Hipoint Firearms Forums > Other Topics of Interest > General Firearms Discussion > mossberg 715t magazine issue

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2013, 04:58 PM   #1
edwardk12687
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 21 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Default mossberg 715t magazine issue

i just bought this thing a few days ago took it all apart oiled it put it all back together and it wont load a round the round catches on the bolt see pic if i shake it around or wiggle the magazine a little bit the bolt will load the round and slid forward it ejects just fine just wont load. also when the mag is empty and you cock the bolt it wont close and catches on the red thingy (don't know what its called) and the bolt wont close all the way. any suggestions ? id hate to send the hole thing back to mossberg w.o having fired it once (edit: ive seen other issues with the mag but they seem to be related to not being able to load a full 25rds. having seen many issues on a round not loading anyone have a fix?

Last edited by edwardk12687; 02-23-2013 at 05:03 PM.
Ranger-6 Likes This 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-23-2013, 05:16 PM   #2
Ranger-6
HPF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 464 Times on 314 Posts
Likes Given: 1620

Load the magazine with 10 rounds for a while and break it in. I oiled my magazines before using them and gave them a good cleaning. The follower should be well cleaned and oiled. If you have a 702 magazine try it and see if it's a magazine issue.

The bolt should not go forward when an empty magazine is in the well because the follower stops the bolt from going forward. Pull the bolt back a little ways and push the charging handle in to keep the bolt locked back.

If the bolt won't go forward all the way then you may have a dirty gun or lack of oil. When I start experiencing the bolt not seating, I add oil. I usually add oil every 75 rounds and keep the chamber clean. I also run a bore brush when I add oil to clean the breach and ramp. The breach is a very small hole that needs cleaned of gunpowder residue, a lot.

I found the 715T does not run as well as the 702. But, if you keep the breach, chamber, and ramp clean and lubed the cycling will improve.

Learning through experience can be deadly...

Old 02-24-2013, 12:18 AM   #3
Yeoldetool

Liked 793 Times on 558 Posts
Likes Given: 904

Firearms education is a wonderful thing.

DO NOT DRY FIRE THIS GUN. Doing so, the firing pin will strike the rear of the chamber and create a burr, which will prevent chambering a round. This will happen with ANY rimfire gun.

You problem may be a stuck firing pin catching on the rim of the shell while the action is working. Please, do not try to chamber live ammuntion indoors if this is the case. Doing so can cause a slam-fire. Keep the muzzle pointed in a safe direction. Have the gun looked at by someone (gunsmith) or send it in for warranty work, if you don't know what to look for.

Firearms education is a wonderful thing.

"It isn't always being fast or even accurate that counts, it's being willing. I found out early that most men regardless of cause or need aren't willing. They blink an eye or draw a breath before they pull the trigger and I won't." - The Shootist (John Wayne)

"Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" - Patrick Henry

Old 02-24-2013, 01:33 AM   #4
WillWork4Ammo

Liked 158 Times on 111 Posts
Likes Given: 52

get some snap caps.
I use these in my .22LR.You can get them at Home Depot .#4 drywall anchors .Alot safer than using live rounds.

A Hi-Point at home is better than a Glock on layaway.

Originally Posted by cicpup
Hi-Points are like fat chicks. They'll eat whatever you feed them and bang whenever you want them to.

Last edited by WillWork4Ammo; 02-24-2013 at 01:51 AM.

Old 02-24-2013, 03:37 PM   #5
edwardk12687

Liked 21 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Ya I know I didnt have anything eles on hand or I would have we figured out the problem anyway and got it fixed as far as the mag goes its going back to mossy tmr for replacement

Quick Reply