Hipoint Firearms Forums > Other Topics of Interest > General Firearms Discussion > Wally world , catalog, and gun layaway

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2012, 02:14 AM   #1
madscott
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Wally world , catalog, and gun layaway

I was at my local wal mart buying ammo, and couldn't find a clerk. A store manager happened by and offered to help. I remarked that Wal Mart would sell a lot more guns if they offered Lay away. The manager said they do have gun Layaway if you order out of the book.
I have never heard that before, so I wonder if anyone else has done this or knows anything about this. I really do not believe her, but, being a store manager she should know. My next step is to try them, but I am not order ready yet. so I am asking again if anyone has done this or knows of this.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-18-2012, 02:16 AM   #2
Altic sazquatch
The Chair-Crippler

Liked 37 Times on 30 Posts

My walmart doesnt even sell guns

Old 06-18-2012, 02:44 AM   #3
SteveC
HPF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 182 Times on 143 Posts
Likes Given: 207

News to me.

NRA Range Safety Officer
USPSA Range Officer

"Lead me not into temptation; I can find the way myself." .

Old 06-18-2012, 02:44 AM   #4
OblivionNine

Liked 19 Times on 17 Posts

Lay away is cool at a pawn shop where something AWESOME used comes in and you don't want to miss it. Not sure about ordering from a catalog...couldn't you save up the money and when you had enough then order it from wherever you wanted? Although I guess if Walmart has access to good stuff and not the weird versions of guns they seem to get.

Old 06-18-2012, 03:13 AM   #5
ReDaCTeD
Polymer Extrusionist
HPF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 127 Times on 100 Posts
Likes Given: 332

Send a message via Yahoo to ReDaCTeD

Quote:
Originally Posted by madscott View Post
I really do not believe her, but, being a store manager she should know.
I find store manager's at Wal-Mart do not really know much about anything, much less about products.

Old 06-18-2012, 10:16 AM   #6
hipoint91

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 10

True a roony

Old 06-18-2012, 12:08 PM   #7
kalboy

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReDaCTeD View Post
I find store manager's at Wal-Mart do not really know much about anything, much less about products.

Maybe true they're ignorant of the guns but so what? The manager spoke about a store policy not a gun. They may not know firearms but likely do know the store's policy for selling them.

Old 06-18-2012, 12:50 PM   #8
Ranger-6
HPF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 464 Times on 314 Posts
Likes Given: 1620

If one looks at the gene pool Walmart hires it's a wonder they haven't gone bankrupt.

Old 06-18-2012, 01:37 PM   #9
Bitsman
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 330 Times on 272 Posts
Likes Given: 148

With the current backlog that most firearm manufacturers have I would not even consider ordering something out of a catalog.. They may list pretty much everything made, but what are the chances they will actually get the item in by the time you have finished paying for it. Wally World has to use the same distributors as the local pawn or LGS has to use for a given firearm in a given area.. If your LGS can not get it.. I would venture a guess and say that Wally World couldn't get it either. Yeah.. You may save a few $$$, but if you have to wait for 3 or 4 months AFTER you finished paying for your firearm to get it, I don't see the point..

"...Three days ago, I passed a truck that will haul that rig. You wanna get out of here? You talk to me..."
....Mad Max....

...." G@#dammit, I'd piss on a spark plug if I thought it'd do any good! ..."
...Can you name the movie?...

.."It is a pity that my collection of trophies contains not a single Russian."...
... Manfred Von Richthofen...(The Red Baron)...

Old 06-18-2012, 04:51 PM   #10
madscott

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitsman View Post
With the current backlog that most firearm manufacturers have I would not even consider ordering something out of a catalog.. They may list pretty much everything made, but what are the chances they will actually get the item in by the time you have finished paying for it. Wally World has to use the same distributors as the local pawn or LGS has to use for a given firearm in a given area.. If your LGS can not get it.. I would venture a guess and say that Wally World couldn't get it either. Yeah.. You may save a few $$$, but if you have to wait for 3 or 4 months AFTER you finished paying for your firearm to get it, I don't see the point..
Your probably right, but I use layaway some at the LGS/LPS . I also use Bud's gun shop layaway some as well. I could really see the disadvantages of Walmart layaway. Bud's or the LGS layaway locks in a price for that item and removes it from inventory so that item is virtually guaranteed. That is why I put items on Layaway, instead of saving as some has suggested.
But if the item is significantly cheaper, I might try the Wally world route. If I do, I will let everyone know how it works out. I am on my way there to talk to the girl that usually works that counter, see what shew has to say about it.

Quick Reply