Hipoint Firearms Forums > Archive > 2010 > Under dash pistol mount

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2010, 09:14 PM   #1
siovailat
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Send a message via AIM to siovailat
Default Under dash pistol mount

Seeing as the XD Gear holster that came with my XD was useless as a belt holster, I came up with this rig.. what do you guys think?
...and yes that is an old licence plate I recycled. believe it or not it mounted it up nice and tight!

Today was a good day

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-31-2010, 09:22 PM   #2
bomber101581

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Default Re: Under dash pistol mount

dude, thats cool. is it a car or a truck. i thought about a mount right there on my car, but i didnt have room to maneuver around my knees.

Old 03-31-2010, 09:34 PM   #3
battousai

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Question is...does it work for concealment? Like can anyone around you see it? Other then that...of course I think it's awesome.

I usually conceal mine in the door frame which rests just under my seat. Unless I open the door that is.

"If you cannot afford any other gun, you'd better have a hi-point." - Iraqveteran888
"So when the end has come all that will remain? will be cockroaches running around with Hi-Points!"- biteswhencornered
"Back when we audited the FBI academy in 1947, I was told that I ought not to use my pistol in their training program because it was not fair. Maybe the first thing one should demand of his sidearm is that it be unfair."
- Jeff Cooper

Old 03-31-2010, 09:37 PM   #4
bomber101581

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

i'll take a picture of mine when i get home. in my state, it can be open or concealed, so i chose to keep it visible. the visibility is like the first line of defense, IMO.

Old 03-31-2010, 09:54 PM   #5
siovailat

Its a car, a small mazda I use to run around town, thinking about trying to get a hold of a 2nd holster for my truck. it clears the knees with no issue.. as far as concealment, if you were to look in the window you wouldn't see it, if you were to look close you would. but when i get out it goes with me so its not a big deal.

Today was a good day

Old 03-31-2010, 11:02 PM   #6
Yeoldetool

Liked 796 Times on 559 Posts
Likes Given: 904

I just went to see if I can do that with my Explorer.....nope. It's got to go in the center console.

"It isn't always being fast or even accurate that counts, it's being willing. I found out early that most men regardless of cause or need aren't willing. They blink an eye or draw a breath before they pull the trigger and I won't." - The Shootist (John Wayne)

"Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" - Patrick Henry

Old 03-31-2010, 11:48 PM   #7
yunggunz87

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I think around here if an OHP seen it like that youd prolly get drawn on and ordered out of the car, and hope you comply if not youll prolly get the **** beat out of you.. Unless you have you ccw and hand him the card instantly before he can see the gun.. JMO

I have broken the hour glass and the sands of time blew away in the wind! YG

Old 04-01-2010, 12:33 AM   #8
siovailat

Quote:
I think around here if an OHP seen it like that youd prolly get drawn on and ordered out of the car, and hope you comply if not youll prolly get the **** beat out of you.. Unless you have you ccw and hand him the card instantly before he can see the gun.. JMO

thanks for your input, from the outside looking in unless your sticking your head in the window its not visible.
around here in TN people are known to roll with their sidearms laying visible in the passenger seat. I don't know about other states but i know that when they run your plates here it flashes that you have a carry permit. iv been pulled over two or three times in the past few years , in my expirence as long as you keep your hands on the wheel they are happy.

Today was a good day

Old 04-01-2010, 01:08 AM   #9
yunggunz87

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Wish it was like that here..

I have broken the hour glass and the sands of time blew away in the wind! YG

Old 04-01-2010, 02:38 AM   #10
blade55440

Utah is pretty good for that. If you're in your car you can open carry, concealed carry, permit or not.

Quick Reply