You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of Hipointfirearmsforums.com    

Hipoint Firearms Forums > Other Topics of Interest > General Firearms Discussion > level of difficulty in converting a PPs-43c to 9mm???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2012, 11:40 PM   #1
jbopos1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 50 Times on 38 Posts
Likes Given: 201

Default level of difficulty in converting a PPs-43c to 9mm???

whatsup guys. well i have a question. here in the next couple weeks im planning on ordering 2 9mm firearms. a m31 carbine and matching tanker pistol. i also have a C9. and my gf is wanting a 9mm pistol for her personal use.

sometime b4 Christmas i am planning on ordering a pps43c. now the 43 is chambered for 7.62x25. but ive been seeing 9mm conversion barrels and things for it. and ppl who have converted them to 9mm. so its possible and as u can see.. i have a 9mm pistol and then fixing to aquire 2 more 9mm firearms. so it would just make sense to convert the 43 to 9mm. PLUS 7.62x25 ammo is nearly impossible to find. but 9mm is everywhere.

so my question is.. does any1 have experience with this.. or any information regarding this. what parts would be required for conversion????? from what i understand.. mags should work fine.. so im wondering if its just the barrel to change? or reciever and bolt also? or what. how much more would it cost me to convert??? any help would be awesome! thanks guys

seriously want this gun.. but it wont be any good if i cant even find ammo for it. it would definitly be MUCH MORE USEFUL if it can be converted. and then i could just stock up on 9mm to feed approximately 4-5 firearms

here is a pic of the pps-43c

shg-pps43c.jpg  

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-03-2012, 12:35 AM   #2
AllOutOfAmmo
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 1023 Times on 798 Posts
Likes Given: 244

Just build it in 7.62x25 and then give it to me.

You think you can phase me? Oh no! A Phaser!

GREG!
[ 7.62 X 54R>

BRING BACK TALON NOW! SCREW THE HATERS!

Old 10-03-2012, 12:38 AM   #3
jbopos1

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllOutOfAmmo View Post
Just build it in 7.62x25 and then give it to me.
haha well i can get it in 7.61x25.. if i could find a good source for 7.62x25 i would just consider gettin it and keeping it that way. but since that seems to be a hard round to find... it just seems a 9mm conversion would be pretty wise for the future

Old 10-03-2012, 12:59 AM   #4
AllOutOfAmmo

There is still a little bit of surplus floating around out there, though it's quite pricey, J&G has some Polish, which is by far the best surplus I've used, Wolf has it in their Gold line, Prvi makes it and I think S&B does too. I believe Winchester has it in their metric calibers. Theres even quality hollow points out there. So 7.62x25 is available, not as cheap as 9mm for new factory but not way expensive either.

GREG!
[ 7.62 X 54R>

Old 10-03-2012, 01:10 AM   #5
jbopos1

Quote:
There is still a little bit of surplus floating around out there, though it's quite pricey, J&G has some Polish, which is by far the best surplus I've used, Wolf has it in their Gold line, Prvi makes it and I think S&B does too. I believe Winchester has it in their metric calibers. Theres even quality hollow points out there. So 7.62x25 is available, not as cheap as 9mm for new factory but not way expensive either.
what is a good source you would recommend???? ive tried my normal sites and every time they are sold out.. just so i can scan sum prices..

Old 10-03-2012, 01:14 AM   #6
AllOutOfAmmo

jgsales.com has surplus and wolf, may have some others, cheaperthandirt.com has some different varieties, I used to just use google shopping to look ammo up, but google said screw the gun owning community and blocked us. Check sportsman guide too, just dig around the sites and you'll find some.

GREG!
[ 7.62 X 54R>

Old 10-03-2012, 01:30 AM   #7
jbopos1

yeah now im seeein some that i guess i overlooked before. sounds like u own something that shoots the 7x25 round. what firearm do u use it in and how do the ballistics of that round compare to 9mm. im assuming its a faster round?? guess i could do a little research of my own. but hearing first hand experience is good. let me know.

aalso another reason i like the option of convertin to 9mm.. is.. well as i said. if i grab up the suomis im plannin on buyin for myself.. theyll be 9mm and so ill have 3 9mm firearearms. then my gf is wanting a 9mm handgun.. so thatd make 4. and if i could convert this.. than i could have 5 firearms sharing the same ammo.. logistically that makes sense.. stock up on 9 and use it as needed.

but if i could get away with keepin it 7.62x25 for a while.. shoot it up until i figure out the whole conversion deal

Old 10-03-2012, 01:41 AM   #8
Dane
HPF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 60 Times on 52 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I have never heard of a conversion available. Keep us informed.

Have you tried here for ammo info? http://gun-deals.com/ammo.php?caliber=7.62x25

Old 10-03-2012, 01:43 AM   #9
AllOutOfAmmo

I have a Romanian TTC Tokarev pistol, and I absolutely love it, 7.62x25 is my favorite pistol caliber, I'm not a ballistic expert but I do know that it has screaming fast velocities and standard FMJ is capable of penetrating some light body armor and helmets. If you're looking to keep one caliber I would dig a little deeper and find more, but I think you'll like it in x25, and get to keep it original, then you'll have to buy a Tokarev to have another gun in the caliber lol. Plus somewhere out there is 9mm tokarev barrels that will feed from regular Tok mags.

GREG!
[ 7.62 X 54R>

Old 10-03-2012, 01:46 AM   #10
Dane
HPF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 60 Times on 52 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
I have a Romanian TTC Tokarev pistol, and I absolutely love it, 7.62x25 is my favorite pistol caliber, I'm not a ballistic expert but I do know that it has screaming fast velocities and standard FMJ is capable of penetrating some light body armor and helmets. If you're looking to keep one caliber I would dig a little deeper and find more, but I think you'll like it in x25, and get to keep it original, then you'll have to buy a Tokarev to have another gun in the caliber lol. Plus somewhere out there is 9mm tokarev barrels that will feed from regular Tok mags.
I picked up a 9mm barrel from Numerich.

Quick Reply