Hipoint Firearms Forums > Hi-Point Firearms Discussion > Hi-Point Carbines > Bullet button size

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2011, 06:17 AM   #1
Fq400
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Bullet button size

My pick up date is this Friday so I don't have the carbine to take the measurement.

what's the size or the bullet button on the carbine? I live in California and am thinking of buyin the mag magnet.
They offer two sizes
1. .223/5.56 Mag Magnet
2. .308 Mag Magnet

Thanks in advance

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-23-2011, 07:48 AM   #2
aaaslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fq400 View Post
My pick up date is this Friday so I don't have the carbine to take the measurement.

what's the size or the bullet button on the carbine? I live in California and am thinking of buyin the mag magnet.
They offer two sizes
1. .223/5.56 Mag Magnet
2. .308 Mag Magnet

Thanks in advance

Mag magnet is illegal bro. And its a small little hole none of those fit. They only fit popular guns like the AR platforms. Those are rifle rounds anyway. Our carbine is a pistol caliber. Congrats on your purchase. Which caliber you get?

Old 11-23-2011, 01:50 PM   #3
Fq400

I went for the 45

Old 11-23-2011, 04:58 PM   #4
Jack Houston

Ok for someone who doesn't know...what's a bullet button???

Old 11-23-2011, 05:14 PM   #5
Stratojaxter
HPF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 299 Times on 184 Posts
Likes Given: 401

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Houston View Post
Ok for someone who doesn't know...what's a bullet button???
Thanks to California's insane "assault rifle" laws, it's an inset button that needs a tool, or the tip of a bullet (considered a tool) to drop the magazine. Basically is makes it technically a fixed magazine.

here's an article on it http://www.scopedin.com/reviews/ar-15-equipment/the-bullet-button-magazine-release/

Old 11-23-2011, 05:19 PM   #6
leadspewer
Prepare for battle!

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

IT is an infringement on the Second Amendment rights of Californians.

It is a device that is put in where the magazine release goes, and makes you have to use some sort of "tool" in order to change magazines.
http://wiki.calgunsfoundation.org/index.php/Non_detachable_magazines
This is supposed to make the liarcrats and their ripoffcon bed partners happy, and better rested, for it is meant to make these career politicians feel more readily electable by their brainwashed gun-fearing constituents, oh and did I mention the passage of this ruling just made us 50,000 points safer. Hurray for effective government in action. Now excuse me please while I go retch in to the commode.

Edit: I see that I am beat, well posted sir. What the gentleman above me states, yes... veritably, I have one of these "bullet buttons" on my 995TS, Turners is one of the few shops (a small chain of shops) in Southern California regularly 'importing' them from the free U.S., modifying with this reversible feature (in case of out of state moves), and then selling these plucky carbines to us lowly pondlife here. Well, what? That is what my government says I am... untrustable, guilty, pondlife scum which needs to quickly move aside for this glorious, honorable and pure, newly arrived "undocumented worker" ... the "glue" of my society here, according to the politicians
I am supposed to look at them as my example and to be more like them....
( I mention this, because the shifted demographics here are in large part directly to blame for the allowance of the passage of these restrictions, for the development of our fascist police state life here now)
Seriously... where is my barf smiley...

Oh, and to attempt to partially answer your question here Fq400, welcome to HPFF by the way and sorry for my rant, I am sure you can likewise feel the pain .... THe button that Turners uses sits within the regular magazine release button "well", so it small and not the same as the standardized AR platform bullet buttons, indeed. If you are going out of state to use your rifle then the mag magnet may or may not fit for you, I can't be sure but have wondered about that myself. In the event that the ruling is overturned (or an extended lawless situation, whistle whistle)
then a disassembly will allow you to reinstall the standard magazine release button, I have confirmed.
Meanwhile, you best bet in my opinion is to use one of these, I have a few of both: (before that I just used a bic pen or a bamboo skewer)
http://www.gpik.net/
http://store01.prostores.com/servlet/truetip/Detail?no=1
Cheers
vomit breathed leadspewer

Last edited by leadspewer; 11-23-2011 at 05:47 PM.

Old 11-23-2011, 06:17 PM   #7
R-H

They won't fit the Hi-Point.
Best way is to use a glove on your non trigger hand attach a small machine screw to the thumb of the glove just long enough to push the release button, glue a piece of leather inside the thumb to keep from rubbing the bolt head.
Another way i'm going to try is to attach a release to the plastic base of each clip, that way the loaded clip can be used as the release, when the clip is in the gun the release tool can not be used so it's not a tool attached to the gun. these type of releases are made for AR type weapons in California.

Old 11-23-2011, 06:32 PM   #8
leadspewer
Prepare for battle!

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

http://www.ubbt.net/ubbt-products.html
never tried 'em but these guys make some cool well-regarded kits

Old 11-23-2011, 07:46 PM   #9
Fq400

Thanks for all the replies, and yea I feel the pain man this bullet button crap is dumb

I have something in mind I'll keep this updated

Old 11-24-2011, 03:08 PM   #10
Jack Houston

Oh, guess I wouldn't have to worry about that since I live in The Republic of TEXAS!!!

Quick Reply