Hogues on sale for about $6 in the last catalog they sent me. IMHO, I think the custom replacement grips (opposed to the slip-ons)are a bit of overkill and certainly overpriced when compared to what you spent on your Hi Point. The slip-on style is certainly an improvement RE: comfort and an improved grip on the weapon. All things considered, the Hogue Universal might be your best bet. Great fit & feel and certainly a great price. Good luck with your quest, BFN Top

Quick Reply