995 Mag issue update

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by vallen, Oct 16, 2007.

1. vallen

vallen Well-Known Member

So we lost the thread on the mag issue i was having with FTF's, FTE and Stovepiping. I remained calm and loaded all 4 of my mags and let the springs sit under tension for 2 weeks.
    Well, 2 weeks came and went. I finally had some Range time yesterday and my issues HAVE improved. Before, I had a 40% failure rate, now it's down to about 15%- which is still an issue, but better. Now I am only getting FTF's - No more Stovepipes or FTE issues.

Mainly, these a are happening with 2 of the 4 mags (both the newer design) and with the first 3 rounds. What usually happens is the round points to high when entering the chamber- or- the next round is trying to get up in there with the initial round. To clear, i just release the mag and both rounds fall on the table.

Oh, and my Feed ramp is still Black after 350+ rounds.

Tips? Suggestions? Keep waiting and shooting? I want this reliably usable ASAP. Should I mess with the Mag lips now?

2. JasonJ

JasonJ Well-Known Member

tweak the feed lips so that the rounds sit at the right angle.. then polish up the feed ramp.. should be good.

3. andrew241

andrew241 Member

Ohio
    I am having misc problems with mine still, I have teaked the lips and polished the ranp, still same problems. Off to the factory it goes.

4. vallen

vallen Well-Known Member

angle

We've had some discussions on the angle and the feed lips, to some debate.
    Any definitive answer? KABOOM had some good graphics, but not sure if it was the final word.
    I just wish Hi Point could get some lips/ramps that work straight from the factory. They aren't ProMags- they are Hi Point Mags.

Still less than 500rnds- should i send it in?