Hipoint Firearms Forums > Archive > 2010 > What is the best ammo to buy for the Hi point .40 S&W

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2010, 12:08 AM   #1
Sodaboy78
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default What is the best ammo to buy for the Hi point .40 S&W

Its probably been answered before but I can't seem to find the post. I just shot my gun and used the Winchester white box and experienced some jamming after about the third or fourth shot and had seen people say don't use winchester white box, OK to late I all ready did but still haven't seen a simple answer whats the best grain and make for the hi point 40 S&W? and is there one. I want to know, because if there is a better ammo that is made that will keep the series of jamming issues from happening then I want to purchase that ammo.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-21-2010, 12:23 AM   #2
writerinmo

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Default Re: What is the best ammo to buy for the Hi point .40 S&W

Not saying that it will help if you have problems, but to rule out the ammo I would try at least a couple types. I shoot Federal Champion from walmart, 14.47 a box, and blazer brass, 14.97 a box at a LGS here. I shoot Remington UMC JHP's in my JCP with no problems at all.

http://elby.yolasite.com/ mosin sight tools

“There are currently 37/38 states that are currently “shall issue” states. They also said they saw reductions in their violent crime rates, significant declines, because nobody wants to go duck hunting when five percent of the ducks can shoot back.”

Old 07-21-2010, 12:28 AM   #3
rickyg73

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

try a few brands, then pick the one that fits what you need and budget

Old 07-21-2010, 12:30 AM   #4
Sodaboy78

Thank you

Old 08-14-2010, 09:34 PM   #5
tapout155

Quote:
Its probably been answered before but I can't seem to find the post. I just shot my gun and used the Winchester white box and experienced some jamming after about the third or fourth shot and had seen people say don't use winchester white box, OK to late I all ready did but still haven't seen a simple answer whats the best grain and make for the hi point 40 S&W? and is there one. I want to know, because if there is a better ammo that is made that will keep the series of jamming issues from happening then I want to purchase that ammo.
I've had great results with winchester white box. I guess we'll see in the future.

Old 08-14-2010, 10:10 PM   #6
writerinmo

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

I had two underpowered rounds in one box of WWB, that was enough for me to stay away from it.

http://elby.yolasite.com/ mosin sight tools

“There are currently 37/38 states that are currently “shall issue” states. They also said they saw reductions in their violent crime rates, significant declines, because nobody wants to go duck hunting when five percent of the ducks can shoot back.”

Quick Reply