995 Carbine For Coyote Hunting

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by straight shooter, Oct 23, 2007.

1. straight shooter

straight shooter Well-Known Member

I'm considering buying a 995 carbine for coyote hunting. Would this carbine fit the bill out to 100 yards?

2. andrew241

andrew241 Member

Ohio
    From what people have said yes. I would wait for some others to chime in but I would use mine.

3. Thayldt21

Thayldt21 Senior Member

I am sure the 995 is fully capable of 100 yards. But I know the 4095 is definanlty good for it.

4. PrimalSeal

PrimalSeal Well-Known Member

I have taken my 995 coyote hunting before, but I haven't had the chance to kill one yet. I have never been able to call on in close enough. They always stay about 110 to 150 yards out. Reason I know this is I set a range flag at 100 yards about 50 yards in front of my bait, usually a skinned rabbit that I shot on the way out to my blind. Other than that, I can't tell you much.....

5. andrew241

andrew241 Member

Ohio
    I have shot varmits with mine out at about 100 yards but never a yote.

6. I used my neibors 995 for this. I live in michigan and have about 100 acres always have cyotes to shoot if your in the area feel free to come by and try it. My wife cant stand the annoying little pains I bet if you kill a few she would probally cook you a real nice supper.

The neatest one i saw was when my brother used his 308 from about 400 yards took the haed clean off man i wished i had that one on camera

7. vallen

vallen Well-Known Member

I would think the 995 is capable. I just don't shoot coyotes. It's a dog thing and they don't screw with me or my land, and are actually a beneficial predator on my acreage. A nice burro keeps them far away from livestock areas, and my burro cost me $40!

8. If it were me I would go with the 4095, bigger slug more power.

9. straight shooter

straight shooter Well-Known Member