Free HPFF Decals for Helping out!
Hipoint Firearms Forums > Archive > Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009) > Maverick Arms, Stallard, Iberia, Haskell, Hi Point info

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2008, 11:06 PM   #1
dougwtx
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Maverick Arms, Stallard, Iberia, Haskell, Hi Point info

Does anyone know the history of all the company name changes for Maverick Arms, Stallard, Iberia, Haskell, and how they became Hi Point? Are all the guns the same except for grip design? I know Maverick and Stallard made the JS-9 (now C9), Iberia made the .40S&W and Haskell made the .45ACP. Will the Hi Point lifetime warranty cover these other names? I just purchased NIB Maverick Arms JS-9 just to add to my collection because its a discontinued brand you don't see all the time.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-09-2008, 02:04 AM   #2
unscarred

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Default Re: Maverick Arms, Stallard, Iberia, Haskell, Hi Point info

I also have a maverick 9mm. I took it to a gun show about two years ago, and was offered $300.00 for it. First instinct was "show me the money". I decided to look into it. It seems there were not too many of these made. The Maverick was Mr. Deeb's very first design. I heard they had to change the name, due to Maverick was already taken by Mossberg. So I don't know if I passed up a deal or have a collectors item. I know I have never seen another, and can't find any info on them.

Old 12-14-2008, 04:40 AM   #3
jamephipp

I can tell you this I own a Maverack JS 9 and yes they are limited I have mine back into the factory for repair. As with all hi points they all are still lifetime warranty stallard, Maverick, and Hi point. All covered no questions and that's very nice.

Old 12-14-2008, 09:58 AM   #4
woodyubet

If you want the history of these companies, check with p7196. He is a stone cold expert on the HP brand and I trust his words................woody

Old 12-14-2008, 02:01 PM   #5
dougwtx

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Thanks everyone. I picked it up Fri evening and even my FFl doing the transfer had never seen or heard of it even though he was familiar with the current Hi Point guns. Good to know HP will honor the warranty no matter if it has HiPoint name on it or not.

Quick Reply