You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of Hipointfirearmsforums.com    

Hipoint Firearms Forums > Other Topics of Interest > HPFF Comedy > You Might Be A GUN NUT if........

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2011, 09:07 AM   #1
TacticalJHP
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 12 Times on 3 Posts

Default You Might Be A GUN NUT if........

-----you have ever loaded a drawer up with so much ammo that you can't open it

-----when someone asks how many guns you have, and it takes you five minutes to count them all.

-----you have ever bought ammo in a caliber that none of your guns fire

-----the guns you took to the range cost more then your car

-----you carry a different gun every day of the week

-----whenever you can't decide which gun to get, you get both

-----you get your wife/girlfriend to wear Hoppes 9 instead of her usual perfume.

-----you take so many guns to the range and don't shoot half of them.

-----you have an extra room in your house just for ammo and guns.

-----your home page is set to a firearms related webpage.

-----you count the number of bullets that people shoot in a movie and then scream a top of your lungs BULL****!!! when a guy using a revover mows down a battalion of criminals without reloading.

--- you know more about the Constitution than your lawyer.

--- your wife leaves you and you don't mind. Your dog gets run over by a truck and you barely flinch. But you accidentally drop your favorite gun, gets scratched and you cry a river.

---- if you ever thought to do your own "Gun Buy-Back" program. Let's face it, even a Saturday Night Special for a $20 Blockbuster Gift Card is a good deal.

---- if you have more holster than Imelda Marcos had shoes.

---- if you never stop looking for pre-ban hi-cap magazines... even in a supermarket.

-----if you can field strip any firearm you own hanging upside down and blindfolded

-----if you have ever bought a gun to fill an old holster someone gave you. (So many times I can no longer count 'em.)

---- if you have ever bought a gun to shoot up a half-filled 20-round box of ammo someone gave you, because you didn't have a rifle in that caliber yet. Ditto for when someone gives you an old set of reloading dies in some obscure caliber.

-----if you have ever accidentally run a pocket pistol through the wash and spin cycles, still in your pants pocket.

----- if you do not own a single fabric-based item (clothing, bags or suitcases) that does NOT set off the explosives trace detector at the airport.

-----if you have ever bought a gun that is identical to TWO you already own, because the first two are out-of-production NIB examples and you can't bring yourself to shoot them.

-----When buying something with pocket change, you have to pick the dimes and quarters out of a handful of loose ammo.

-----if you regularly find guns around the house and in far corners of the safe that you have no memory of buying ... and such discoveries no longer surprise you.

-----if you have ever busted a spring on your car from piling too much ammo in the trunk on the way to a shoot.

-----For you NFA junkies: You know the birthday of your ATF examiner, even though you can't remember your wife's.

-----if you have ever researched a firearm you own to find out the date it was manufactured ... and then thrown a birthday party for it.

-----if you go to WalMart for back-to-school supplies, then must explain to your wife why that includes 1k of 9mm Win white box.

-----if your dog is "Dog" and your cat is "Cat," but each of your guns has a name. (Well, at least the guns you're closest to -- ya know, the ones you've bonded with.)

-----when you say "Damn ! That is a sexy looking piece!", your wife knows you are not looking at another woman.
(Ask TacticalCF380 about this one, lol)

----- whenever you see a story on TV about a gator spotted in a neighborhood, you think "Crap, there goes another target of opportunity."

----- if your AR, after installing all the new gadgets, now weighs more than a FAL.

----- if any time a weather person on TV gives the latest update on the hurricane du jour, you wonder if you have enough ammo.

---- if your hurricane panels have shooting ports.

-----if you have to have additional homeowner's insurance specifically for firearms.

-----if the cops have ever called Homeland Security after pulling you over

-----if you have ever carried more then two guns at once

-----when the local gunshop needs an obscure magazine, they call you

-----when you call your local rep's office, the guy who answers groans and says "I'll tell him again not to vote for AWB" as soon as he hears your name

-----if you have more holsters then pants

-----if the movers all groan when they see your gun-safe

-----if you spend half an hour complaining about how the good guy in the movie killed 20 bad guys firing full-auto from the hip

-----if your spend another half an hour explaining how the movie would have been over in 10 minutes if any of the bad guys victims had a gun

-----if you regularly just sit and stare at your guns for a while, and the rest of your family doesn't find this strange

-----if you reach into your pocket for change at the local 7-11 and pull out loose ammo along with your change.

-----if the guy working at the 7-11 knows you and isn't surprised.

