You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of Hipointfirearmsforums.com    

Hipoint Firearms Forums > Other Topics of Interest > General Firearms Discussion >

Ruger Mark IV Safety Recall

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2017, 04:43 AM   #1
TNTRAILERTRASH
HPF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Liked 4558 Times on 3045 Posts
Likes Given: 4958

Default Ruger Mark IV Safety Recall

Sturm, Ruger & Company, Inc. (NYSE: RGR) announced that it is recalling all Mark IV™ pistols (including 22/45™ models) manufactured prior to June 1, 2017. Ruger recently discovered that the pistols have the potential to discharge unintentionally if the safety is not utilized correctly. In particular, if the trigger is pulled while the safety lever is midway between the "safe" and "fire" positions (that is, the safety is not fully engaged or fully disengaged), the pistol may not fire when the trigger is pulled. However, if the trigger is released and the safety lever is then moved from the mid position to the "fire" position, the pistol may fire at that time.

Although only a small percentage of Mark IV pistols appear to be affected and the Company is not aware of any injuries, Ruger is firmly committed to safety and would like to retrofit all potentially affected pistols with an updated safety mechanism.

As a responsible manufacturer, Ruger wants to make its customers aware of this FREE safety upgrade. All Mark IV pistols with serial numbers beginning with "401" (2017 models) or "WBR" (2016 models) are subject to the recall. Mark IV owners should visit the Mark IV Recall website at Ruger.com/MarkIVRecall to look up the serial number of their Mark IV and verify if it is subject to the recall, sign up for the recall, and obtain additional information.

The new parts are being built and Ruger will retrofit Mark IV pistols on a first-come, first-served basis. When Ruger is ready to retrofit a consumer's pistol, a prepaid USPS box with a shipping label and detailed packaging and shipping instructions will be sent to the consumer. The consumer should return only the grip frame assembly to Ruger. Ruger will install the updated safety mechanism, and return the grip frame assembly, free of charge. All retrofitted grip frame assemblies will be returned with a free magazine as a "thank you" for consumers' patience and cooperation. The Company will make every effort to return each pistol within one week of the day it arrives at Ruger.

Ruger strongly recommends that consumers not use their Mark IV pistols until the safety retrofit has been installed.

http://rangehot.com/safety-warning-recall-notice-ruger-mark-iv-pistols/#comments

Assistant director of the HPFF Alumin-notty

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-08-2017, 06:14 AM   #2
SavageGuy
HPF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 792 Times on 425 Posts
Likes Given: 1

https://ruger.com/dataProcess/markIVRecall/index.php?r=y

Old 06-08-2017, 07:58 AM   #3
undeRGRound
JACK the Mole... ;)
HPF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 18 reviews

Liked 13208 Times on 8790 Posts
Likes Given: 61693

Of course, I just got one of these... MkIV only I hope, I have a 22/45 Lite in the NRA Special Edition flavor, but it is a MkIII

Make MONIE$ with crypto-currencies!
This is the NEXT BIG THING, get in Early!
The Crypto-Mania is just starting <clicky :D

Old 06-08-2017, 01:04 PM   #4
lklawson
HPF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 5 reviews

Liked 12073 Times on 6792 Posts
Likes Given: 12972

Good on Ruger.

These things happen more often than most people realize. Ruger, in particular, seems to end up having a recall or soft recall of sem-auto pistols pretty regularly. They find something that slipped through design phase and they fix it.

I wonder if this is going to negatively impact the trigger pull?

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
The Cheapskate's Guide to Gun Cleaning and Maintenance - "You shouldn't have to spend thousands of dollars on expensive gun cleaning and maintenance products. Find out how to save money with inexpensive alternatives that work just as well."

“Now is the hand in his owne course more swifter then the foot or eye, therefore within distance the eye is deceived, & judgement is lost” - George Silver, Paradoxes of Defence, 1599

Old 06-08-2017, 03:30 PM   #5
rowiebowie
HPF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1996 Times on 952 Posts
Likes Given: 7441

Send a message via AIM to rowiebowie

Ruger screwed up by not sending Kirk a free version of the Mark IV during their testing period. They'd have known about it long before it went into production.

lklawson Likes This 
Old 06-09-2017, 02:40 AM   #6
MaryB
HPF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 4 reviews

Liked 4320 Times on 2382 Posts
Likes Given: 140

Forwarded to a friend who does a YT news program every day. She can pass it along to a lot of viewers.

Quick Reply