45acp stripping

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Pistols' started by mikefed45acp, Oct 16, 2007.

1. mikefed45acp

mikefed45acp Guest

hey all just joined today...had my hi point for about a month now...500 rounds and only 1 jam...awesome gun...was just wondering about when the time comes to take it apart...alot of people said it is quite a chore...should i follow the book or does anybody have any better suggestion? thanx

2. elguapo

elguapo Guest

If there are no problems....why do you need to do that?

3. mikefed45acp

mikefed45acp Guest

well the manual says strip it at 2000 and im at 500...just wondering thats all...i like to take care of my stuff 8)

4. Stryker1

Stryker1 Well-Known Member

I would just follow the book. Thats what it is there for lol.

Congrast on the .45 Sounds like you got a winner there

5. elguapo

elguapo Guest

Ok, cool. Just run a bore brush through it, use some BreakFree CLP or other cleaner until you tear it apart. When you are ready to do that, let me know, I can help you out.

6. It's easy, though not the normal teardown routine:

First, you don't do it often (as many others have pointed out). Wait for 2-3k rounds .

And, secondly, it's not that hard, even when you feel compelled to do it. It takes a $3 set of Home Depot punches, and fifteen minutes start to finish. If you're clumsy :D

But, most importantly, the normal post-range cleanup is much easier than with most firearms: squirt with gun lube and you're done. In the long term, HPs make;]
    alot of people said it is quite a chore...
    [/quote]

It's easy, though not the normal teardown routine:

First, you don't do it often (as many others have pointed out). Wait for 2-3k rounds .

And, secondly, it's not that hard, even when you feel compelled to do it. It takes a $3 set of Home Depot punches, and fifteen minutes start to finish. If you're clumsy :D

But, most importantly, the normal post-range cleanup is much easier than with most firearms: squirt with gun lube and you're done. In the long term, HPs make it _easier_.

7. mikefed45acp

mikefed45acp Guest

much appreciated guys...especially el guapo :) i was just asking cause i lurked around on the old site and if i recall correctly, someone said to use a different size pin punch or even the allen wrench that comes with it