Hipoint Firearms Forums > Hi-Point Firearms Discussion > Hi-Point Carbines > California Legal Carbine?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2009, 04:35 PM   #21
mv1985
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Re: California Legal Carbine?

ok problem solved, i bought the over sized mag release from an ebay seller, drilled a small hole in the middle and put spacers behind it, so i cant engage it unless i use a tool to press it in.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-02-2009, 06:26 PM   #22
47_MasoN_47
You know who I am

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Send a message via ICQ to 47_MasoN_47 Send a message via AIM to 47_MasoN_47

Quote:
ok problem solved, i bought the over sized mag release from an ebay seller, drilled a small hole in the middle and put spacers behind it, so i cant engage it unless i use a tool to press it in.
That sounds like something that should be made a sticky in the Announcements, Stickies, and Tutorials section. Maybe the Gunsmithing area as well!

Old 09-02-2009, 08:02 PM   #23
mv1985

yeah? you think its worth posting there?

Old 09-02-2009, 08:36 PM   #24
47_MasoN_47
You know who I am

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Send a message via ICQ to 47_MasoN_47 Send a message via AIM to 47_MasoN_47

I think so, there's probably other CA residents that would like to know that suggestion. I think the mods have to post it there though, so it'll be up to them to decide whether it's worthy or not haha.

Old 03-29-2012, 05:59 AM   #25
Migz

Default Thumbhole/bullet hole

Ok so I bought the 995ts and the ati gunstock with all the cool rails..
Received my ati gunstock 4days after and my gun 6 days later (California 10 day waiting period).. Started to take the gun apart to install it on the ati gun stock.. After an hour I was done and satisfied but realized that it no longer had a bullet hole.. I figured out a way to make it bullet hole again.. My question is if I modify the mag release button to make it a bullet hole would that make my firearm legal in the state of California?? If not, is any one interested in buying a modified ATI gunstock to fit the new 995ts with two 17" top rails, 6" bottom rail, two 3" side rails?? Please inform

Old 04-03-2012, 11:01 AM   #26
ErnestoMM

Send a message via ICQ to ErnestoMM
Default surprized thanks

you are right

Old 10-23-2012, 04:57 PM   #27
Kommifornian

MrWhite4,

Thank you for your suggestion on pushing our elected officials to change their views on fire arms. I myself have written my local Dem representative and tried to educate her on the mechanical aspects of pistol gripped semi automatic magazine loaded carbines. She is a good woman and I expect her to keep an open mind as did the other legislators who recently denied passage of San Francisco rep Leland Yee's bullet button ban. However, I'd like to ease MV1984's concerns about the legality of his fire arm. Don't worry about it. I live in the Los Angeles area and have fired my hi cap mags, installed a quick release mag button on my 995TS and have seen other banned items like folding stocks and flash suppressors at all my local ranges. Our laws are meant to keep these items from being easily purchased by the masses, but one can easily purchase hi cap mag kits and bullet button kits, folding stocks etc at any gun show and even some brick and mortar stores. Just be sure your weapons are legally stored for travel to and from the range and stay legal in all other aspects of your life. You should be OK with owning the same fire arms as those our neighbors to the east own as long as you aren't already being followed by law enforcement for selling guns, manufacturing drugs or running a prostitution ring.

Quick Reply