Hipoint Firearms Forums > Other Topics of Interest > Lounge > The reason Dave Canterbury was Fired from Dual Survival show:

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2012, 04:49 PM   #1
IBCW
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 46 Times on 37 Posts
Likes Given: 21

Default The reason Dave Canterbury was Fired from Dual Survival show:

http://rockymountainbushcraft.blogspot.com/2012/05/dave-canterbury-leaves-dual-survival.html

"In April 2012, Canterbury falsely announced that he would no longer be part of the series due to family and business reasons. In truth, in September of 2011, Canterbury was fired by Discovery for misrepresenting his military and civilian background and experience.

Canterbury's false military claims can be seen on the POWnetwork.org website under their "phonies" section, letter "C". Canterbury also falsely claimed to have 20 years of survival skills experience which was proven untrue by the surfacing of Canterbury's own 2008 bio in which he was a factory worker at an auto plant in Ohio the year before he signed to be on Dual Survival. This bio can be viewed on BushcraftUSA."

I went to POWnetwork.org and viewed Dave's military service records. From what I can tell, he was an MP in the Army for 6 years who was trained as a military police sniper and an SRT member, which is like an Army version of SWAT. There is no mention of Ranger, Survival, Scout, or Airborne Training. There is also no mention of service in Central America, only in Korea.

Obviously, the Discovery Channel and Cody figured this out last year and had to make a hard decision, or else risk losing the integrity of the show. This is really sad to hear. Dave did serve his country, but decided to embellish things which got him into trouble.

I hated this for Dave....because I enjoyed what he brought to the show, but he made a serious mistake when he lied about his service record and experience...did not leave any other option for Cody or the Discovery channel. Looks like the new co-host of the show may be Joe Teti who is a Veteran of the US Marines, Army Special Forces and OGA. Joseph Teti is also the director of International Security Consultants.

http://soldiersystems.net/2012/07/08/new-host-dual-survival/

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-02-2012, 04:52 PM   #2
racer10
Feedback Score: 5 reviews

Liked 90 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 18

That's too bad, I liked Dave.

Old 11-02-2012, 05:14 PM   #3
GrumpyGator
HPF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 297 Times on 219 Posts
Likes Given: 270

Yeah, this came out a couple of months ago. My son and I are both big fans of the show. They supposedly have a replacement for Dave. There was rumor that it was Mykel Hawke from Man, Woman, Wild. This has been proven to be false. Cody has stated openly that the replacement is someone who has never been on TV before, but comes with a 100% verified 20 year Spec Ops background.

Pain is usually the best teacher, but no one wants to go to his class. ~ Jigoro Kano

It's not the will to win that matters - everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters. ~ Bear Bryant

Old 11-02-2012, 08:22 PM   #4
Shooter
Administrator
HPF_ADMIN.png

Liked 309 Times on 226 Posts
Likes Given: 392

The sad part is this info has been out for a long time. Discovery did not check their man out.

http://bushcraftusa.com/forum/showthread.php/17461-The-Truth-About-Dave-Canterbury-The-quot-Pathfinder-quot

Old 01-13-2013, 04:23 PM   #5
Jmerr

Likes Given: 1

Wow I miss dave. I don't care for joe he seems to an overbearing my way or he highway type. Cody is continually arguing with him its no fun to watch, find someone else, I love he show but "joe must go!"

Last edited by Jmerr; 01-13-2013 at 04:25 PM.

Old 01-13-2013, 04:55 PM   #6
ArmyScout
HPF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 631 Times on 443 Posts
Likes Given: 15

It's a shame Vets have to embellish their Service. But I talk with Vets quite often who try to BS me and embellish their Service, especially when it comes to Airborne Service. Never have understand why they do it. Not too long ago I was in Walmart waiting for my HH6 (what else) a Vet came over to where I was sitting and tried to tell me he made 3 Combat Jumps with the 101st in Nam. I let him talk for awhile then called him out. He just looked at me, his face turned red, and he got up and walked away. Also recently I had a Vet tell me he got hurt on a jump and had to medical out, just 50 jumps from getting his "double diamond Jump Wings". Why do they think they can BS someone who knows better.

Old 01-13-2013, 05:17 PM   #7
ajole
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 3973 Times on 2804 Posts
Likes Given: 3569

BX rangers for the win.

What is odd about Canterbury is that he had pretty decent credentials, he didn't need to embellish any, IMHO.

He who smiles last....

......................thinks slowest.

Q

Not anything to do with me,...but SWAGA referred me to it...and it is pretty funny: The Ballad of Ajole
17 HP's and counting.

Old 01-14-2013, 04:56 AM   #8
MaryB

Liked 329 Times on 215 Posts
Likes Given: 1

He did some really risky stuff that made me question his skills. You don't take major risks unless you absolutely have to.

Old 01-14-2013, 01:33 PM   #9
IBCW

Liked 46 Times on 37 Posts
Likes Given: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmerr View Post
Wow I miss dave. I don't care for joe he seems to an overbearing my way or he highway type. Cody is continually arguing with him its no fun to watch, find someone else, I love he show but "joe must go!"
I'm with you....don't really care for Joe either....the show doesn't seem the same without Dave.

Old 01-14-2013, 04:04 PM   #10
ajole

Liked 3973 Times on 2804 Posts
Likes Given: 3569

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryB View Post
He did some really risky stuff that made me question his skills. You don't take major risks unless you absolutely have to.
Which is the MAJOR issue with most of these shows, they do the risky stuff to look cool and get ratings, or as a "if you ever get so stuck that you HAVE to do it, here is how you could do it"...think Bear Grylls...but they don't explain it as well as they should. In REAL survival, it would be pretty boring, as you simply don't EVER do those things if you have put ANY sort of real thought into things.

Which was why I liked Survivor man, before he went all wonky and New Age.

He who smiles last....

......................thinks slowest.

Q

Not anything to do with me,...but SWAGA referred me to it...and it is pretty funny: The Ballad of Ajole
17 HP's and counting.

Quick Reply