Hipoint Firearms Forums > Other Topics of Interest > CCW & Open Carry > What is your primary carry weapon?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2010, 02:32 PM   #1
bentley
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6 Times on 3 Posts

Default What is your primary carry weapon?

I am getting ready to start the process of getting my CCW. I do not currently own an appropriate carry weapon, my pistols are too big. I would like to hear what you guys carry and and any pros/cons that come with it, so i can begin to weigh my options. I am thinking of a Springfield XD .45. High capacity, high stopping power, BUT, .45 ammo is pretty scarce and or pretty pricey in my neck of the woods. I plan on practicing a lot so the ammo factor has me thinking something else.... Let me know what you guys think. ^-^

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2010, 02:55 PM   #2
Festus_Hagen

Default Re: What is your primary carry weapon?

The XD line is great. I daily carry my XDm 9mm in a crossbreed supertuck IWB holster. I also carry a Ruger LCP in my front right pocket. I do want an XD in .45, but they are gonna come out with a .45 XDm soon I hear.

Good luck and stay safe!

It is what it is.

Old 02-14-2010, 02:57 PM   #3
rammurph

Liked 3 Times on 1 Posts

I carry a kel-tec pf9 .It is light,thin easy to conceal. no safeties to manipulate and is accurate.

Give me liberty or give me death

People Like This 
Old 02-14-2010, 03:18 PM   #4
kevron2020

I carry kel tec p11.. 9mm just like the PF9, slightly bigger.. its .12" wider but has a higher mag capacity. People say it has wicked recoil.. I don't notice it, but I have not shot a "full size" pistol, just carry pistols. Kel Tec is a good brand, round $300 good warranty just like Hi Point

Old 02-14-2010, 03:30 PM   #5
Mike_AZ
U.S.S.

Liked 10 Times on 6 Posts

I carry a Taurus PT-145 either at 4 o'clock or SOB depending on what I a wearing.

Mike

"There is no sanctuary" -Logan5

Old 02-14-2010, 05:24 PM   #6
writerinmo

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Sigma SW40VE, they currently have a rebate going on for either two additional high-capacity mags or $50.00 back, that'll put you around $300.00 out the door. .40 caliber, 14+1 rounds. Double action only. 23.8 ounces. Crimson Trace is coming out with a killer laser for it next month for under $200.00. Carry OWB at 3:00 or IWB at 4:00 or shoulder holster.

http://elby.yolasite.com/ mosin sight tools

“There are currently 37/38 states that are currently “shall issue” states. They also said they saw reductions in their violent crime rates, significant declines, because nobody wants to go duck hunting when five percent of the ducks can shoot back.”

Old 02-14-2010, 06:29 PM   #7
rebel0994

Send a message via AIM to rebel0994 Send a message via Yahoo to rebel0994

I have 3 primary carry weapons, depending on what I'm wearing , and where I'm going. I have a Keltec P3AT in an Uncle Mikes pocket holster for church and other low risk social occasions. I use a Keltec PF9 in an uncle mikes pocket holster if my pants have large enough pockets or in IWB if they don't, for general carry. If i'm going to be in a risky part of town , or going to the big city, I carry a Kahr CW45 IWB.

HP995,
Hi Point 4095 Carbine User

"He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared.", Machiavelli
GeorgiaCarry.org Member

Old 02-14-2010, 06:35 PM   #8
wrxty

Quote:
I am getting ready to start the process of getting my CCW. I do not currently own an appropriate carry weapon, my pistols are too big. I would like to hear what you guys carry and and any pros/cons that come with it, so i can begin to weigh my options. I am thinking of a Springfield XD .45. High capacity, high stopping power, BUT, .45 ammo is pretty scarce and or pretty pricey in my neck of the woods. I plan on practicing a lot so the ammo factor has me thinking something else.... Let me know what you guys think. ^-^
I am in the same boat as you. My CC class is at the end of the month. All I had was a full size Beretta 92fs. I went shopping for a cc gun, I was first going for a keltec but after handling them and not being a fan of the trigger I decided on a Glock 19. It came down between the 19 and 26. Glocks are so light its amazing. The 19 fit my hand perfectly and is a compact pistol so I went that route. Id say the biggest thing is getting a good holster and gun belt.

By wrxty

By wrxty

Old 02-14-2010, 06:40 PM   #9
Nemo

I carry a Colt Diamondback .38 2.5in bbl. Gold Dot short barrel 135gr HP. IWB at base of spine. Fairly lite, easy to conceal, fits like it grew there and I am kinda partial to wheelguns. Reliable and hard hitting enough. Shoots like an extension of my hand and hits where I want it to.

Tarus makes a real nice snubbie and I think they have a 7shot, model 385 I think it is. Wont go wrong with a wheelgun.

Nemo

Old 02-14-2010, 06:46 PM   #10
SpecialK47150

Sig Sauer P245. I OC normally, but its easy to conceal with an IWB holster.

Quick Reply