Free HPFF Decals for Helping out!
Hipoint Firearms Forums > Hi-Point Firearms Discussion > Hi-Point Carbines > Hi-Point 4095TS or the 995TS?

View Poll Results: 4095TS vs 995TS
4095TS 15 31.25%
995TS 33 68.75%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2010, 01:18 PM   #1
Plinkuh
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Hi-Point 4095TS or the 995TS?

Hey all, I'm new to the forums and new to Hi-Point carbines. Really interested in picking one up, just not sure of what caliber I should invest in. Can you guys offer up some advice/recommendations for a new guy? I really like the versatility of the 9mm but I also love the power of the .40. Thanks in advance to all that post. ^-^

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2010, 01:47 PM   #2
cj10566

Default Re: Hi-Point 4095TS or the 995TS?

I had to make the same choice, I decide on the 9mm. A few things you may want to consider is do you already have a 9mm or .40 so you can stick with buying/stocking up on the same round, do you go to the range a lot i.e. Wal mart by me has a box of federal FMJ 9mm $10.47 .40 $14.57. This help me decide to go with 9mm I go to the range a lot and also figure I would run a lot of rounds through my 995TS the $4 a box adds up and the budget is tight. I also did research on stopping power and found that the .40 is a little better but countless times 9mm have been used and proved affective in handguns so add the extra velocity from a 16.5 barrel and you should not have a problem stopping a threat. Plus Mother is making larger mags for the 9mm.
Just my 2 cents and don't get me wrong my duty is a .40 and the rounds are great.

Old 12-06-2010, 02:06 PM   #3
Therios

I purchased the 40 first. the pistol and the carbine have interchangable mags as well. So I have one of each and 5 mags. I can shoot a box through either carbine or pistol or any combination thereof.

I bought the .40 because... hmmm... no real reason other than the pistol is slightly larger and I liked that. so to 4095 was simple as not yet duplicating ammo.

I do now have the bug so it is actually a moot point. sooner or later you WILL get more. and for the price, well, let's just say that it is hard pressed for me to pay 3 times as much until such time as my rack is full and THEN I will start on the more expensive stuff.

You should not criticise someone until you walk a mile in their shoes... That way you are a mile away and have their shoes!

Old 12-06-2010, 02:20 PM   #4
Plinkuh

Quote:
I had to make the same choice, I decide on the 9mm. A few things you may want to consider is do you already have a 9mm or .40 so you can stick with buying/stocking up on the same round, do you go to the range a lot i.e. Wal mart by me has a box of federal FMJ 9mm $10.47 .40 $14.57. This help me decide to go with 9mm I go to the range a lot and also figure I would run a lot of rounds through my 995TS the $4 a box adds up and the budget is tight. I also did research on stopping power and found that the .40 is a little better but countless times 9mm have been used and proved affective in handguns so add the extra velocity from a 16.5 barrel and you should not have a problem stopping a threat. Plus Mother is making larger mags for the 9mm.
Just my 2 cents and don't get me wrong my duty is a .40 and the rounds are great.
I don't frequently visit the range, maybe once a week or twice a month. The cheaper ammo point you brought up is a good one, an extra five dollars a box over time will surely start eating away at me (although I do own a .40 S&W Sigma). Also, the larger cap. magazines is another great selling point. Thanks for your response.

Old 12-06-2010, 02:21 PM   #5
Plinkuh

Quote:
I purchased the 40 first. the pistol and the carbine have interchangable mags as well. So I have one of each and 5 mags. I can shoot a box through either carbine or pistol or any combination thereof.

I bought the .40 because... hmmm... no real reason other than the pistol is slightly larger and I liked that. so to 4095 was simple as not yet duplicating ammo.

I do now have the bug so it is actually a moot point. sooner or later you WILL get more. and for the price, well, let's just say that it is hard pressed for me to pay 3 times as much until such time as my rack is full and THEN I will start on the more expensive stuff.
Oh yes, indeed I too have the bug. It's getting me pretty antsy around Xmas time too :cantlook:

Old 12-06-2010, 02:47 PM   #6
Plinkuh

Does the 995TS have more available accessories? I was searching around for some .40 accessories, and find it to be lacking (when compared to the 995). This could be a deciding factor for me, as I wanted a vented suppressor for the .40. Thoughts on this?

Old 12-06-2010, 03:38 PM   #7
cj10566

No problem Plinkuh you can't go wrong with either one.

Old 12-06-2010, 04:19 PM   #8
Therios

Quote:
Does the 995TS have more available accessories? I was searching around for some .40 accessories, and find it to be lacking (when compared to the 995). This could be a deciding factor for me, as I wanted a vented suppressor for the .40. Thoughts on this?
i got mine from mom. with the rails, there really isn't an issue with options on the carbines

You should not criticise someone until you walk a mile in their shoes... That way you are a mile away and have their shoes!

Old 12-06-2010, 06:13 PM   #9
Plinkuh

Quote:
Quote:
i got mine from mom. with the rails, there really isn't an issue with options on the carbines
Yeah, there is an immense plethora of accessories for Hi-point carbines in general, or so far from what I can tell there is. It seems though, that most vented suppressors are for the 995 though, as with the high cap. mags. :'(

Old 12-06-2010, 07:15 PM   #10
ajole
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 3147 Times on 2258 Posts
Likes Given: 2930

Vented suppressors...is that a muzzle brake, or compensator?

I chose 995, but then read that you already have a .40 pistol...so get a 4095.

He who smiles last....

......................thinks slowest.

Q

Not anything to do with me,...but SWAGA referred me to it...and it is pretty funny: The Ballad of Ajole
17 HP's and counting.

Quick Reply