Hipoint Firearms Forums > Hi-Point Firearms Discussion > Hi-Point Pistols > CF 380 comp

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2011, 03:14 AM   #1
firesnpr
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Send a message via Yahoo to firesnpr
Default CF 380 comp

Is there a difference between the CF380 and the CF380 Comp ejector and spring? I switched barrels from the CF380 to the Comp and have had nothing but FTE's, including two that ended up bending my firing pin. I did have a second pin to replace it. Anyone have any ideas?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-05-2011, 03:58 AM   #2
writerinmo

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Default Re: CF 380 comp

There was an upgrade about a year ago to the extractor and spring, the new one has a more aggressive "hook" to it and the spring has an extra coil in it, makes a world of difference.

When you say FTE, is it just not kicking it out, or not extracting it cleanly? Upgrading these two parts would be my first recommendation. I know my C9 Comp started tossing the empties about 7-8 feet out versus the original 4-5.

http://elby.yolasite.com/ mosin sight tools

“There are currently 37/38 states that are currently “shall issue” states. They also said they saw reductions in their violent crime rates, significant declines, because nobody wants to go duck hunting when five percent of the ducks can shoot back.”

Old 06-05-2011, 04:11 AM   #3
TacticalJHP

Liked 12 Times on 3 Posts

when you swapped barrels, did you change slides? or any other parts?

"All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse, and a good wife."
Daniel Boone

"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
-- Mohandas Gandhi

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."
-James Earl Jones

Old 06-05-2011, 11:22 PM   #4
firesnpr

No the only thing I changed was the barrel itself. I purchased the 380 comp kit from Numerich. Up to that point, I did change to the new more aggressive ejector and spring, as I was having cases fail to fully eject before. Once I did that, they started ejecting nicely and did for about 200 rounds before I switched the barrel.
Staying in the same 380 caliber, I didn't think it would be necessary to change the slide out since there was no change in the design itself. The only difference is the comp barrel stickes out further through the slide about 1/2 to 3/4 an inch. The weapon did fire correctly for about 2 mag's and then i started to have every round either stove pipe, or lodge in behine the next round feeding from the magazine and hanging the slide up.

Hope this helps expalin what's going on.

Brian

Old 06-06-2011, 12:41 AM   #5
writerinmo

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

What ammo are you using.

“There are currently 37/38 states that are currently “shall issue” states. They also said they saw reductions in their violent crime rates, significant declines, because nobody wants to go duck hunting when five percent of the ducks can shoot back.”

Old 06-06-2011, 01:14 AM   #6
TacticalJHP

Liked 12 Times on 3 Posts

ok, is it not coming out of the chamber, or is it coming out of the chamber but getting caught as it tries to eject?

"All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse, and a good wife."
Daniel Boone

"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
-- Mohandas Gandhi

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."
-James Earl Jones

Old 06-06-2011, 03:35 AM   #7
firesnpr

i'm using factory remington umc 95 fmj, and also using reloaded, 90 jhp hornady with 3.5 grain (max load). they will sometimes not eject and get stuck behind the new round feeding, and some will partially eject and get caught as the slide goes forward trying to cycle the next round.

I have shot the reloaded jhp's with no problem in the original barrel that came with the pistol, aprox 300 rounds.

Old 06-06-2011, 05:19 AM   #8
writerinmo

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Sounds almost like the slide isn't fully cycling to the rear, which would cause the problems you are experiencing. I've never had any problems with the Remington, but only shot the .40 caliber of the UMC. In 9mm I tend to stick with Federal and Blazer brass for target shooting. I'd say pick up a box of the Federal at walmart and try it, after making sure that your internal parts are in good shape. There's no reason for it to malfunction just due to the barrel change, the slide and springs are the same between the Comp and standard models.

Is it with multiple magazines or just one?

Old 06-06-2011, 04:21 PM   #9
firesnpr

I have 7 mag's for the pistol and it is consistant with all of them. Have replacement parts on the way today, new spring, ejector, pin, and fireing pin. will see what happens once those are changed out. If no change, may just try and put the cf380 barrel back on and see what happens.

Old 06-14-2011, 12:01 AM   #10
firesnpr

Ok, new parts arrived, switched out the spring and ejector, ran several clips through it, only two failure to eject happened. the rest were in rapid succession and all fully ejected 4 to 5 ft to the right. I'll be running a few more rounds this week as time permits and the sun stays up.. thanks for all the suggestions, and thanks to Hi-Point for their excellent no questions asked warrenty.

Quick Reply