Hipoint Firearms Forums > Hi-Point Firearms Discussion > Hi-Point Pistols > C9 issues?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2011, 04:41 PM   #1
satellite
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default C9 issues?

I bought a used C9 and been having a few issues. Was using WWB with a lot of feeding issues, but the Hi-Point tech said maybe try another brand for awhile until the gun has more rounds through it. Started using RWS - Sport Line and got this...I'm assuming this is what key-holing looks like?

It seems to be affecting accuracy too, I'm usually not this terrible of a shot... :-)

Mainly, I'm just trying not to bug the tech too much. If it's an ammo problem, I can try something else, but if people think it might be a barrel problem, I can give Hi-Point a call.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-09-2011, 05:26 PM   #2
gunforhire

Default Re: C9 issues?

That looks like keyholing to me. It's time to send it to mom

Old 06-10-2011, 03:16 AM   #3
satellite

Yeah, guess it couldn't hurt giving them a call and seeing what they recommend. Just don't want to overload them with questions if it's an easy fix or just put more bullets down the range to wear in the gun.

Old 06-10-2011, 03:55 AM   #4
writerinmo

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Always try different ammo when you run into problems. If it didn't do it with the WWB, then I'd go to walmart and pick up some Federal there and try it, I've shot a lot of it with good results, I won't shoot WWB in the bulk packs at all.

http://elby.yolasite.com/ mosin sight tools

“There are currently 37/38 states that are currently “shall issue” states. They also said they saw reductions in their violent crime rates, significant declines, because nobody wants to go duck hunting when five percent of the ducks can shoot back.”

Old 06-10-2011, 04:15 AM   #5
ehfudd

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

yep,federal a/e for me.

Old 06-10-2011, 04:56 AM   #6
Pecos Bill

I assume you have used a brush in the barrel. Can you see in the barrel and see the rifling? Sorry, don't mean to be annoying but sometimes poor ammo can fill in the rifling with carbon. A brush and strong solvents would be the only way to clean out the rifling. If the gun is keyholing with a known good factory load and clean then you definitely have something wrong with the bore. Barrel could be shot out.

All together now - - Lifetime Warranty

Keep the magazine full, you never know..Them paper targets can sneak up on you.

Old 06-10-2011, 06:45 AM   #7
satellite

LIFETIME WARRANTY! ...oh..guess I was late... 8)

Yeah, one of the main reasons I purchased the C9 and the carbine as some of my first (owned by me) weapons. I've shot a lot of different handguns, but these are the first owned by me so hopefully I'll get to keep them forever WITH the warranty.

Yeah, I will have to try some different rounds. I made sure to buy about 4 different boxes when I bought the gun. I know have some Remington and PMC, I'll check it out this weekend along with a cleaning and check on the rifling. Thanks!

Old 06-12-2011, 08:30 AM   #8
satellite

Rifling looked good and everything still looks spic and span!

OK...so shot some more ammo through it today. 50 rounds of PMC with no problems. Then shot some Federal Champion and the last few rounds were doing this (circled). Looks like key-holing again, but absolutely no problems seemingly until about the last 5 or 6 rounds. This is one of the splatter targets (plastic target) FYI, so not as noticeable as the paper ones.

I'll probably give them a call and see if they want to look at it...but can ammo be the cause of the key-holing?

BTW...I wasn't aiming for accuracy here. I was just shooting rounds in different places to see if I could get the issues again. I have another target that's a lot cleaner looking... 8)

Old 06-12-2011, 08:23 PM   #9
Branth
HPF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 606 Times on 422 Posts
Likes Given: 983

Sounds to me like you need a new barrel. It really shouldn't be keyholing at all, especially with Federal, which is known to be a good brand of ammo.

It's functional, still, but could be better.

Are there any irregularities in your barrel rifling that you can see? Also, check the crown of your barrel. If there's a nick, scratch, or dent, that could be destabilizing your bullets.

-DPMS Lo-Pro Classic AR-15
-Hi-Point C9

The enemy of my enemy is my friend, until my enemy is dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 47_MasoN_47 View Post
Man, if it wasn't for having to freaking eat, I'd have a ton more guns.
I'm so hardcore, I carry 2 in the chamber!

Quick Reply