You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of Hipointfirearmsforums.com    

Hipoint Firearms Forums > Other Topics of Interest > Optics / Sights / Lasers / Lights >

AR Co-Witness With Reflex

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2017, 09:37 PM   #31
Troubleshooter
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 137 Times on 95 Posts
Likes Given: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by undeRGRound View Post
xratic!!!

Hey TroubleShooter, "REAPER" bought one of those ~$18 sights in question, it did fine on his PCC (HP 4095) and on the 22s, I have one on an AR also. But he used it on something with more "stank" (AK I think) and it did not hold up. Catastrophic failure. So I'd say "NO" on a 12g shotty. Seems like a 556 AR and PCC's are OK, and anything smaller. That is where I'd draw the line, IMO
I have a laser on it right now that I haven't tried yet, but will soon. As for the red dot, I figure if it doesn't work, I'm not out much.

Also

A few nights ago, I mounted a 5 slot Magpul rail section I had lying around to handguard just ahead of the carrying handle, and ordered a 45 degree offset rail mount. I have the laser mounted on the front of the handle right now because it clamps on there as secure as it would if I were to mount it to a rail section, but I will most likely either move it to the offset rail or leave it there if it works well and mount a red dot, flashlight, or some other accessory to the offset.

I figure this way, I'll still be able to use the original front and rear sights that are now painted (even though seeing them is a bit of a struggle) and heck it's a shotgun that was purchased for home defense, so I'll be ok with them. Anything I mount to the offset rail will be a bonus if it actually works.

Last edited by Troubleshooter; 01-11-2017 at 11:53 PM.
undeRGRound Likes This 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2017, 04:08 AM   #32
Hipointer

Liked 735 Times on 500 Posts
Likes Given: 1558

Here is my set up. Bushnell TRS Hi Rise 25mm 1x, with standard Magpul flip up rear sight and standard "F" marked A2 front sight. I do a 50 yard zero, and my red dot is perfectly lined up with the tip of the FSP.
AR Co-Witness With Reflex - Optics / Sights / Lasers / Lights
Works great for me, and can connect to a B27 target, out to about 225-250 easily.
Old 01-12-2017, 04:13 AM   #33
planosteve
HPF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Liked 5622 Times on 3046 Posts
Likes Given: 355

I use a Strikefire II with a set of flip up sights. If my battery dies no issues as the flip ups are there. I really like the Strikefire, it isn't a ACOG but it works.
Hipointer Likes This 
Old 07-01-2017, 04:59 PM   #34
TrailBlazer999

Liked 61 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 158

I've got an update on those iron sights I linked in post #9. I've found one more small problem with them. Now this won't be a big deal for a range/fun gun but for folks who prep or have theirs as a SHTF rifle, it might be. After an outing to the range this week I noticed that the pin that the sight rotates on had worked itself out slightly. Not much, probably an 8th of an inch. I took a small screwdriver and pushed on the pin to see if it would stop on it's own and dang near pushed it completely out. Took hardly any pressure too. While I love, love, love this sight I am a prepper and this is my SHTF gun. In the event of something bad happening I'm going to have other things on my mind and won't be thinking of checking the sight occasionally. Like I said, this is a minor issue for a fun gun and I wouldn't let something this small sway you from this sight. This is a tough sight and works great. I just wanted to let y'all know since a few of y'all had expressed intrest after my dropped the gun down concrete stairs recommendatin.

Last edited by TrailBlazer999; 07-01-2017 at 05:08 PM.
rowiebowie Likes This 
Old 07-02-2017, 04:04 PM   #35
backbencher
HPF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 1351 Times on 868 Posts
Likes Given: 435

A dab of LocTite will fix that.

Quick Reply