Hipoint Firearms Forums > Hi-Point Firearms Discussion > Hi-Point Carbines > Diane Feinsteins Official Gun Ban List - Hi Point Carbin Included.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2013, 12:07 AM   #11
farmkid
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 12 Times on 10 Posts

I find it interesting, and possibly illegal, that the ban list includes "Hi-Point Carbine", instead of listing the particular models. So what if HP, as suggested by jones, introduces a new tube-fed carbine under a different model number? Will it be illegal under this generic term?

2011 Nominee: ZAMAC Award for Service: www.hipointfirearmsforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=287701&page=2

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2013, 12:10 AM   #12
AllOutOfAmmo
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 991 Times on 770 Posts
Likes Given: 244

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmkid View Post
I find it interesting, and possibly illegal, that the ban list includes "Hi-Point Carbine", instead of listing the particular models. So what if HP, as suggested by jones, introduces a new tube-fed carbine under a different model number? Will it be illegal under this generic term?
Tube fed, it only uses 10rnd mags, we just need to elminate the pistol grip... Wonder if thumbhole stocks are going to make the cut, if they do, all HP has to do is change the mold for the TS stock to have a bar run from the PG to the back of the stock. I've never seen any gun specifically named Hi Point Carbine, I've seen 995s, 4095s, and even 4595s, but no HP Carbines.

You think you can phase me? Oh no! A Phaser!

GREG!
[ 7.62 X 54R>

BRING BACK TALON NOW! SCREW THE HATERS!

Old 01-25-2013, 01:51 AM   #13
nadodave
the Great

Liked 164 Times on 131 Posts
Likes Given: 18

if it's an internal mag, it can have a pistol grip, the ban is for guns with detachable magazine.

"All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse, and a good wife."

-Daniel Boone

Old 01-25-2013, 02:02 AM   #14
bmpatrick12

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Like you said above if they add a thumb hole they should be fine as far as the cosmetic look goes. Hi Point will be fine with the 10 rd magazine. I cant see a bill passing that bans it less than that. Not even remotely. I think they didnt name the exact models because there is only 3 and they said ban those three as is. I do not see her getting a bill passed to ban this at all. I just wanted to show you what this crazy ***** wants to ban. Lets not forget this is the same lady that restricted concealed carry in California while being a concealed carry permit holder.

Old 01-25-2013, 02:20 AM   #15
marjamr

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Thumb holes were banned in the original AWB and as understand it will be banned in this one too. Will somebody get these pics to Beemiller and ask them to produce a stock like this we can just drop the hardware into?

a51-stocks.jpg   dsc00469.jpg  
Old 01-25-2013, 02:25 AM   #16
Tyler-Durden77
HPF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 72 Times on 50 Posts
Likes Given: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmkid View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the definition of a carbine a rifle that is chambered in a pistol caliber? That would mean that Hi Point would not have any work around. We need to do everything we can to stop this ban!

Old 01-25-2013, 02:28 AM   #17
rickmuzick

Liked 16 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 23

Just paid a RIDICULOUS $500 for a brand new 995. What has this country come to?

Old 01-25-2013, 02:32 AM   #18
marjamr

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I read that to determine which guns to ban, the b***h had her staff look through a gun bible and pick out all the guns that looked scary. She doesn't want pistol grips or thumb holes because she doesn't want anybody shooting from the hip, Al Capone-Tommy gun style. For god's sake!

Old 01-25-2013, 02:35 AM   #19
marjamr

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler-Durden77 View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the definition of a carbine a rifle that is chambered in a pistol caliber? That would mean that Hi Point would not have any work around. We need to do everything we can to stop this ban!
She didn't ban the Ruger PC9 or the Marlin Camp 9, both 9mm with detachable mags but they look like a standard hunting rifle.

Old 01-25-2013, 02:35 AM   #20
websterz

Liked 74 Times on 51 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Come and try to get mine you horse-faced *****!!

I am a bitter, disillusioned gun owner desperately clinging to my religion.

"In this day and time and considering the morals of our country, if you are ridiculed for your Christian beliefs, you are probably on the right track." --eyeman2904

Quick Reply