Free HPFF Decals for Helping out!
Hipoint Firearms Forums > Hi-Point Firearms Discussion > Hi-Point Carbines > Hi-Point 4095TS or the 995TS?

View Poll Results: 4095TS vs 995TS
4095TS 15 31.25%
995TS 33 68.75%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2010, 01:18 PM   #1
Plinkuh
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: US
Posts: 28
Default Hi-Point 4095TS or the 995TS?

Hey all, I'm new to the forums and new to Hi-Point carbines. Really interested in picking one up, just not sure of what caliber I should invest in. Can you guys offer up some advice/recommendations for a new guy? I really like the versatility of the 9mm but I also love the power of the .40. Thanks in advance to all that post. ^-^

__________________
Plinkuh is offline  
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2010, 01:47 PM   #2
cj10566
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 59
Default Re: Hi-Point 4095TS or the 995TS?

I had to make the same choice, I decide on the 9mm. A few things you may want to consider is do you already have a 9mm or .40 so you can stick with buying/stocking up on the same round, do you go to the range a lot i.e. Wal mart by me has a box of federal FMJ 9mm $10.47 .40 $14.57. This help me decide to go with 9mm I go to the range a lot and also figure I would run a lot of rounds through my 995TS the $4 a box adds up and the budget is tight. I also did research on stopping power and found that the .40 is a little better but countless times 9mm have been used and proved affective in handguns so add the extra velocity from a 16.5 barrel and you should not have a problem stopping a threat. Plus Mother is making larger mags for the 9mm.
Just my 2 cents and don't get me wrong my duty is a .40 and the rounds are great.
__________________
cj10566 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2010, 02:06 PM   #3
Therios
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Therios's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Rainier, Oregon
Posts: 213
Default Re: Hi-Point 4095TS or the 995TS?

I purchased the 40 first. the pistol and the carbine have interchangable mags as well. So I have one of each and 5 mags. I can shoot a box through either carbine or pistol or any combination thereof.

I bought the .40 because... hmmm... no real reason other than the pistol is slightly larger and I liked that. so to 4095 was simple as not yet duplicating ammo.

I do now have the bug so it is actually a moot point. sooner or later you WILL get more. and for the price, well, let's just say that it is hard pressed for me to pay 3 times as much until such time as my rack is full and THEN I will start on the more expensive stuff.

__________________

You should not criticise someone until you walk a mile in their shoes... That way you are a mile away and have their shoes!

Therios is offline  
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2010, 02:20 PM   #4
Plinkuh
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: US
Posts: 28
Default Re: Hi-Point 4095TS or the 995TS?

Quote:
I had to make the same choice, I decide on the 9mm. A few things you may want to consider is do you already have a 9mm or .40 so you can stick with buying/stocking up on the same round, do you go to the range a lot i.e. Wal mart by me has a box of federal FMJ 9mm $10.47 .40 $14.57. This help me decide to go with 9mm I go to the range a lot and also figure I would run a lot of rounds through my 995TS the $4 a box adds up and the budget is tight. I also did research on stopping power and found that the .40 is a little better but countless times 9mm have been used and proved affective in handguns so add the extra velocity from a 16.5 barrel and you should not have a problem stopping a threat. Plus Mother is making larger mags for the 9mm.
Just my 2 cents and don't get me wrong my duty is a .40 and the rounds are great.
I don't frequently visit the range, maybe once a week or twice a month. The cheaper ammo point you brought up is a good one, an extra five dollars a box over time will surely start eating away at me (although I do own a .40 S&W Sigma). Also, the larger cap. magazines is another great selling point. Thanks for your response.
__________________
Plinkuh is offline  
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2010, 02:21 PM   #5
Plinkuh
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: US
Posts: 28
Default Re: Hi-Point 4095TS or the 995TS?

Quote:
I purchased the 40 first. the pistol and the carbine have interchangable mags as well. So I have one of each and 5 mags. I can shoot a box through either carbine or pistol or any combination thereof.

I bought the .40 because... hmmm... no real reason other than the pistol is slightly larger and I liked that. so to 4095 was simple as not yet duplicating ammo.

I do now have the bug so it is actually a moot point. sooner or later you WILL get more. and for the price, well, let's just say that it is hard pressed for me to pay 3 times as much until such time as my rack is full and THEN I will start on the more expensive stuff.
Oh yes, indeed I too have the bug. It's getting me pretty antsy around Xmas time too :cantlook:
__________________
Plinkuh is offline  
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2010, 02:47 PM   #6
Plinkuh
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: US
Posts: 28
Default Re: Hi-Point 4095TS or the 995TS?

Does the 995TS have more available accessories? I was searching around for some .40 accessories, and find it to be lacking (when compared to the 995). This could be a deciding factor for me, as I wanted a vented suppressor for the .40. Thoughts on this?

__________________
Plinkuh is offline  
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2010, 03:38 PM   #7
cj10566
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 59
Default Re: Hi-Point 4095TS or the 995TS?

No problem Plinkuh you can't go wrong with either one.
__________________
cj10566 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2010, 04:19 PM   #8
Therios
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Therios's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Rainier, Oregon
Posts: 213
Default Re: Hi-Point 4095TS or the 995TS?

Quote:
Does the 995TS have more available accessories? I was searching around for some .40 accessories, and find it to be lacking (when compared to the 995). This could be a deciding factor for me, as I wanted a vented suppressor for the .40. Thoughts on this?
i got mine from mom. with the rails, there really isn't an issue with options on the carbines
__________________

You should not criticise someone until you walk a mile in their shoes... That way you are a mile away and have their shoes!

Therios is offline  
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2010, 06:13 PM   #9
Plinkuh
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: US
Posts: 28
Default Re: Hi-Point 4095TS or the 995TS?

Quote:
Quote:
Does the 995TS have more available accessories? I was searching around for some .40 accessories, and find it to be lacking (when compared to the 995). This could be a deciding factor for me, as I wanted a vented suppressor for the .40. Thoughts on this?
i got mine from mom. with the rails, there really isn't an issue with options on the carbines
Yeah, there is an immense plethora of accessories for Hi-point carbines in general, or so far from what I can tell there is. It seems though, that most vented suppressors are for the 995 though, as with the high cap. mags. :'(
__________________
Plinkuh is offline  
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2010, 07:15 PM   #10
ajole
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
ajole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: NE Utah
Posts: 15,223
Liked 3147 Times on 2258 Posts
Likes Given: 2930

Default Re: Hi-Point 4095TS or the 995TS?

Vented suppressors...is that a muzzle brake, or compensator?

I chose 995, but then read that you already have a .40 pistol...so get a 4095.

__________________


He who smiles last....

......................thinks slowest.

Q

Not anything to do with me,...but SWAGA referred me to it...and it is pretty funny: The Ballad of Ajole
17 HP's and counting.
ajole is offline  
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply


Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
wtt 4095ts for 995ts hipoint91 Hi-Points For Sale 44 04-11-2012 02:18 AM
995ts or 4095ts? bamafan Hi-Point Carbines 17 03-14-2012 03:10 AM
4095ts or 995ts medic Hi-Point Carbines 4 12-25-2010 04:06 PM

Hi-Point and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Hi-Point Firearms and MKS Supply. Hipointfirearmsforum.com is not in any way associated with Hi-Point Firearms or MKS Supply LLC