Free HPFF Decals for Helping out!
Hipoint Firearms Forums > Hi-Point Firearms Discussion > Hi-Point Pistols > My custom JCP 40

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2010, 07:33 PM   #11
Mags50
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Re: My custom JCP 40

zxxflyer: The plexiglass has been holding up just fine! I have at least 120-150 rds through just this mag. not a single problem!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2010, 11:15 PM   #12
zombiekiller

Liked 80 Times on 60 Posts
Likes Given: 23

That looks awesome! This might be a stupid question but is the laser activated just by grip pressure?

Old 05-01-2010, 12:02 AM   #13
ZXXflyer

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Hey everyone.

The laser itself is the piece mounted in front of the accessory rail... It's electronics are under the hand grip... battery under the right hand grip.. also in the left hand grip is a micro switch. So when you squeeze the grips like you are ready to shoot, the laser comes on.

The laser is mounted in these photos with hi-temp hot glue, and has not come loose or lost adjustment after 50 rounds(And MANY trips in and out of my holster). The hot glue REALLY(I mean REALLY) sticks to the polymer frame if you use sandpaper to take the gloss off the polymer first.

The laser is going to be mounted with JB Weld now that I have had time to test the system and determine how many yards out I want it sited in at. Plus, the JB is black in color and will conceal the already TINY laser apparatus almost completely.

I started the idea with a bunch of laser pointers laying around...I tested them all with fresh batteries, and then picked the one that had the brightest, best shaped, dot on the wall at 50 yards. I then pulled it apart, un-soldered the laser from the PCB, and started on the custom wiring. Only had to drill two TINY holes in the frame for the wiring to cross between the mag well.

Here are some pics WITHOUT my flashlight on the gun...

Old 05-02-2010, 03:10 PM   #14
Hi-Life

Awesome mods fellas!

Noob here:
I hate to be a PITA, but I'm not 100% clear on this, so bear with me. I don't quite understand what I need to do to the sheet metal mag case to do the 8 round mod.

Here's what I've gathered so far; I disassemble the mag (how?), shorten the mag case (how much?) and fab a new floor plate. I don't mean to criticize, but is there any chance you could post or email better pics of your magazines or your process? I'm having a hard time seeing exactly what you did and I'm unable to download/adjust your photos to improve clarity.

Mags50;
I also like the idea of your plexiglass magazine mod - any pics of that available?

Thanks in advance!

"You cannot invade the mainland United States, there would be a rifle behind each blade of grass." Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

[move][/move]

Old 05-02-2010, 10:54 PM   #15
Mags50

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Hi-Life, There's an old post of mine in the Archive/Vintage topic section #319-322 hope these help you!

Old 05-01-2012, 06:28 PM   #16
ZXXflyer

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Update

I haven't been on here in a looong time... or shot the ol' hi-point in a long time..

I took it to the range with me a few weeks ago and loved the laser, but was still frustrated with it's constant feed issues... So when I got home from the range, I broke out the Dremel and attacked the feed ramp. It has now been re-profiled and polished again... It now feeds my speer gold dot hollow points flawlessly.

Old 03-12-2013, 01:15 AM   #17
ZXXflyer

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Bump for an old post... I got an email saying I haven't logged in for a long time, to please stop by... So here I am...

With the feed ramp throated and polished, I now consider this gun reliable.
Everyone is always blown away by the custom laser install...Most don't even realize it has a custom shortened magazine.

Old 03-12-2013, 01:54 AM   #18
lilmule

Liked 27 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Was the grip shortened as well?
That and a 1911 type paddle safety with custom trigger would make a sweet gun.
Pics pics

Old 03-12-2013, 06:16 AM   #19
ZXXflyer

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Nah.. I didn't shorten the grip any.. But I have considered welding and machining a new safety lever...

Quick Reply