40 vs 45

Discussion in 'General Hi-Point Discussion' started by Roknrandy, Oct 17, 2007.

1. To me the .40 S&W is pretty darn close to the average .45 acp round.

It may be a while before the 4595 comes out, you may want to give the .40 a chance . I do not think you will be disappointed.

2. PrimalSeal

PrimalSeal Well-Known Member

Why not have both? Or all 3 if you already have the 995?

3. Very good point Primal :wink:

4. Ari

Ari Guest

Dumb question... Why three? Why not only two? Why do you need a third? You have 9mm and 22LR stick with them... I mean it is a carbine and a pistol not a high power rifle. Nothing wrong with 9mm! If you need one good high power rifle that 30-30 is a fine gun. Then you are set with ammo that is easy to get and shoot! Spend that money on ammo instead of another gun.

5. Ari

Ari Guest

That is my point why not just shoot 9mm and forget 40 and 45

6. jamephipp

jamephipp Guest

45 Pull trigger, Feet in Air End of story :D

7. At farther out ranges I think that the .40 S&W has the advantage, it has the flatter trajectory similar to the 9mm, and more knock down power, like the .45acp

8. Ari

Ari Guest

The 45 ACP is something at longer ranges

9. Yes it is, I used to have a semi auto tommy gun. but you have to lob it in like artillery at 100 yds if I remember correctly

10. eqfan592

eqfan592 Well-Known Member

I'd like to see a bit more info on this subject, if anybody has anything else to add, or a good link.

The .40S&W seems to be a real nice round; more hitting power than the 9mm, but not as much recoild as a .45acp (though I've heard some say they feel as much recoil).

If I can't get this figured out, I'm gonna end up with all 3 carbines (which may happen anyway, but I'm trying to figure out which will be first :wink: )

11. .45acp

.45acp Well-Known Member

Remington makes a +p Golden Saber

12. condition1

condition1 Member

go .40

the price of ammo vs. .45 is big if you shoot a lot.
    consistent ammo is a big plus in my book

13. Ari

Ari Guest

I think 40 S&W and 9mm kicks far sharper then 45ACP Shoot them along side each other. The 45 does kick but it is not a sharp kick..

14. eqfan592

eqfan592 Well-Known Member

Interesting results there. Looks like the .40 S&W and the .45 both did pretty well, thought the .45 was on the aim point and the .40 S&W was off a bit, but both penetrated very well too.

There doesn't seem to be any definitive answer to any of this! Looks like it just comes down to personal choice?

15. 40sw

40sw Guest

The difference between .40sw and .45ACP is shot placement. :)
    I would not feel undergunned with either and I would hope to hit center mass with both. Diversity training is a good thing. :lol: