995 jams everytime?

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by NeWcS, Nov 6, 2007.

1. NeWcS

NeWcS Guest

So I just got back from the range. Man Im so impressed with my C9. That thing is solid.

My 995 however...The first time I took it out I put about 100rds thru it and not 1 jam. Second time I took it out it would jam 2-3 times a clip. Now, Almost every round jams. They fire but get caught on the eject. When I clear the jam the empty brass is dinged. I tried 3 diff brands of ammo and it didn't help

What should I look for?

Thank you!

-Jay

2. PrimalSeal

PrimalSeal Well-Known Member

Sounds to me as if you have a bent firing pin. When the bolt cycles to the rear after the shot is fired, the firing pin protrudes from the bolt face, causing the brass to eject. If the firing pin is bent, that will cause it to jam.

Basically just take the weapon apart and check the firing pin to see if it's straight or not. If it's bent, just call BeeMiller and they will send you a couple of firing pins for free. It's pretty easy to remove and replace, so you shouldn't have any problems. If you do have issues, I think there's a sticky somewhere on the tear down and re-assembly of the 995. If not, just PM me and I can walk you through it.

3. NeWcS

NeWcS Guest

Ok, If you find that sticky that would help

-Jay

4. neothespian

neothespian Well-Known Member

Wow...usually it's the other way around for new Hi-Points due to the less than stellar magazines.

5. PrimalSeal

I found the guide originally posted by Wolf_from_WV and I am going to post it in a new thread as a sticky... Coming to you in about 5 minutes.

6. NeWcS

NeWcS Guest

Thank you so much!

Ill call HP tomorrow and see if they'll send me some pins.

Thanks again!

-Jay

7. NeWcS

NeWcS Guest

Yep, Bent firing pin. I called HP today and their going to send me a new one.

Thank you for the help

-Jay

8. PrimalSeal

No thank you is required, as I'd have done the same thing for all the members. I am just glad that you were able to figure out what was wrong with your 995. Once you get that new firing pin installed, take it out and SHOOT THAT THING!