You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of Hipointfirearmsforums.com    

Hipoint Firearms Forums > Hi-Point Firearms Discussion > Optics / Sights / Lasers / Lights >

AR Co-Witness With Reflex

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2017, 02:25 PM   #21
Troubleshooter
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 136 Times on 94 Posts
Likes Given: 35

I've been reading mixed reviews on all of them, so I'll probably just pick one and see how it performs and if it don't hold up I'll buy something else.

When I end up happy with what I have, I'll post on it.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2017, 02:39 PM   #22
Dad_Roman
HPF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 1085 Times on 622 Posts
Likes Given: 2849

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troubleshooter View Post
I actually had a window open with that one on it and was wondering about it too.

These old eyes need some help, and I'm looking for something that will hold up (I know...ya get what ya pay for) without spending alot.

I have one of those cheap lasers on it at the moment, but I have yet to take it out and see how reliable it is.
All true and your exactly right. Mixed reviews from "Cheap Chinese Crap" are expected.

We just have to be honest with ourselves that this stuff is basically "AirSoft" equipment and you'll be ok with it when it fails

All I can give is my personal experience with it....and I'm like you....what the hell, 20 bucks don't make or break anything

Ive got 2 right now that work great and Ive sent one back in the past....no muss no fuss. We love our Prime account
undeRGRound Likes This 
Old 01-08-2017, 02:49 PM   #23
Troubleshooter

Liked 136 Times on 94 Posts
Likes Given: 35

I've also noticed with Amazon reviews, many will leave a crap dishonest review on anything that is "inexpensive" so reviews are hard to go by. I've bought many inexpensive items there with bad reviews and haven't had a problem.

I think the first one I'll go with is the one Trailblazer dropped down steps and it still held zero and see what happens. I'm thinking if it will withstand the shock of that, it should hold up to 12 gauge recoil.

Old 01-10-2017, 04:12 PM   #24
xratic

Liked 9 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Reflex arrives tomorrow. Heading to the range Friday to tweak the factory irons and co-witness the reflex. After that, install flip-ups by co-witness reflex and irons by removing one at at time. In theory, it sounds good. Will it actually work?
undeRGRound Likes This 
Old 01-10-2017, 04:41 PM   #25
backbencher

Liked 983 Times on 636 Posts
Likes Given: 56

No. Install the flip ups. Install the reflex. Sight in the irons through the reflex. Then sight in the reflex.
People Like This 
Old 01-10-2017, 09:00 PM   #26
ajole
HPF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 4 reviews

Liked 14184 Times on 8147 Posts
Likes Given: 8502

Quote:
Originally Posted by xratic View Post
Reflex arrives tomorrow. Heading to the range Friday to tweak the factory irons and co-witness the reflex. After that, install flip-ups by co-witness reflex and irons by removing one at at time. In theory, it sounds good. Will it actually work?
Factory Irons? On an AR? What does that mean? The gas block front sight, and a carry handle rear? Or some rail mounted irons, that you are just replacing?

Or are we talking about some other gun?

Regardless...do what backbencher said.

He who smiles last....

......................thinks slowest.

Q

Not anything to do with me,...but SWAGA referred me to it...and it is pretty funny: The Ballad of Ajole
17 HP's and counting.

Old 01-10-2017, 10:03 PM   #27
undeRGRound
JACK the Mole... ;)
HPF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 18 reviews

Liked 12597 Times on 8430 Posts
Likes Given: 59129

Quote:
Originally Posted by xratic View Post
xratic!!!

Hey TroubleShooter, "REAPER" bought one of those ~$18 sights in question, it did fine on his PCC (HP 4095) and on the 22s, I have one on an AR also. But he used it on something with more "stank" (AK I think) and it did not hold up. Catastrophic failure. So I'd say "NO" on a 12g shotty. Seems like a 556 AR and PCC's are OK, and anything smaller. That is where I'd draw the line, IMO

Quote:
Sticks & Stones may break my bones but
hollow points expand on impact...AR Co-Witness With Reflex - Optics / Sights / Lasers / Lights

Old 01-11-2017, 01:13 AM   #28
sarahsmom
HPF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Liked 2437 Times on 1378 Posts
Likes Given: 40

Just got a similar one by Field Sport for $22. Was hoping to put it on my crossbow pistol, whose rear sight fell off somewhere. But alas, it wouldn't attach. Oh, well, it will get used on something I'm sure in the future!

IN CASE OF RAPTURE - THIS ACCOUNT WILL BE UNMANNED!!!

Madam, thou hast arrived!!! Thou hast been bestowed with the rarest gift of all - a Moleism Henceforth and forever more thou shalt be known as Nevada Nell, Princess of Moles (he already has a Queen) - Histed

Old 01-11-2017, 03:05 PM   #29
xratic

Liked 9 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 1

@ajole- not AR. 995TS.

Old 01-11-2017, 05:25 PM   #30
Jhow79
HPF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 177 Times on 94 Posts
Likes Given: 126

For the price the NCStar 3/4" riser that Jayclimber referenced on page 1 is hard to beat, I have that riser on a couple different rifles and have been very pleased with them. In fact so far they have held up just as well as Wheeler, Yankee Hill and PRI risers that cost up to 4x as much.

Quick Reply