-----if you have a poster of Burt Gummer holding an 8 bore rifle. ("Guess you broke into the wrong *** damn rec room, didn't ya!")

-----if you can actually take a nap in a gun range.

-----if you felt a knot in your stomach when they showed US Soldiers destroying a cache of brand spanking new AK-74 on the news.

-----if you considered that the cheaply goldplated HK MP-5 was reason enough to oust Hussein.

-----When you mount a bipod, bayonet and flash suppressor to your N.A.A. 22 MINI MAG

------If you do a complete breakdown of all your weapons just to stay in practice - "especially if you haven't made it to the range lately"

------if you find more .22LR than loose change when you clean out your car.

------if your nightstand is stacked with gun rags and firearm technical and reloading manuals.

------if you build a portable reloading system so you can reload in the family room and not miss your favorite tv-show.

----if the local SWAT teams stop by your house for guns and ammo before heading out to the big bust.

I needed cheering up, and this did it!

"All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse, and a good wife."
Daniel Boone

"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
-- Mohandas Gandhi

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."
-James Earl Jones

People Like This 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-06-2011, 09:59 AM   #2
tRavis

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Default Re: You Might Be A GUN NUT if........

Some of these "redflags" describe me perfectly, especially the spare change and movie refrences

Old 06-06-2011, 12:05 PM   #3
tRavis

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

And ever siince the" inland hurricane" that whacked southern illinois in 09 or the ice storm that got the central part in 06 I hear bad weather I start reloading my extra mags and check the battery in my 995's tac light so you're open to make one for that.

Also: ....... if there's a loud series of pops outside of your house that" just don't sound like fireworks", you dive for a gun before you look outside

.....if you hear gunshots in the distance and your initial reaction is to try and figure out what caliber that just was instead of worrying

Old 06-06-2011, 02:13 PM   #4
SamStafford

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Good ones! I can relate to some of those. Heh!

What? Me worry?
Hi-Point C-9
Hi-Point Classic 995
Hi-Point 995TS

madyarddog561371 Likes This 
Old 06-06-2011, 05:49 PM   #5
TacticalJHP

Quote:
And ever siince the" inland hurricane" that whacked southern illinois in 09 or the ice storm that got the central part in 06 I hear bad weather I start reloading my extra mags and check the battery in my 995's tac light so you're open to make one for that.

Also: ....... if there's a loud series of pops outside of your house that" just don't sound like fireworks", you dive for a gun before you look outside

.....if you hear gunshots in the distance and your initial reaction is to try and figure out what caliber that just was instead of worrying
Around here, no one notices shots in the distance. not even the police. I usually determine from the noise if it was a rifle, pistol, shotgun, or "other".

Daniel Boone

"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
-- Mohandas Gandhi

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."
-James Earl Jones

Dkelly2 Likes This 
Old 06-07-2011, 12:17 PM   #6
TacticalCF380

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Your cat or dog might be a gun nut if.........

...they run to the gun room when they hear horses on the road.

...they work on your guns with you

...they love to play with live and shoot rounds to the many 12 gauges you own

"A man who is good enough to shed his blood for his country is good enough to be given a square deal afterwards." - Theodore Roosevelt

People Like This 
Old 06-08-2011, 01:53 AM   #7
lost_reaver

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
-----if you have a poster of Burt Gummer holding an 8 bore rifle. ("Guess you broke into the wrong *** damn rec room, didn't ya!")
Wow now I really need to dig up my Tremors DVD. (Yes I know its sad that I have it on DVD).

Mine:

Hers:
Beretta U22 Neos
Marlin 795

cpericak Likes This 
Old 06-09-2011, 10:01 AM   #8
garim

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

:laugh: Hilarious!

The UN is coming! The UN is coming! Don't fire until you see the blue of their helmets!

HP JHP .45 ACP
HP C9 9mm Luger/9X19mm
Savage 64F .22LR
And a cat (the cat is always loaded)

aznewguy Likes This 
Old 06-09-2011, 07:11 PM   #9
TacticalJHP

Quote:
Quote:
Wow now I really need to dig up my Tremors DVD. (Yes I know its sad that I have it on DVD).
Why is that sad? I have the first three.

My wife's mom calls me Burt......

Daniel Boone

-- Mohandas Gandhi

-James Earl Jones

Old 06-09-2011, 08:32 PM   #10
TacticalCF380

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Why is that sad? I have the first three.

My wife's mom calls me Burt......
its not sad its just odd we love ya anyways lol

"A man who is good enough to shed his blood for his country is good enough to be given a square deal afterwards." - Theodore Roosevelt

Quick Reply