Free HPFF Decals for Helping out!
Hipoint Firearms Forums > Other Topics of Interest > General Firearms Discussion > Just right carbine in 45ACP

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2012, 01:37 AM   #1
gaweidert
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 14 Times on 11 Posts

Default Just right carbine in 45ACP

I recently purchased a Just Right carbine in 45 ACP. This model takes Glock magazines but for under $75 I can get a different mag well that would allow it to use 1911 magazines. It can be set up for left or right handed operation.

It handles like an AR. It is a blow back design and will not handle +P cartridges. Plus Glock mags are harder that heck to load to ful capacity. I solved that by getting an Uplula loader. I highly recommend this wonderous little invention. You also have to modify the spring in the Glock mags to insure reliable feeding. This is not a big deal and expained on the Just Right web site.

My impressions. It is reliable and worked without a hitch with five different mags and four different kinds of ammunition. Privi Partizan ammunition is my favorite as is the cleanest burning ammo I have ever used. You get a lot of gasses in the face if you are a lefty and shoot it set up for right handed operation. Surprisingly this does not bother me as I am used to this from shooting my Civil War replica rifled musket. There is no last round hold open feature on the gun.

Because of the out gassing form the ejection port, eye protection is a must. I have just converted it to left hand operation to test reliability in that setup. I recently purchased a shell deflector like is used on an AR15 to see if that helps too.

Accuracy was the equal to my Hi-Point carbines. A least when shooting clays a 50 yards. I have not shot paper with any of my carbines. For sights I used a Barska Electro Sight and some inexpensive Command Arms Accessories that I go from cheaper Than Dirt. I have also installed a spare front grip that I had laying around.

The carbine gets pretty dirty pretty quick. I would not want to go 1,000 round between cleaning. Especially shooting most of the ammunition that is around. Cleaning is a bit strange as you have to remove the stock to have access to the bolt assembly. It removes like a standard AR stock. The rifle is solid, well built and came well finished. I would also be careful on your first disassembly. Nothing hard, but it make reassembly easier. There is a nice video on their site describing how to do this. You can also purchase a kit to convert the carbine to 9mm or 40 S&W if you like.

All in all I am happy with the gun. Pretty ergonomic. Operates like an AR. It is made near where I live and this is a feature that helped drive my decision. One other nice feature is lack of cheek slap. A lot more face friendly on a cold day than my Hi-Point carbines.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2012, 01:56 AM   #2
Ranger-6
HPF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 455 Times on 310 Posts
Likes Given: 1607

Just Right Carbines' carbines are feature Mossberg "Tri-Flatted" 16¼-inch barrels, have 6061-grade anodized aluminum receivers, a collapsed length of 33 inches, and a weight of six pounds.

Retail for $600.00

http://www.guns.com/just-right-carbines-newest-45-acp-rifles-that-use-glock-or-1911-magazines.html

Learning through experience can be deadly...

Old 02-01-2012, 03:32 AM   #3
Bitsman
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 330 Times on 272 Posts
Likes Given: 148

Very nice looking carbine.. Seems a little pricey though..

Old 02-01-2012, 01:22 PM   #4
Branth
HPF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 242 Times on 191 Posts
Likes Given: 495

Especially considering your gripes - Mags need to be modified, fouls quickly, no +p rating, messy gas blowback...

-DPMS Lo-Pro Classic AR-15
-Hi-Point C9

The enemy of my enemy is my friend, until my enemy is dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 47_MasoN_47 View Post
Man, if it wasn't for having to freaking eat, I'd have a ton more guns.
I'm so hardcore, I carry 2 in the chamber!

Old 02-01-2012, 07:32 PM   #5
gaweidert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Branth View Post
Especially considering your gripes - Mags need to be modified, fouls quickly, no +p rating, messy gas blowback...
Well, the mod to the mag spring is simple and quick. Did 4 in about 5 minutes. It simply puts more pressure on the rear of the follower than the front. Quite frankly it doesn't need to be cleaned more than any pistol using a blow back design. Plus with Privi Partizan ammunition cleaning is even easier.

I prefer to keep my firearms clean so I clean them after each outing or so. Serves two purposes. Keeps weapon ready to go and wife think I am actually busy doing something so no new Honeydoos.

All in all I am pleased with my purchase. I am also happy with my Hi-Point carbines. Much more stable rail system than on the Hi-Point and no cheek slap.

Old 02-01-2012, 07:53 PM   #6
dodge
Hi Point Fanatic
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 147 Times on 130 Posts
Likes Given: 153

+tons no uplula loader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger-6 View Post
Just Right Carbines' carbines are feature Mossberg "Tri-Flatted" 16¼-inch barrels, have 6061-grade anodized aluminum receivers, a collapsed length of 33 inches, and a weight of six pounds.

Retail for $600.00.........
after reading the 'negative' issues ie. getting dirty & not handling +p
my 1st thought, was why??.... then looked @ some captures....

really nice set up out of the box
congrats, on getting another kewl rifle

"...can't stop stupid sir, i can only slow it down...."

)))NRA Member For Life(((

Old 02-02-2012, 10:21 AM   #7
chuddly

no thanks....not for me. For $500-600 you can build a AR-15 in 223. or for about $150 more you can have it built and then shoot a longer range round and not have ANY of the issues you just brought up.

And yes you can build an AR-15 for that price.

Old 02-02-2012, 12:53 PM   #8
kalboy

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Nowadays you can buy a factory produced AR-15 for just at $600, DPMS with 2 mags and hardcase.

Old 02-02-2012, 01:34 PM   #9
gaweidert

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalboy View Post
Nowadays you can buy a factory produced AR-15 for just at $600, DPMS with 2 mags and hardcase.
True, but I already have a few AR's laying around the house. One of the rewards for paying off your mortgage and fledging the kids is having some mad money once in awhile. I recently sold off my run of the mill Mausers and some of that money went into the Just Right Carbine.

Old 02-02-2012, 01:51 PM   #10
chuddly

I dont blame you then....if you already have the other then why not.

Quick Reply