Hipoint Firearms Forums > Archive > Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009) > the problem with high point pistols

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2009, 12:01 AM   #1
9mmhighpoint

Default the problem with high point pistols

are the MAGS ... asked for the feed lip photo and miked 4 brand new mags none were even close to any of the specs.either new or improved and get this big difference in 10 rd vs 8 rd .frount of all 4 mags very tight if you all want to start a real thread of why highpoint has falures its the mags.the need to set a control jig to final process the mags . the numbers were all over the placs . brand new just out of the box.my old mag was closer.to the spec . could the new and improved spec be wrong does bee mill know somthing new? i dont know if they work but am suspect will try to try them out ..wanted to mesure right out of the box . if you want i might be able to scan the pages of # i have fyi.

Quick reply to this message
Old 02-23-2009, 12:16 AM   #2
Broomhead
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Re: the problem with high point pistols

I have tremendous trouble believing that everyone's, everyone's, problems, nationwide, stem from the mags and only the mags. I have a back up mag that I carry with me. It has always worked flawlessly. Last range trip I found out that the feed lips were crimped to the point that I had difficulty loading it. To my surprise all 10 rounds fired flawlessly, multiple times. The mag worked perfect during rapid fire, slow fire, even intentional limp-wristing. Regardless of how the feed lips measure, every one of my mags fire flawlessly. I have never modified a single feed lip, or fluffed and buffed the feed ramp, since I have owned my C9.

[size=12pt]"Welcome to Tennessee, the Patron State of shooting stuff." - Bob Lee Swagger, Shooter.[/size]
[size=12pt]"When the rich wage war it's the poor who die." - Jean-Paul Sartre (1905 - 1980).[/size]

Old 02-23-2009, 12:47 AM   #3
9mmhighpoint

yes i am ok with your assement . but i ordered 4 new mags ,because the one i had produced feed problems . so all of the mags are so totaly different you would not belive if i did not have to beg my wife to do computer s... i would post results .and will try a suck up to get them posted what i am trying to do is give us a way to make a go no guage llike p mag did or get b miller to do it at the factory. i will not debate this with anyone . to old and worn out. but the facts are well the facts!!

Old 02-23-2009, 01:01 AM   #4
bullseye

I am just going to say this..
I order two new mags 1 8 and 1 10 and brought them to the range with my other two older mags and had no feeding issues.

I feel some of the issues some maybe having and blaming it on mags maybe associated with limp wristing while firing.

And I am not just pointing a finger at the original poster here...but to all crying mag foul in the threads that keep popping up. Maybe I should send all my mags in and request bad ones i dunno lol

Maybe it is the ammo your using..try switching it up a little and see if that helps any.

Old 02-23-2009, 01:03 AM   #5
Broomhead

So...you posted it on a forum just to be right? By saying that you are not willing to debate it with anyone shows that you just want to be right.

Basically, for Hi-Point to further QC the mags, and make sure they measure precisely, they would have to higher more employees, or make/purchase another machine, to do this action. That would raise their production costs considerably. To the point that Hi-Points would no longer be inexpensive quality firearms. It would then put them on the same plane as Taurus, Springfield, and Ruger. They would no longer have their niche and could possibly end up bankrupt.

+100 Bullseye

[size=12pt]"Welcome to Tennessee, the Patron State of shooting stuff." - Bob Lee Swagger, Shooter.[/size]
[size=12pt]"When the rich wage war it's the poor who die." - Jean-Paul Sartre (1905 - 1980).[/size]

Old 02-23-2009, 01:04 AM   #6
MtMountains

Well My 9C came with an 8, I have purchased a new 8 and 2 new 10s in the last two weeks and I have yet to have a feed problem, so I would have to suspect something else is going on..

Dp

Retired United States Army - 26 years - O6

------------------------------------
HiPoint C9
1915 S&W .38 Police Special
Interarms Mark X .270
Winchester Model 70 .270
Remington Model 600 .308 (old Model)
Mossberg 500 12 gauge
Mossberg 500 410 gauge
Ruger 10/22
Marlin 336 30-30
Lyman Deer Stalker .50 Muzzle Loader

Old 02-23-2009, 01:20 AM   #7
9mmhighpoint

so why all these bs posts about mag lips and feed ramps than its all bs ..it works out of the box or it does not .i am ok with that . Hey neo weigh in on this will you you have the brains in this outfit.. btw i scaned and tryed to att the page of info and error 556 klbt to big whife shrunk to 400 somthing retried error said 256 too big so no numbers. i have no agenda .but find it hard to not find flaw with my new 9mmhp ftf .and i guess if ford chrysler or gm made sure air was in the tires it would make them to costlyt to buy. opps!!

Old 02-23-2009, 01:36 AM   #8
HP Cobra_Rich

Broomhead,
That's exactly what I wanted to say.
Maybe they pass the savings on to you by not QC ing the mags.For crying out loud..These are $ 160 guns.
They might need some work on your part.If they where flawless right out of the box..they could charge 500$(but I would not Guarantee the Quality even if it cost $500).
Check adjust the mag lips.After they are right..go on. Try different ammo.Polish the feed ramp.
Speaking of the feed ramp...Its the same principle..If they paid someone to polish them at the factory,It would cost more.
I really enjoyed doing both and it gave me a chance to take my gun apart and get real familiar with it.
Then the way I am ,I still would have taken a $700 gun apart and felt like a chump that I paid that much.
I figured if I screw it up,It only cost 160 dollars and I could send it back.

The difference between a Asian Lathe and a More expensive Asian lathe is you have to take it all apart,clean it ,debur it ,and put it back together and adjust it.

You get what you pay for.HP surely knows that.
Thanks Broomhead for getting me started. :angel:

Rich

Old 02-23-2009, 01:45 AM   #9
9mmhighpoint

mom says dont take it apart even for cleaning .and you want me to smith my feed ramps!!!! and vice grip my mags .guys like you make it hard with that logic,, to defend highpoint like i do,, often.to old for this .

Old 02-23-2009, 01:46 AM   #10
Broomhead

No, it is not BS that buffing the feed ramp may help your gun fire better faster, or that fixing the mag lips may help your gun stop malfunctioning. However, that should be a last ditch modification. For every member that has had mag lip problems, there are 5 or 10 more that have had no problems with their mags. I do believe that the majority of failures are due to limp-wristing. There are very few, if any, other brands on the market that use a pure blow-back design like Hi-Point does. Therefore, even the most expert of shooters, always shooting their Glocks, Paras, HKs, can have problems properly handling the recoil of a Hi-Points blow-back design.

Air in the tires making a car too expensive? Come on. Grasping at straws to prove your point? Hi-Point has maybe 25-50 employees, which keeps down the cost of their product. Hiring a new employee would increase their production costs, as would R&D, production, and manning of a machine to do the recommended QC. I, for one, love that Hi-Points are inexpensive, even if I do have to manually tweak a thing here or there, or put up with a break-in period.

I'll tell you what, tomorrow I will mic all 4 of my 10rd mags, and some of my Dad's 8rdrs, all of which will function flawlessly without ever having the feed lips adjusting. I also recently purchased a Charter Arms Bulldog Pug in .357mag. I was having problems with the cylinder locking. I could nudge the cylinder and the hammer would continue to cycle and turn the cylinder the rest of the way firing the round. This happened on 3 out of the 5 chambers. Dad even tried it and had it fail. I went in to the gunsmith to ask if he'd just help me diagnose the problem. Well, it never happened for him when he tried dry-firing it. He did say that since I bought it new and it was just the second trip shooting it that it just needed to be broken in. He said all firearms, regardless of the brand or MSRP, have a break-in period.

Closed Thread

Quick Reply