Hipoint Firearms Forums > Archive > 2010 > Pistols in a different color!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2009, 02:48 AM   #1
my05hammer
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Pistols in a different color!

Don't get me wrong I love the black pistols from HP. But how about a light silver powder coat on the slide, a dark silver/gray polymer frame, with grips that are darker gray than the frame?

Sorta like a poor man's Ruger KP90.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-25-2009, 02:24 PM   #2
SHOOTER Z

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Re: Pistols in a different color!

If ya wanna KP90 go buy one. With Hi Point you can have any color you want as long as it's black [old Henry Ford joke bout the Model T]

Seriously just paint it whatever color you want to HP won't spend the extra time and money just to paint em up

Old 07-25-2009, 05:33 PM   #3
Mike_AZ
U.S.S.

Liked 10 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
If ya wanna KP90 go buy one. With Hi Point you can have any color you want as long as it's black [old Henry Ford joke bout the Model T]

Seriously just paint it whatever color you want to HP won't spend the extra time and money just to paint em up
HP most certainly will. Hp currently ships in OD green and with a couple of different grips.
http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/21_268/products_id/56879
http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/21_268/products_id/56877
Plus, the have in the past they have shipped with gery frames and chrome barrels.

Mike

"There is no sanctuary" -Logan5

Old 07-26-2009, 02:50 AM   #4
mrwhite4

I do like the OD green pistols. I don't think it would add very much cost at all running a line of different powder coat colors when they do the powder coating, maybe even using different colored polymer in the molding of the frame. Remember hp uses alot of auto suppliers in the area I'm sure it wouldn't be a big deal for them to run other colors on the lines, I'm just assuming...

Old 07-26-2009, 03:16 AM   #5
godlessdustin

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

I think tan would be nice.

Old 07-26-2009, 01:19 PM   #6
my05hammer

Quote:
I do like the OD green pistols. I don't think it would add very much cost at all running a line of different powder coat colors when they do the powder coating, maybe even using different colored polymer in the molding of the frame. Remember hp uses alot of auto suppliers in the area I'm sure it wouldn't be a big deal for them to run other colors on the lines, I'm just assuming...
I used to work for Borg Warner. Changing the color of the polymer frame would be as simple as running the hopper on the molder (extruder) dry, then purging the barrel of the molder (extruder) with purge material, refilling the hopper with the new colored material, then cycle the molder a few times until the purge material is run out and the new color is consistent. The whole process takes around 3 to 5 minutes to complete.

As for the powder coating... I don't know much about it except it would be done in batches. But Hi Point has already proven that colors can be changed with their OD Green.

Old 07-26-2009, 01:33 PM   #7
my05hammer

Quote:

The reason I suggested different colors is because I don't want to paint my pistols. I would rather have it molded in the colors to prevent paint chipping etc.

I had a Stainless P90 that I bought new in 1995. Paid $425.00 for it. Now the MSRP is $617. I could have 3.25 JHP's for that money. Or a JHP and a 4595 (if they ever come out). Nothing against the P90, I owned one and liked it. But believe it or not I like the JHP45 better. Its less money, I have had less jams (although back then I did fix the jamming issue with my P90), and I can shoot better with the JHP than I could with the P90. All around better value IMO. I didn't like the way the floating barrel shot on the P90. However, If I was law enforcement, I would still use the P90 due to fetures on that gun that are not on the JHP, and the fact that it is a tool less break down.

Besides, I already have plans to own one Hi Point of each model and I am well on my way with 4 purchased so far. It would be in Hi Point's best interest to change up the colors now and then to force me to have to buy another one wouldn't it? lol!!

Old 07-26-2009, 06:12 PM   #8
ohs214

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

i agree with this post, make a stainless steel chrome pistol in all of the calibers...if it costs more ull make it back, the prices are going up from what they were before anyway werent they? so keep the black gun prices the same and charge extra for chrome, u want the chrome ull pay for it, u want the black ull payu for that, im sure if a chrome c9 came into the market it would sell out in less than a day once we all get a look at it and snap out of our shock, i saw a post someone on here bought an old HP 45 i believe and it was chrome...it was beautiful

Old 07-26-2009, 06:33 PM   #9
godlessdustin

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

They already made a nickel c9 sometime ago.

Old 07-27-2009, 06:45 PM   #10
group17

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Please no pink Hi points!
I'm sure someone could come up with add on pink grips instead.
Then a Hogue grip would come in real handy.

Quick Reply