Hipoint Firearms Forums > Hi-Point Firearms Discussion > Hi-Point Carbines > 15 RD National Mag for High Point 4595 carbine

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2011, 04:10 PM   #1
jhteasley1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Send a message via AIM to jhteasley1 Send a message via MSN to jhteasley1 Send a message via Yahoo to jhteasley1
Default 15 RD National Mag for High Point 4595 carbine

Going to try out my new National 15 rd .45cal magazine this coming week on my 4595 carbine Better built than the Pro Mag .The National Mag uses a metal follower instead of the cheap plastic follower that PRO MAG uses on their Magazines I Get Constant James on every third or forth shot That follower on the PRO MAG has a tendency to tilt back causing several rounds to foul up in the receiver .The National Mag has no backward or forward motion .Hopefully this will resolve the jamming problem once and for all.It would be nice if HIGH POINT would make a 20 or 30 RD. Magazine for the 4595 Carbine in stead of trying to find something that works well the Carbine.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-15-2011, 06:19 PM   #2
showpare
Expert in Superfluities

Liked 50 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 98

Is the National mag made specifically for the Hi-Point?

Old 10-15-2011, 06:21 PM   #3
kalboy

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Welcome and good luck with your new mag. I have had little luck with National Magazines, even had them fall apart in my hands while loading one for the first time. I do hope yours turns out good, you're right,we need some quality higher cap mags.
Best of luck and please keep us updated!

Old 10-16-2011, 05:17 PM   #4
jhteasley1

Send a message via AIM to jhteasley1 Send a message via MSN to jhteasley1 Send a message via Yahoo to jhteasley1
Default Natinal 15 rd. Magazine

No it is made for the colt 1911 ,If you lightly bend up the clip catch it will work with the 4595 carbine and is a tighter fit so it dosnt move around as much as the Pro Mag. I found that if you make 2 raps of electrical tape at the clip catch and at the end of the clip notch stop it is nice tight fit ,and pops out when you discharge clip.Going this week to the range and see how well it cycles through the 15 rd clip.the follower has no slop in it nice and tight ,no front or back movement like the Pro Mag has .We will see how well it works and in form of our results.The National Mag looks and feels heavier than the Pro Mag and easier to load .

Old 10-17-2011, 02:49 AM   #5
donmitt

Likes Given: 3

There is a UTUBE that shows how to modify a 1911mag to fit the Hi Point 45acp pistol. If this mod works on the 6 round 1911 mag it should work on the national mag one would think.

Old 12-23-2011, 08:33 PM   #6
Old man Tucker

Send a message via Yahoo to Old man Tucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhteasley1 View Post
Going to try out my new National 15 rd .45cal magazine this coming week on my 4595 carbine Better built than the Pro Mag .The National Mag uses a metal follower instead of the cheap plastic follower that PRO MAG uses on their Magazines I Get Constant James on every third or forth shot That follower on the PRO MAG has a tendency to tilt back causing several rounds to foul up in the receiver .The National Mag has no backward or forward motion .Hopefully this will resolve the jamming problem once and for all.It would be nice if HIGH POINT would make a 20 or 30 RD. Magazine for the 4595 Carbine in stead of trying to find something that works well the Carbine.
Hi jhteasley1, i called pro mag and they are making a 15rd mag for the 4595, they said it should be out in the spring 2012. Hopefully it will function better then their 995 15rd. From what other members said they had problems with early 15rd the followers weren't right, but since i heard they corrected the problem. I would be real happy to have a 15rd in my 4595 that works. Good luck with the national. Please post results. Thanks"

Quick Reply