Hipoint Firearms Forums > Other Topics of Interest > Curio & Relic Zone > Russian Mosin Nagant 7.62 x 54 rifle

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2010, 04:14 PM   #1
FTBoomer
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Send a message via AIM to FTBoomer Send a message via Yahoo to FTBoomer
Default Russian Mosin Nagant 7.62 x 54 rifle

Just got an email about this rifle. Is it any good? I have no rifles but want one? Thoughts?

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=411540201

Hi-Point C9
Hi-Point JHP 45 ACP
Rugar MKII .22LR
1928 Mosin Nagant 91\30 Tula Hex
1935\48 Mosin Nagant 91\30 Tula Hex MO
1934 Laminated izhevsk

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2010, 04:28 PM   #2
HiPoint45

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Default Re: Russian Mosin Nagant 7.62 x 54 rifle

Mosins are great, surplus ammo is cheap and plentiful at this point. However be aware that despite what the Buds ad says, this is hardly "factory new" lol These are 60+ year old russian surplus rifles and bore and other condition varies widely. They are excellent rifles though look in the C&R thread and you'll find tons of info about them. Heck it's practically a forum requirement for members to own a Mosin.

Old 12-05-2010, 04:32 PM   #3
danny

How does $79 sound? http://www.rguns.net/rifles/rifles-bolt.shtml scroll down a bit. Just bought one and can't find any signs of use.......all numbers matching.

Old 12-05-2010, 04:44 PM   #4
FTBoomer

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Send a message via AIM to FTBoomer Send a message via Yahoo to FTBoomer

Quote:
How does $79 sound? http://www.rguns.net/rifles/rifles-bolt.shtml scroll down a bit. Just bought one and can't find any signs of use.......all numbers matching.
Shipping puts this at +$8 though if they are all in as good a condition as you say, the extra $8 would be well worth it.

Can the be shipped direct or do they need to go through a dealer?

Hi-Point C9
Hi-Point JHP 45 ACP
Rugar MKII .22LR
1928 Mosin Nagant 91\30 Tula Hex
1935\48 Mosin Nagant 91\30 Tula Hex MO
1934 Laminated izhevsk

Old 12-05-2010, 05:44 PM   #5
bomber101581

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

www.classicarms.us is running a special right now, $69.95

Quote:
ROUND RECEIVER M91/30 RIFLES

EVERYBODY SEEMS TO LOVE OUR HEX RECEIVER M91/30 RIFLES. THEY ARE TOP QUALITY AND WE GET TONS OF GREAT FEEDBACK ON THEM. HOWEVER, LOTS OF FOLKS HAVE TOLD US THAT THEY JUST WANT A NICE ROUND RECEIVER SHOOTER AT A REALLY BARGAIN BASEMENT PRICE. WELL, YOUR WISH IS OUR COMMAND.
AS YOU CAN SEE ABOVE, WE JUST RECEIVED SOME REALLY TOP END ROUND RECEIVER M91/30 RIFLES. THESE ARE AWESOME. THEY ARE ALL FACTORY STAMPED SERIAL # ALTHOUGH THERE MAY BE SOME STRIKE THROUGHS AND FORCE MATCHES ON THE FLOORPLATES OR BUTTPLATES. ALL BOLTS MATCH HOWEVER AND THERE ARE ABSOLUTELY NO ELECTRO PENCILED #'S. EACH RIFLE COMES COMPLETE WITH A MATCHING # BAYONET, DOG COLLAR SLING, AMMO POUCH AND OTHER ACCESSORIES. BEST PRICE IN THE U.S. HURRY.
YOUR CHOICE OF TULA OR ISHEVSK....DON'T MISS THESE....ITEM # M-91/30
-
IZZY ROUND RECEIVER....$69.95 ---------- TULA ROUND RECEIVER....$79.95

Old 12-05-2010, 06:11 PM   #6
Dalem

Just bought one of the $69.00 from Classic Friday and should have it sometime this week.....I'll post some pic's as soon as I get it.

Hi Point C9 9MM
Hi Point .45 ACP
Hi Point 995TSFG
Browning Buck Mark Challenge .22
Kel Tec P-11
Remington Nylon 66 Apache Black
Stevens Model 311C 12 Gauge Double Barrel
1895 Nagant Revolver 7.62 Nagant
91/30 1942 Izzy X-2
CZ52 7.62 X 25

Old 12-05-2010, 07:16 PM   #7
rotten

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

FT BOOMER Mosins are a good buy as long as you watch who you're buying from. They are for sale everywhere you go, some vendors and gun shop owner seem to think what they have is made of gold. A 100 bucks is the the most I personally would pay. Just check your bore if you buy locally. AIM,SOG and numerous others sell on line. Ammo is cheap it varies from Russian, Czech, and Polish. By the box or spam can. I don't think you can go wrong. If you have questions there is also a lot of knowledge here and on the web. It never hurts to study. MERRY CHRISTMAS FT!!

P.S. I have personally found the mineral spirits is about the best thing for cosmoline removal. Mine was technically clean when I got it. Pulled it apart it was packed with all types of crap. Soaked the receiver and disasembeled bolt for two days, blew it out wiped it down. If you have question about the bolt and rifle YOUTUBE is a great source of info.

Old 12-05-2010, 09:44 PM   #8
ajole
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 3967 Times on 2800 Posts
Likes Given: 3568

They can ship directly to you if you have a C&R license, otherwise, they need to go to an FFL dealer, and then you do what paperwork or checks your state requires to get the gun from him. My FFL charges me $25, some are less, some are more.

He who smiles last....

......................thinks slowest.

Q

Not anything to do with me,...but SWAGA referred me to it...and it is pretty funny: The Ballad of Ajole
17 HP's and counting.

Old 12-05-2010, 09:54 PM   #9
writerinmo

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

I bought the Tula round receiver 91/30 from Classic and have to say it is immaculate, the bore is pristine and slugged out at .311 so excellent shape, stock had no repairs and it came with all accessories. I have a C&R so it was shipped to my house, $96 total and three days after ordering. It's a great shooter too, ammo is available locally to me too.

It does have a good kick to it, I put a rubber "wuss pad" on it before shooting it which made it very manageable and fun to shoot. I shot a 50 yard group that was probably no larger than 3" the first time out, sure it will get better as I shoot it more and get used to the rifle.

I buy from Classic just because I can specify which arsenal and type of receiver I am buying, plus right now their 'value priced" Mosin's are the best price I have found, even buying locally. Mine had all numbers but one matching, the floorplate of the mag was force matched, but I was looking for a shooter, not a pristine collector, since I shoot all my guns!

http://elby.yolasite.com/ mosin sight tools

“There are currently 37/38 states that are currently “shall issue” states. They also said they saw reductions in their violent crime rates, significant declines, because nobody wants to go duck hunting when five percent of the ducks can shoot back.”

Old 12-06-2010, 12:22 AM   #10
rotten

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

writerinmo, just visited the Classic web sight I'm really impressed. How long have you been doing business with them?? They seem to be really customer driven.

Quick Reply