Hipoint Firearms Forums > Archive > Vintage Topic Archive (Oct - 2009) > If you're 9mm is jamming, read this!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2009, 01:49 PM   #1
jimmyintn
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default If you're 9mm is jamming, read this!

Hey all! I bought my 9mm back in December (after the election, I figured I'd get one while I still had the right). I've been shooting Remington 9mm 115 gr FMJ rounds and was always having problems with it jamming. I have 2 clips, both made by Hi-Point. One clip would usually work if I only put 5 rounds in it, while the other one jammed whenever it felt like it. I was about to send it to Hi-Point to have them look at it, because I have to have a gun I can rely on.

This Saturday, I took a chance and went by the sporting goods counter in my local Wal-Mart to see if they actually had any ammo. They didn't have any of the Remington, but they did have a 100 round box of Winchester 115 gr. FMJ rounds for $20, so I figured, what the heck, I'll give them a try.

Sunday, I went to the range with the new ammo and I shot all but 16 rounds of them and NEVER HAD A SINGLE JAM! Both clips worked perfectly! I thought, wtf? What's with this thing? When I got home, I compared a Remington round to the Winchester round and the Winchester round was about 1/8" longer. Stupid me thought a 9mm round was a 9mm round, but obviously, I was wrong.

So if you have problems with your gun jamming, try a different ammo. Needless to say, I'll be buying Winchester from now on. (Now I just need to find some JHP rounds.) Hope this might save some of you the headaches that I was having.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-09-2009, 03:39 PM   #2
9mmcrazy

Send a message via Yahoo to 9mmcrazy
Default Re: If you're 9mm is jamming, read this!

Hi Point even says not to use the white box due to them being a little longer.. but they will shoot fine in any other 9mm pistol.. just something with the C9 that it don't like them.. yet some C9 owners have had no problems with them... I myself get jams all the time when using them in my C9... but they are fine for my Beretta CX4 Storm

Hi Point C9, Beretta Storm CX4 9mm,Springfield Amory XD9 and a Mossberg 500

Old 06-09-2009, 04:29 PM   #3
47_MasoN_47
You know who I am

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Send a message via ICQ to 47_MasoN_47 Send a message via AIM to 47_MasoN_47

I haven't shot my C9 yet, but my 995 will eat any 9mm I feed it. I've shot Blazer, Remington, and WWB without problems. Since HP doesn't recommend the WWB I haven't shot any through it in a long time, but probably the first 600 rounds I put through it were WWB.

Old 06-09-2009, 04:49 PM   #4
jimmyintn

I don't know, but mine doesn't like the smaller Remington ones. Now that I've found a round that works, that's what I'm going to stick with. A hundred rounds and no jams, I'll definitely be sticking with the Winchester ones.

Old 06-09-2009, 04:56 PM   #5
javelina80

You would be surprised what ammo your gun will take once you get all of the kinks worked out.

Old 06-09-2009, 08:25 PM   #6
Trinot1911

Another TN hi point owner. Tennessee is High Point owner central.

Old 06-09-2009, 08:39 PM   #7
JiminPA

I had a similar problems with ejection causing jams, HP sent me a new firing pin and spring, fixed everything.

Old 06-09-2009, 09:51 PM   #8
SamStafford

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
You would be surprised what ammo your gun will take once you get all of the kinks worked out.
+1 on that. :yes:

What? Me worry?
Hi-Point C-9
Hi-Point Classic 995
Hi-Point 995TS

Old 06-10-2009, 01:23 AM   #9
rickwisor

I've always used the winchester white box in my 9mm and in my sons 40 - never had any problems with them. I just bought some remington but haven't had a chance to try them out yet. (it's all they had at walmart so I took them) But I'm sold on the winchesters - they work great. By the way, I've looked all over the Hi Point web site and have yet to find where they don't recommend the winchester bullets -- somebody enlighten me on that a little bit cause I sure can't find it anywhere.

Old 06-10-2009, 01:46 AM   #10
ET.

I'm with Rick, I use the Winchester Range/target ammo in the white box almost exclusively with no problems. I compared the Blazer Brass rounds to the Winchester and they are the same size exactly. Looks like if one works the other would too. Neither I can't find where Hi-Point says to stay away from the Winchester ammo. I would like to know where to find that piece of info too.

"America is under attack. Stay armed. Stay safe".

Quick Reply