Hipoint Firearms Forums > Other Topics of Interest > General Firearms Discussion > Beretta Neos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2011, 12:42 PM   #11
lklawson
HPF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Liked 2016 Times on 1340 Posts
Likes Given: 2251

Quote:
Originally Posted by fathergoat View Post
$40 to ship a gun to a store that it would probably go to anyway? it's still a good price but that is BS. the name gouger mountain still fits.
Yeah, I'm still pretty cheezed about that.

They're not going to be the first place I look for ANYTHING in the future.

I hate to say that they're "gouging" because, well, it's their prerogative to set shipping prices and I agreed to them, but I still feel ill used. But, yeah, shipping should be less than half of that. So, because I feel that Gander Mountain was taking advantage of me, I'll be shopping elsewhere in the future and Gander Mountain will be, at best, a last resort.

Take heed retailers: Treat your customers good and we'll be loyal. Take advantage of us and we'll flip you the bird.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
The Cheapskate's Guide to Gun Cleaning and Maintenance - "You shouldn't have to spend thousands of dollars on expensive gun cleaning and maintenance products. Find out how to save money with inexpensive alternatives that work just as well."

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2011, 12:44 PM   #12
lklawson
HPF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joystick View Post
Kirk,

Hope you get your Neos soon.

You will like it, except maybe for the trigger. That seems to be a crap shoot, no pun intended.

There are several fixes for it.
Greets. I hadn't read any reviews on crappy trigger. Any links for me?

Thanks.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
The Cheapskate's Guide to Gun Cleaning and Maintenance - "You shouldn't have to spend thousands of dollars on expensive gun cleaning and maintenance products. Find out how to save money with inexpensive alternatives that work just as well."

Old 11-29-2011, 11:02 PM   #13
45Man
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 30 Times on 26 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lklawson View Post
...Take heed retailers: Treat your customers good and we'll be loyal. Take advantage of us and we'll flip you the bird...
GM doesn't seem to care about their customers. Maybe they feel they have no competition? Don't really know how they stay in business. I go there to look around once in a while, since it's right next to Home Depot.

Hi-Point C-9 (2007)
SCCY CPX-2 2-Tone (2014)
Detonics ScoreMaster (1985), CombatMasters MC-1 (2007) & MkVII (1987)
Glock Model 21, 1st gen (1992), Alchemy Arms Custom Comp
Ruger Mk II - Gov't Target Model (1987)
S&W 22A-1 (2007)
Bushmaster AR15 Dissipator (1993)
CMMG .22 Evolution Sierra Dedicated Upper (2011) on New Frontier LW-15 Lower (2012)
Adams Arms, AR15 Gas Piston Mid-Length (2014)
Walther G22 (2006)
Baikal IZH 61 (2012)
Baikal IZH-53M (2012)
Beeman P17 (2012)
Daisy Powerline 953 (2013)

Old 11-30-2011, 01:28 PM   #14
lklawson
HPF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by 45Man View Post
GM doesn't seem to care about their customers. Maybe they feel they have no competition? Don't really know how they stay in business. I go there to look around once in a while, since it's right next to Home Depot.
I don't know what Gander Mountain's problem is. Dick's is less than half a mile away (though they have their problems too). There aren't any "Gun Shop" per se in Huber Heights itself but there are a few Pawn shops and Huber is, essentially a 'burb of Dayton. There are at least 3 LGS's in Vandalia, another 'burb, and a slew of Pawns all within 15 min. of Gander Mountain.

I don't know how they stay in business either, but they ain't gonna be doing it off of me.

On the plus side, my tracking number says that the NEOS is "out for delivery" this morning. I'll leave work a bit early and pick it up on the way home. I gotta go out to pick up some prescriptions anyway.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

Old 11-30-2011, 08:37 PM   #15
Joystick

Quote:
Originally Posted by duster066 View Post
Hey Joystick welcome to the forum from soaking wet WA.
Thanks, send some rain our way, we need it.

My trigger fix is still holding up well, I thought that the recoil may break loose the CA, but so far, so good. It sure did help my shooting.

Old 12-01-2011, 09:47 AM   #16
45Man

Liked 30 Times on 26 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lklawson View Post
I don't know how they stay in business either, but they ain't gonna be doing it off of me...
Me, either.
A few years ago, I bought a kayak there because it was really cheap & exactly what I was looking for. It was bad enough that I had to drag it up to the cash register & then no one even offered to help me carry it to the parking lot. Where the hell was the store manager? Asleep? Don't think I ever saw a store manager there. He must ride a desk in the back.
Now, I'm just trying to use up a store credit I have. Never bought the stuff there, so at least I feel I'm getting a bit even.
BTW, so they told me, they had so many thefts at the gun section, it's now all behind glass counters. No more customer handling of firearms without an employee present.

Old 12-06-2011, 03:07 PM   #17
lklawson
HPF_MODERATOR.png

Well, it came in. Haven't got to shoot it yet. The trigger seems a bit heavy but not bad but it's gritty as all get out. Feels like a gravel road in there. I am notoriously insensitive to "gritty" triggers. It's not that they aren't, it's just that I can't tell (or maybe just don't care). It might be that there's just no lube in the internals. I'll field strip it and lube it real well before I take it shooting.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

Old 12-06-2011, 03:10 PM   #18
lklawson
HPF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by 45Man View Post
BTW, so they told me, they had so many thefts at the gun section, it's now all behind glass counters. No more customer handling of firearms without an employee present.
It had been some time since I'd been in their store. Last time I was there, the rifles were all on racks with alarmed security tethers. Now, they're all behind a counter. I have no idea how people could make off with a full rifle after detaching it from an alarmed tether, but I guess someone figured it out.

All I can say is that Gander Mountain is good news for my LGS's.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

Old 08-14-2012, 10:41 PM   #19
Joystick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joystick View Post
Thanks, send some rain our way, we need it.

My trigger fix is still holding up well, I thought that the recoil may break loose the CA, but so far, so good. It sure did help my shooting.
After about 600 rounds, my fix had a problem. The shim broke loose and turned slighly sideways which caused a jam. The slide would not retract to the rear. Had to hold the gun on the side to get the jam cleared.

Solution, the edges of the shim need to be rounded slightly to prevent them from hanging up when the slide goes to the rear.

Quick Reply