Hipoint Firearms Forums > Other Topics of Interest > General Firearms Discussion > EAA WINDICATOR 2" .357 review

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2012, 12:29 AM   #1
OblivionNine
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 19 Times on 17 Posts

Default EAA WINDICATOR 2" .357 review

I got this gun new a couple months ago for $291 OTD. I was really hoping for a 4" bedside revolver with an exposed hammer for the wife to use. I wanted .357 so that I could use .38 +P without worry and also be able to load a magnum if needed.

All told I've put about 90 .38+p and 6 .357 magnum.

I love this gun. It's essentially the size of a K-frame and nicely weighted. My only other revolver experience was a Taurus 85 lightweight hidden hammer. I really liked how easily that revolver fit in the pocket...but I HATED shooting it. After about 5 rounds I was done. Long nasty heavy Trigger pull.

THE EAA has a wonderful trigger. It's grooved and after 50 rounds your finger may hurt if you only shoot DA. The DA pull is very nice and shorter than the Taurus I had. SA and you could shoot all day.

Decent HD accuracy with the 2" barrel. Having now had it awhile I'm glad I got stuck with the 2" because it fits in the bedside safe (cheap harbor freight thing) much easier.

Fired .357 for the first time today and loved it. A little louder, a little more flash, a little more muzzle flip, but not uncomfortable at all. This was outside and I would never want to shoot .357 inside at night and especially without hearing protection.

My plan is to find some non +P I will designate as the HD ammo for the wife and enjoy this gun at the range myself.

Absolutely fantastic price vs quality.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2012, 12:49 AM   #2
Raoul Duke

Liked 13 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Thanks for the review. I think you found the Hi-Point version of a revolver. I saw one at a store and besides the rough cut of the barrel she looked and felt real nice. Fire a box of 357 and let us know how she holds up. I want to like this gun but have been burned by cheap revolvers before. Again thanks for the post.

Old 08-12-2012, 02:02 PM   #3
monstar76

Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 11

I saw this gun at a new lgs in my area I really like the way it feels in my hand. I wanted to get it but I just bought 995ts so I'm gonna wait a lil while to get it

Old 08-13-2012, 09:02 PM   #4
duster066
HPF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 4 reviews

Liked 1298 Times on 923 Posts
Likes Given: 2009

Is it a Weihrauch revolver? It will say on that barrel. My SAA is a Weihrauch and it has been a solid gun for nearly thirty years. Nearly every round it's seen was 357 and a lot of 38+p in the last 3 years or so. I finally shot it loose but about a year and a half ago I was able to rebuild it using Colt parts, and it came right back to like new shooting condition. If it's a Weihrauch it is probably a better gun than it's association with EAA earns it.

"In order to finish first, first you must finish."
USAF, 1980-1988
http://www.oldwheelgunshop.com/index.html
http://www.facebook.com/pages/OWGS/470902946300089

Old 08-14-2012, 01:22 AM   #5
Bitsman
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 330 Times on 272 Posts
Likes Given: 148

Read a few reviews of these.. Seem to be well made and certainly capable of performing their intended task... Currently I have a Rossi 461 357mag on layaway.. I know others may feel different, but I think wheel guns are more reliable then pistols..

"...Three days ago, I passed a truck that will haul that rig. You wanna get out of here? You talk to me..."
....Mad Max....

...." G@#dammit, I'd piss on a spark plug if I thought it'd do any good! ..."
...Can you name the movie?...

.."It is a pity that my collection of trophies contains not a single Russian."...
... Manfred Von Richthofen...(The Red Baron)...

duster066 Likes This 

Quick Reply