Hipoint Firearms Forums > Hi-Point Firearms Discussion > Hi-Point Pistols > my js-9mm stallard arms

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2011, 02:15 AM   #1
nelsoni59
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default my js-9mm stallard arms

I REALLY NEED HELP HERE.. I brought this Gun Used.. i like it so far, BUT i am having A REALLY hard time taking this Gun apart.. I took the pin out but for the life of me I cannot sly the top part of the Gun out .. I WOULD PLEASEEEE ask you experts out there for your help... if you own one of these Guns and have done maintenace on it.. email me or point me to the right direction as to how to take it apart for cleaning,, your INPUT would be GREATLY APPRECIATE it.. from a desperate Gun owner.. ME....

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-13-2011, 03:34 AM   #2
Tyche

Liked 20 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 22

Default Re: my js-9mm stallard arms

To start with, I am not a gun expert, nor do I own a Stallard JS-9mm or a Hi-Point C9. I do have a Hi-Point JHP .45 cal, and I just did some research on the Stallard for you. It would appear that the Stallard breakdown is the same as the C9 (and also the JHP. When you have a winning design, go with it. )

Further information can be gotten here:
http://www.hipointfirearmsforums.com/Forum/index.php/topic,1444.15.html
http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=800201

A breakdown picture for the Stallard can be seen here: http://www.gunpartscorp.com/catalog/Products.aspx?catid=5850

Breakdown picture for the Hi-Point C9 is here in PDF format: http://www.hi-pointfirearms.net/manuals/C-9_CF380.pdf

Hope it helps.

"The Truth shall Make Ye Fret"
"TRUTH", Terry Pratchett

Old 08-13-2011, 04:49 PM   #3
nelsoni59

Thank you for the time u took in this research. my problem is that althought I took out pin located in the rear of the Gun, it saids on the instructions to pull the sly back and it should come apart, it not happing to me. it does not want to come apart. is there like another piece I need to take out so the sly can come apart?? thanks again..

Old 08-14-2011, 05:11 AM   #4
farmkid

Liked 17 Times on 13 Posts

I'm not sure I understand your problem, as you seem to have started the disassembly process correctly. Ship it back to Mother, who -- despite the ancient origins of this pistol -- will almost certainly be able to help you. She did with my Iberia.

2011 Nominee: ZAMAC Award for Service: www.hipointfirearmsforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=287701&page=2

Old 08-14-2011, 08:07 PM   #5
patrick

I had a similar problem on my JHP. It really frustrated me for a few minutes. I tried pulling on different areas more, at different angles, and finally got it. The second time it was easier. I know this isn't much consolation or help, but have patience, and maybe you can get it.

Old 08-15-2011, 07:50 PM   #6
ajole
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 4817 Times on 3363 Posts
Likes Given: 4310

Pull the slide back slightly, wiggle it some, maybe lift the rear of the slide up a bit...then slide it off the front of the barrel. My Stallard slide comes off easily that way.

No need to send it in, just keep fiddling with it.

He who smiles last....

......................thinks slowest.

Q

Not anything to do with me,...but SWAGA referred me to it...and it is pretty funny: The Ballad of Ajole
17 HP's and counting.

Old 08-16-2011, 06:00 AM   #7
nelsoni59

Thanks Guys.. I;ll keep messing with it ,, maybe I;ll have the same luck as Patrick did.. all I know is that so far its a little hard taking this Gun apart. so hey patrick all u did was take the rear pin out and thats it??

Old 08-16-2011, 06:27 AM   #8
nelsoni59

update::: holycrap...!!! I did it.. ... the parts flew because I kinda forced it a little ,, But all parts accounted for nothing broke.. I will learn the Gun and to all u Guys who took the time to Help me I thank you ..

Old 08-16-2011, 12:33 PM   #9
Tyche

Liked 20 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 22

You're welcome, nelsoni59. Sorry to hear that you had parts all over. Glad you could account for them all. Good luck and have fun.

"The Truth shall Make Ye Fret"
"TRUTH", Terry Pratchett

Quick Reply