Hipoint Firearms Forums > Hi-Point Firearms Discussion > General Hi-Point Discussion > Updates from Hi-Point

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2011, 04:13 AM   #51
mmbsr
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Re: Updates from Hi-Point

This is more specific to the 995TS & C9/C9 Comp, but it is Hi-Point's official view on ProMag magazines as of 02/12/2011. The following is an excerpt of an email exchange I just had with Hi-Point:
Thank you sooooooo much for that information... I'll be sticking to factory magazines. Thanks again!

Their answer:
On Sat, Feb 12, 2011 at 11:57 PM, Hi-Point Firearms <hipointinfo@yahoo.com> wrote:

Michael,
The magazine you are referring to is made by a company named ProMag.(They have a website named Hi-Point Pro. Look at the bottom of their page they have NO affiliation with the manufacturer.) If Promags are used in our firearms it will void your lifetime warranty. These aftermarket products have cost this company thousands of dollars in repairs. They damage the carbines, even to the extent of breaking the frames. If you have any questions on these please call the factory at 1-866-948-4867.

Thank you,

Hi-Point Firearms

Please visit our factory website at http://www.hi-pointfirearms.net. You can purchase your accessories online. Go to the menu bar and select handgun or carbine. Click on the model you have, then click on the bar that says view accessories. We pay shipping.

My original question:

--- On Sat, 2/12/11, Michael ********i <mmbsrusa@gmail.com> wrote:

Subject: HP-A3
To: teampromag@yahoo.com, info@hi-pointfirearms.net
Date: Saturday, February 12, 2011, 7:26 PM

Would you kindly tell me if the ProMag HIP-A3 fits the Hi-Point C9 or the Hi-Point C9 Comp pistols?
Thank you.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2011, 06:06 PM   #52
bullockdgmanor
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 23 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Default Re: Updates from Hi-Point

Quote:
...If Promags are used in our firearms it will void your lifetime warranty...They damage the carbines, even to the extent of breaking the frames....
Yow...thanks for sharing that, Michael...your timing couldn't have been better...I'm going out to shoot my new (used-but-never-fired) 995 for the first time this weekend...and it CAME WITH a ProMag HIP-A3 15-round mag!!! I'm buying at least one Hi-Point brand mag TODAY...

Bless you, bless you...

Dan

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply