Free HPFF Decals for Helping out!
Hipoint Firearms Forums > Archive > Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009) > Spray on rubber grips

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2008, 06:41 PM   #1
HighPoint

Default Spray on rubber grips

I was thinking of using some spray on rubber to cover my C9 grips. Has anyone done this? Any pics? Thanks!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-12-2008, 06:57 PM   #2
waltham41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

I have done it to all of my Hi Point pistols, used Peformix Plasti Dip multi purpose aerosol spray rubber coating.

Put on about 7 coats on each grip. Make them good and wet when you spray them. They are soft and feel very nice. I posted some pics, but you really cant tell much by them. The difference is in the feel.

I also coated the Tapco front Hand grip on my saiga 12 because I like the feel so much.

Balance them on something to spray them, otherwise the spray will glue the grips to where the grip meets the over spray on the cardboard or whatever you put them on to spray.

It says to keep out of direct sunlight when doing it, but be forewarned, the fumes are horrible.

This is MUCH better than the spray auto undercoating that I had previously tried.

One of my pistols fell and hit on the grip on a sharp edge in the gun cabinet and it left a very noticeable mark and I thought well there goes that idea. After an hour, the mark had disappeared as the rubber retained its original shape.

I highly recommend it to those that do not want to put a store bought slip on grip on their pistol but want something that feels like an inner tube but looks better.

Please excuse my spelling, my spellchecker flunked English in school it seems.

Hi Point 4095
Hi Point 995
Hi Point C9

Various other weapons

Old 10-12-2008, 08:23 PM   #3
Gr8Xfatman

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 6

I've used PlastiDip on the plastic grips of my .22 revolver and the metal stock of my AR7. They have held up perfectly for over two years. I even used it on the frame of my fly reel.

Laws that forbid the carrying of arms, disarm only those who are neither inclined, nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants. They serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.
-- Thomas Jefferson, 1764

Old 10-12-2008, 08:48 PM   #4
griff30

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Send a message via Yahoo to griff30

waltham
Could you post a pic?
Thanks
Also..
Where do you buy this stuff?

I got warned.

Old 10-12-2008, 11:09 PM   #5
p7196

Griff & Highpoint , Waltham is the man with the plastidip. I have a friend who worked in the tool room at a manufacturing facility and they have something similar to plastidip that is a hot coating. They heat the rubber up to the point of liquefying then dip their tools in it they use for electrical work. He dipped my grips by taking them and putting a screw through the hole and dipping the outside only. It worked great. Then like an idiot I traded my grips for a set of regular and a mag to obtain another mag. I should have bought the other mag. Since then the plant shut down and Danny was laid off.

Quick Reply