995 question

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by illhunter, Nov 22, 2007.

1. illhunter

illhunter Well-Known Member

i would like to know what you all consider a good price to pay for a used 995 carbine i have the possibility of getting one but don't want to pay to much. any help would be appreciated thanks in advance.

Terry

2. JasonJ

JasonJ Well-Known Member

depends on the condition.. if you need to send it in for servicing, then id have to deduct maybe $20 from the cost.

given that, id pay maybe $160 tops for a used gun that normally sells for 189-199.

3. Thornbury

Thornbury Guest

Local paper had one listed for $115. It was 8 yrs. old, in like new condition, and I picked it up for $105. Up to $120 would seem like a good price to me.

4. illhunter

illhunter Well-Known Member

the person was wanting $130 and wasn't very negotiable but is supposed to have less than 400 rounds through it and like new.

5. PrimalSeal

PrimalSeal Well-Known Member

That's a great price for the 995. If you find another one for about the same price, grab it up.

6. Grizzfan

Grizzfan Well-Known Member

Brand new, in the box, recent manufacture, Camo stock - $181.00. Don't mess with one that is 8 years old or two for that matter.

7. kunlao21

kunlao21 Guest

I've never had the experience of sending anything off to Hi Point, but wouldn't this be a pretty deal since you would get the lifetime warranty to boot.

As many posts here have mentioned, Hi Point has no hassle regarding 1st, 2nd, 302nd hand owners. I'd say to get the lowest price then send it in to HQ for their inspection/upgrade to their current standards.... & possibly a comped mag!

BTW...Happy Turkey Day All!

8. JasonJ

JasonJ Well-Known Member

well for $130 its a no brainer!

9. kunlao21

kunlao21 Guest

Yeah, and if not...send this my way! :D

10. Thornbury

Thornbury Guest

Great warranty, but who wants to buy a carbine and send it off to the factory? I would rather spend the extra $50 for a new one here and now.

If true, $130 for a 995 with 400 rounds through it...like new, I'd go for it. You gotta remember, not everybody buys a gun and shoots 1,000's of rounds weekly or yearly through it. I have a Mini-14 I bought in '79 and it has less than 1,000 rounds ever ran through it. Most within the first year after purchase. But with the price of ammo, living locations, and desire to have it in excellent condition for the unexpected, I usually just shoot 5-6 rounds through it twice a year. It is on hand for a purpose and if needed, I have it. Buying a used gun, you always take some chance and I wouldn't knowingly buy one from multi-owners or a rabid shooter. But surprisingly, a lot of people shoot it the most right after the purchase and then slack off, and they tend to take good care of the gun they bought.