995 w/ 3-9X40 scope

Discussion in 'Gun Reviews and Range Reports' started by Dockem, Oct 21, 2007.

1. Dockem

Dockem Member

Got a chance to get to the range to zero in my 995 and scope: a 3-9X40. Shot WAY right at first at 25 yards and about right on the horizon. Went thru about a box of Remington 115gr 9mm to get it right on. Very nice groupings, about 2 - 2 1/2 inches.

Then went back to 50 yards and rezeroed it again, still a bit right and shooting low (?) - thought it would be a bit high, but not. Also very nice groupings, all hits in the 6" ShootnSee, save for an occasional flyer. Didn't get a pic as I peppered the target pretty good.

Then went over to the 100 yd range and put some Seller & Belloit 115gr 9mm down range. It was very windy (20-30mph gusts) - that's my excuse for the day :lol: Pretty hard to see the hits when not on the ShootnSee, right and low again. Finally got a string of about 8 of 10 hits in the ShootnSee.

Then had some Wolf 115gr 9mm that I tried some fast shooting on a target someone had used a 22cal on earlier (hence the smaller hits on the target I used). Shot 50 on this target in fast fire.

Fast fire and slow would be a lot nicer with a better trigger action! Hope it loosens up a bit. Pretty happy with the result for the 9mm carbine.

25yd group, 10 shots:

[​IMG]

100yd group: 8 of 10 on the target

[​IMG]

100yd - 50 shots at fast fire (disregard .22 hits):

[​IMG]