Hipoint Firearms Forums > Other Topics of Interest > General Firearms Discussion > April Pistol Challenge!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2011, 01:59 AM   #1
officerfredrick
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default April Pistol Challenge!!!

Ok guys here's this months challenge....

Firearms For this challenge you can use any caliber or type of pistol up to 500S&W but it must be a pistol. no carbines.

The Target http://www.mytargets.com/Target2.pdf
The target attached to this post just needs to be printed full-size on 8.5x11 paper.(regular printer paper)

Distance; 10 yrds.

Shots; 10per target.

Rules: This is a free hand /non-supported challenge. You get 12 shots per page, 3 shots per target.(there's 4 targets on one page)
The only restriction on ammo is no shot shells other than that use any type of ammo you wish.

Scoring: simular to last time, you get 10 shots target/sheet of paper. If the bullet touches the outer line and/or the outer ring the score is 7, if the bullet touches the second line and/or the second ring the score is 8, and if the bullet touches the third ring or the "black circle" the score is 9, and if the bullet touches the inner circle its 10 for a top score of 100 for each target.
The lines just need to be broken, not cleared.

Entering your target:For anyone to enter the challenge we have 2 ways to enter.(1) just take a picture of your target ( or scan it) and upload it to photobucket.com. Then copy and paste the image code in your reply to this thread. You should also include the type of pistol and caliber used. OR (2) Take a video of you shooting your target, making sure to get a close up of the target it self once your done. Again you should include the type of pistol and caliber used. Then upload your video to youtube.com and copy and paste the link in your reply.

Here is the link for the official HPFF sticky on how to post pictures. http://www.hipointfirearmsforums.com/Forum/index.php/topic,450.0.html

Remember everyone this is just a friendly challenge where everyone from new shooters to the elite can participate. This challenge is designed to expand your knowledge of marksmanship, Learn a trick from others or give some tip's to those having trouble, and most of all to have fun shooting with friends from all over the country!

If there is any confusion on how to enter a target, rules, or anything else. Feel free to send me a PM and I will try to get back to you as quickly as possible.

Since there is no way to ensure everyone plays fair we must rely on you to be fair and remember if you cheat you're only cheating yourself. So guy's lets keep it clean and have fun.

Also remember, the rules of conduct of the HPFF apply to this challenge(See rules here: http://www.hipointfirearmsforums.com/Forum/index.php/board,48.0.html).
Please Just Don't Violate The Rules.

Good luck to all and remember safety first.

" I anit gonna shoot no one and no one shoots at me cause I gotta gun" steve lee

DISCLAIMER; Hi point firearms can be habit forming, Hi point firearms may cause; hatred from fellow shooters (who dont own a hi point), random outburst of happiness after firing a full mag, and loss of bowel functions to anyone standing on the wrong end one. Do not use heavy machinery when using a hi point, or WWB ammo. If your cycling live rounds thru your hi point talk to your closest moderator.

Use hi point firearms for a good nights sleep

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2011, 02:41 AM   #2
justdubit

Default Re: April Pistol Challenge!!!

I'm assuming 12 shots per target is the rule, but 10 is listed a couple times...

Edit... After looking at the target selected, maybe you do mean 10 shots. The rules line says 3 shots per target, but only one target is on the page...

I like the smell of gun powder, fire works, gasoline, and matches. How has that not gotten me in trouble?

"Make 'em safe and let 'em hang"

Old 04-02-2011, 03:27 PM   #3
packa123

Am I assuming that by freehand you mean one handed, not using the second hand to grip the pistol? Or are you just meaning no other support but your own hands?

Pack

Smile

http://www.diabetesdonations.org
Helping those that need the help.

Old 04-02-2011, 03:58 PM   #4
radair08

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

As a way to acknowlege the winner's of last month's shooting competition, the staff has decided that the winner of each month's competition will get a custom Marksman title displayed with their name. I've already added them to Ajole and Bentley as they were the two winners. Give them a hand and lets make this next month as successful as the last.

The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Courage isn't about not being scared. It's about being scared and doing it anyway.

It is better to be judged by 12 than carried by six.

"Right leg, hospital. Left leg, cemetery."- Cro Cop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley View Post
CroCopitateya- I don't want to say anything. Judging by all of the MMA stuff, he could probably kick my ass.

Old 04-02-2011, 10:16 PM   #5
officerfredrick

Sorry I made a typo :-[

Quote:

Shots; 10per target.

Rules: This is a free hand /non-supported challenge. You get 12 shots per page, 3 shots per target.(there's 4 targets on one page)
The only restriction on ammo is no shot shells other than that use any type of ammo you wish.
It's 10 shots per target this month

Oh and freehand/ non-supported means you can not rest the gun on anything. Now you could shoot one handed if you want more of a CHALLENGE ( pun intended) but thats not required.

As for the response's I have gotten about making a .22cal only pistol challenge. I dont know its not up to me,... but if the mods give the blessing and say its okay I say lets do it.

" I anit gonna shoot no one and no one shoots at me cause I gotta gun" steve lee

DISCLAIMER; Hi point firearms can be habit forming, Hi point firearms may cause; hatred from fellow shooters (who dont own a hi point), random outburst of happiness after firing a full mag, and loss of bowel functions to anyone standing on the wrong end one. Do not use heavy machinery when using a hi point, or WWB ammo. If your cycling live rounds thru your hi point talk to your closest moderator.

Use hi point firearms for a good nights sleep

Old 04-02-2011, 11:16 PM   #6
wrxty

I say .22's have their own class. The bigger calibers are at a disadvantage IMO.

Quote:

Quote:

Shots; 10per target.

Oh and freehand/ non-supported means you can not rest the gun on anything. Now you could shoot one handed if you want more of a CHALLENGE ( pun intended) but thats not required.

As for the response's I have gotten about making a .22cal only pistol challenge. I dont know its not up to me,... but if the mods give the blessing and say its okay I say lets do it.

By wrxty

By wrxty

Old 04-03-2011, 07:43 PM   #7
huber

Quote:

Quote:

Shots; 10per target.

Mother $*%*%*$($($* last month I thought when it said free hand it was one handed that's why I shot a 36!

Oh it's on this month lol

with Lone Wolf conversion barrel

Old 04-03-2011, 07:48 PM   #8
huber

Quote:
As a way to acknowlege the winner's of last month's shooting competition, the staff has decided that the winner of each month's competition will get a custom Marksman title displayed with their name. I've already added them to Ajole and Bentley as they were the two winners. Give them a hand and lets make this next month as successful as the last.
Love this idea! Very cool

On a side note anyone know about the carbine challenge????? I would be willing to run it if need be

with Lone Wolf conversion barrel

Old 04-03-2011, 08:53 PM   #9
OblivionNine

Liked 19 Times on 17 Posts

Or at least say 5 inch barrel or shorter.

Old 04-04-2011, 06:11 PM   #10
lklawson
HPF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Liked 2113 Times on 1407 Posts
Likes Given: 2373

Quote:

Quote:

Shots; 10per target.

Rules: This is a free hand /non-supported challenge. You get 12 shots per page, 3 shots per target.([size=14pt]there's 4 targets on one page[/size])
Am I missing something? I only see one target per page here.

So is this the right target? 10 shots per target/page at 30 feet (NRA rules)?

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
The Cheapskate's Guide to Gun Cleaning and Maintenance - "You shouldn't have to spend thousands of dollars on expensive gun cleaning and maintenance products. Find out how to save money with inexpensive alternatives that work just as well."

Quick Reply