995 Range Time at last!

Discussion in 'Gun Reviews and Range Reports' started by Dockem, Oct 21, 2007.

1. Dockem

Dockem Member

Got a chance to get to the range to zero in my 995 and scope: a 3-9X40. Shot WAY right at first at 25 yards and about right on the horizon. Went thru about a box of Remington 115gr 9mm to get it right on. Very nice groupings, about 2 - 2 1/2 inches.

Then went back to 50 yards and rezeroed it again, still a bit right and shooting low (?) - thought it would be a bit high, but not. Also very nice groupings, all hits in the 6" ShootnSee, save for an occasional flyer. Didn't get a pic as I peppered the target pretty good.

Then went over to the 100 yd range and put some Seller & Belloit 115gr 9mm down range. It was very windy (20-30mph gusts) - that's my excuse for the day :lol: Pretty hard to see the hits when not on the ShootnSee, right and low again. Finally got a string of about 8 of 10 hits in the ShootnSee.

Then had some Wolf 115gr 9mm that I tried some fast shooting on a target someone had used a 22cal on earlier (hence the smaller hits on the target I used). Shot 50 on this target in fast fire.

Fast fire and slow would be a lot nicer with a better trigger action! Hope it loosens up a bit. Pretty happy with the result for the 9mm carbine.

25yd group, 10 shots:

[​IMG]

100yd group: 8 of 10 on the target

[​IMG]

100yd - 50 shots at fast fire (disregard .22 hits):

[​IMG]

2. mjpatrick

mjpatrick Guest

Good shooting. From 50yds and 100 yds with just a red dot on my 995 I am glad to get them all on a 8x10 paper. :)

3. Maverick

Maverick Guest

+1 Your not the only one.

I can't see where I'm hitting at 50+yards without a scope. Thats why I rarely shoot the 995 past 25yards. It's no fun if you cant even tell if your hitting the target or not.

4. Ari

Ari Guest

Nice shooting....

5. SamW

SamW Well-Known Member

Md
    That's good shooting. I would expect nothing less from these nice little carbines. The 40 S&W shoots just as well as my 9mm. I don't think there is another carbine sold for the price of the Hi Points and accurate at that.

6. Newskate9

Newskate9 Well-Known Member

well done! I've not done the 100 yd thing yet - that'll be one of my next trip objectives.