Hipoint Firearms Forums > Other Topics of Interest > General Firearms Discussion > Mauser HSc Super - Italian Police Surplus

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2010, 03:29 PM   #1
AJCaruso
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Mauser HSc Super - Italian Police Surplus

Went down to the fun store yesterday with the intentions of finding a backup piece for a wallet holdster setup.

I looked at:

Ruger LCP
Beretta Tomcat
Kahr .380
Taurus TCP
Kel-Tec P32

For the money, the Kel-Tec won, hands down. Its was priced at $279 made in the good ole USA

However - while looking at the tiny backups I saw an Italian Police Surplus Mauser HSc Super. Basically its an Italian made Walther. Started talking to the guy and he said they got about 10 of them and ever since they were flying out the door.

Its chambered in .380 and had a 13rd magazine. I decided to forgo the pocket piece and grab this beauty. There is a gun show coming to my town on Dec 18th and 19th so I'm sure I'll be able to pick up a C9 (Store that I went to only had the .40 and .45) and the Kel-Tec there. (Hopefully cheaper than the store)

Here's a pic. The gun is blued..that's just the flash from my crackberry. Now if I could only find some extra mags. Talk about an obscure gun!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2010, 09:16 PM   #2
wrxty

Default Re: Mauser HSc Super - Italian Police Surplus

Quote:
Went down to the fun store yesterday with the intentions of finding a backup piece for a wallet holdster setup.

I looked at:

Ruger LCP
Beretta Tomcat
Kahr .380
Taurus TCP
Kel-Tec P32

For the money, the Kel-Tec won, hands down. Its was priced at $279 made in the good ole USA

However - while looking at the tiny backups I saw an Italian Police Surplus Mauser HSc Super. Basically its an Italian made Walther. Started talking to the guy and he said they got about 10 of them and ever since they were flying out the door.

Its chambered in .380 and had a 13rd magazine. I decided to forgo the pocket piece and grab this beauty. There is a gun show coming to my town on Dec 18th and 19th so I'm sure I'll be able to pick up a C9 (Store that I went to only had the .40 and .45) and the Kel-Tec there. (Hopefully cheaper than the store)

Here's a pic. The gun is blued..that's just the flash from my crackberry. Now if I could only find some extra mags. Talk about an obscure gun!

Nice! That price on the p32 however is way high. I paid just over $200 for mine brand new.

By wrxty

By wrxty

Old 12-07-2010, 11:35 PM   #3
Viper

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

It still is a nice looking pistol.

"Son, we live in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Who's gonna do it? You?"

Mosin Nagants are like Happy Meal toys. You can call yourself a collector and leave them on the shelf in the plastic, but they are not much fun to play with.

Old 12-08-2010, 01:11 AM   #4
AJCaruso

Quote:
Nice! That price on the p32 however is way high. I paid just over $200 for mine brand new.
I thought so too..part of the reason I decided to wait for the gun show or order one online.

Quote:
It still is a nice looking pistol.
Thanks!

Field stripping isn't very difficult, especially being a European gun. However, it is VERY hard to get the barrel and spring to come out of the slide without a screwdriver.

When I first got the gun it was thirsty as heck. Sounded like metal on metal. Broke it down, lubed it up and went down to the range.

If you load the mag to capacity, the first round hangs up when you try to chamber a round. No need to load 13 rounds anyway...

It jammed about 3 times. (only once when I was shooting it. The other 2 times were from my wife limp-wristing it.) I attribute it to the gun being probably 20-25 years old and shot maybe 10 times. Put 100 rounds of magtech .380 ball through it.

All in all a nice gun for the price. Now if that gun show would get here so I could pick up my c9 and the p32.

Old 12-08-2010, 12:54 PM   #5
group17

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Great looking gun!
Saw one at my LGD and like you wondered were you could get parts and mags for it.

Old 12-08-2010, 01:47 PM   #6
AJCaruso

Quote:
Great looking gun!
Saw one at my LGD and like you wondered were you could get parts and mags for it.
They are out there...but man...it's like searching for the Holy Grail..

I saw a 13 round mag (Factory Orig) go for $130 on gun broker.

Yes, thats 1 (one) 13 (thirteen) round magazine for $130. I thought it was a misprint.

Old 12-08-2010, 02:26 PM   #7
KCjeff

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Definitely a sharp looking gun...but man if spare mags are that crazy I'd have to think twice.

Old 12-08-2010, 10:06 PM   #8
Silicon Wolverine

Liked 16 Times on 13 Posts

I once bought a 10 round "ban" mag for an HK P7A for over 200$. highest priced one ove ever seen was an 80 round experimental drum mag for an HK-91 that brought 13,000$ at auction.

SW

Old 12-08-2010, 10:29 PM   #9
AJCaruso

I poked around and found a 10 rounder for around $40.

Gonna wait for the gun show on the 18th (thought I hate dealing with most of those guys) to see what I can find.

Old 12-09-2010, 05:40 AM   #10
Mstr33t

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Send a message via Yahoo to Mstr33t

Cool pistol.

Quick Reply