You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of Hipointfirearmsforums.com    

Hipoint Firearms Forums > Other Topics of Interest > Lounge >

The Mole Lives Another Year

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2017, 03:30 PM   #71
backbencher
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 1293 Times on 831 Posts
Likes Given: 267

Besides just being generally cranky, I think you misunderstand my intent. I'm not trying to make ARs look like toys - ultimately, I'm trying to build them out of toys, giving folks another route to build the standard militia rifle @ home. The stock was the first step - well, actually 8 steps before I had a working version - and the 1911 grips have been a happy diversion.

If you don't like the multi-color stock or grips - or lower receiver one has produced, it's child's play to paint them whatever color you'd like - at which point the base material is mostly disguised, preventing idiots from having childish fantasies.

I would like to see your carvings, since you are so critical of someone else's achievement in the same material, and you've turned to your typical insults rather than demonstrate your claimed competence.
undeRGRound Likes This 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-13-2017, 07:32 PM   #72
moona11
Winter is coming
HPF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Liked 14728 Times on 7819 Posts
Likes Given: 11711

Quote:
Originally Posted by backbencher View Post
Besides just being generally cranky, I think you misunderstand my intent. I'm not trying to make ARs look like toys - ultimately, I'm trying to build them out of toys, giving folks another route to build the standard militia rifle @ home. The stock was the first step - well, actually 8 steps before I had a working version - and the 1911 grips have been a happy diversion.
Okay thats true
If you don't like the multi-color stock or grips - or lower receiver one has produced, it's child's play to paint them whatever color you'd like - at which point the base material is mostly disguised, preventing idiots from having childish fantasies.

I would like to see your carvings, since you are so critical of someone else's achievement in the same material, and you've turned to your typical insults rather than demonstrate your claimed competence.
This is the first one I found and know its not out of pine but oak. But its wood. He used pine which I would never have. The guy still did a ****ty job, Ya he used a mill and some bits that's not carving. If he knew how to to drill which is basically all he did, He would of known how not to chip out all those edges around it, Been working with wood all my life if I had the set up he did I would be set. If he has an issue with me dissing his project tell him I'm here. You on the other hand I don't really care if you are not happy about it or not.
File Type: jpg IMG_20141217_083027_130.jpg (45.6 KB, 11 views)
Old 05-13-2017, 10:04 PM   #73
undeRGRound
JACK the Mole... ;)
HPF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 18 reviews

Liked 13209 Times on 8790 Posts
Likes Given: 61724

I saw the website, it's a poke in the eye to "Senator Frankenfeinstein"

Aren't you the same guy who built the "Dirty Diane Solvent Trap",
Backy?

Make MONIE$ with crypto-currencies!
This is the NEXT BIG THING, get in Early!
The Crypto-Mania is just starting <clicky :D

Old 05-13-2017, 10:07 PM   #74
undeRGRound
JACK the Mole... ;)
HPF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by moona11 View Post
This is the first one I found and know its not out of pine but oak. But its wood. He used pine which I would never have. The guy still did a ****ty job, Ya he used a mill and some bits that's not carving. If he knew how to to drill which is basically all he did, He would of known how not to chip out all those edges around it, Been working with wood all my life if I had the set up he did I would be set. If he has an issue with me dissing his project tell him I'm here. You on the other hand I don't really care if you are not happy about it or not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by backbencher View Post

Youse "Army Guys" need to play NICE!
Treating one another like he was a Marine

Old 05-13-2017, 10:23 PM   #75
moona11
Winter is coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by undeRGRound View Post
Youse "Army Guys" need to play NICE!
Treating one another like he was a Marine
He started life as a SEAMAN. There is no coming back from that.
Old 05-13-2017, 11:37 PM   #76
undeRGRound
JACK the Mole... ;)
HPF_SUPPORTER.png

We all started life as semen, but most of us progress!

Old 05-14-2017, 12:55 AM   #77
backbencher

Quote:
Originally Posted by undeRGRound View Post
I saw the website, it's a poke in the eye to "Senator Frankenfeinstein"

Aren't you the same guy who built the "Dirty Diane Solvent Trap",
Backy?
Haven't dabbled in solvent traps, yet. Got a couple of Form 1 stamps, need to build 'em.
undeRGRound Likes This 
Old 05-14-2017, 01:04 AM   #78
backbencher

Quote:
Originally Posted by moona11 View Post
That's a pretty good looking Nagant w/ nice grips. You should thread that bbl.

If you'd bothered reading the thread on Weaponeer, you'd realize the wooden lower was simply testing his technique before his aluminum 80%s came in, and he bothered to test it just to see if it would work. He used pine simply b/c it was cheap & easy - he wasn't intending the lower to be an example of his fine wood working skills - he works in metal, primarily. Apparently, however, he's still the only one to attempt a wooden lower.

Since you have mad wood-working skills, why don't you give it a go? You could have a pretty slick custom integral pistol grip, and if you can keep your drill bit from walking unlike his, you could have a slick integral thumbhole stock as well. You get that done, I'll send you a LPK to install in it.

Old 05-14-2017, 01:08 AM   #79
moona11
Winter is coming

No reason to spend all that time making a a lower. They are cheap already finished.
I will not thread the bbl. It's to nice to mess with. Only reason I made those grips was I was bored, the original are to small and I wanted them to fit my hand.

Old 05-14-2017, 01:22 AM   #80
backbencher

If I ever get around to finding a Nagant, I'll look you up. Those look nice.

Quick Reply