You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of Hipointfirearmsforums.com    

Hipoint Firearms Forums > Other Topics of Interest > General Firearms Discussion > How much is a Tec 9 worth?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2012, 02:56 PM   #1
Quane_Suikoden
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 33 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Default How much is a Tec 9 worth?

My friend from work has a Tec 9 for sale, made by Intratec, he says it's the pre ban one with a 32 round mag that he wants to get rid of because he has no use for it (he's an older guy so more into rifles) and he said he'd sell it to me for like $200. I wouldn't actually keep it if I bought it. I would either use it as a trade for something else or to sell if it is worth a little bit. If so I would tell him that is what I planned on doing. I wouldn't buy it and have him think it's for me to use only to sell it. My question is how much is this thing worth? Also how do I tell if it actually is pre ban (what exactly does that mean? What changed after the ban?) and what other specifics of it could change the value? Different styles, etc?

Last edited by Quane_Suikoden; 08-14-2012 at 02:58 PM.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2012, 04:58 PM   #2
Bitsman
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 332 Times on 274 Posts
Likes Given: 148

Pre-ban ones go for twice that down here.. $200 is a good price... The market for these is kinda small.. I see it only getting smaller as more and more states pass mag capacity laws...

"...Three days ago, I passed a truck that will haul that rig. You wanna get out of here? You talk to me..."
....Mad Max....

...." G@#dammit, I'd piss on a spark plug if I thought it'd do any good! ..."
...Can you name the movie?...

.."It is a pity that my collection of trophies contains not a single Russian."...
... Manfred Von Richthofen...(The Red Baron)...

Old 08-15-2012, 12:02 AM   #3
Slimshady

Liked 407 Times on 309 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Pre ban means the bbl is threaded to accept a suppressor or bbl extension. Rather course 3/4"-10 threads, they are hard to miss. I believe they also renamed it the AB10 after the ban as the TEC-9 was one of the guns actually named in the law. They also removed the ventilated bbl shroud as a weight saving measure during the ban. The ban had a weight limit on semi auto handguns. The factory mags work OK with FMJ, and usually gag with HP. Aftermarket mags gag on everything.

Old 12-04-2012, 04:58 AM   #4
airdreams1

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

actualy the ban made the barrel shrouds illegal as well as the hicap mags.....

If you did get it & still have it, I may be interested in it if youll ship it to a FFL dealer...

Old 12-04-2012, 05:04 AM   #5
airdreams1

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

The gun was banned by name in the 1994 Federal Assault Weapons Ban. California amended its 1989 Assault Weapons Control Act (AWCA) later in 1999, to ban firearms having features such as barrel shrouds. thats why the AB 10 no longer had one.... They also had to have the threaded barrel removed & hi cap mags were not alowed either..... (but they fit.)

If you got the Tec9 & still have it, I may be interested... Let me know.

Old 12-04-2012, 05:08 AM   #6
airdreams1

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

If you want all the info, read the history here. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TEC-9

Old 12-04-2012, 08:53 PM   #7
Quane_Suikoden

Liked 33 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by airdreams1 View Post
The gun was banned by name in the 1994 Federal Assault Weapons Ban. California amended its 1989 Assault Weapons Control Act (AWCA) later in 1999, to ban firearms having features such as barrel shrouds. thats why the AB 10 no longer had one.... They also had to have the threaded barrel removed & hi cap mags were not alowed either..... (but they fit.)

If you got the Tec9 & still have it, I may be interested... Let me know.
I didn't get it but I believe he still has it. I'd ship it to a FFL if you're interested. PM me to see if we can work out a price.

Eric

Old 12-05-2012, 09:01 PM   #8
FlashBang
HPF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1087 Times on 650 Posts
Likes Given: 1048

Have your friend cycle the action and see if it stays in the open bolt position when ready to fire. If it is an open bolt Tec-9 it is worth more then one that fires from a closed bolt.

Old 04-07-2013, 05:29 AM   #9
coltarms45

Default tec 9 for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by airdreams1 View Post
actualy the ban made the barrel shrouds illegal as well as the hicap mags.....

If you did get it & still have it, I may be interested in it if youll ship it to a FFL dealer...
Hey, I have one of these guns with 2 mags and a shrouded barrel extension plus the soft case and the hard case. no booklet. Looks new or at least 99%. Ive never shot it and got it in a trade back in the early 1990's. Ive never sold any of my inventory, but I found a 1897 Winchester Pump 12 ga. shotgun and would sell the Tec 9 if you or any of your friends are interested. I just joined this site 2 minutes ago. Mad Mike 317.775.2021 FFL only.

Old 04-07-2013, 06:14 AM   #10
coltarms45

Default Pre Ban Tec 9 for sale

i traded for mine back in 1989/1990. has two 32 round magazines and threaded barrel with the fake supressor, soft case, and hard case, no booklet. looks to be 99% and i dont think it has ever been fired. nice looking weapon if you are in to this type. must go thru FFL. e-mail if interested.

coltarms45@hotmail.com

Quick Reply