995 with ATI Stock and Forward Grip

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by patriot2980, Oct 17, 2007.

1. patriot2980

patriot2980 Well-Known Member

Hiya guys. I had this posted on the old forum but i thought this might still be useful. A lot of us on here have done the ATI conversion on their 995 carbines and like myself wanted to put a forward grip on it. My only problem was that if you just mounted a rail on the bottom front of the stock it would be angled forward. But a buddy of mine found that the Tri-Rail mount for the Beretta CX-4 Storm works beautifully.The only downside is its so friggin' expensive (roughly 70 bucks around here). But it really makes it look slick and the mount is very solid. Here is a few pics of it:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Maverick

Maverick Guest

Man that looks good!

I have thought about doing the same thing and adding the Storm top rail as well. I think it would look really nice.

3. that dose look great! i dont even have a 995 yet but im trying to plan out the mods and doing the grip thing is at the top of my list! GOOD JOB!!

4. s0b3

s0b3 Member

You can have the forward grip sit vertical. You just have the put some spacers on your rail mount. Here's my VFG mounted.

[​IMG]

better pics of the mount
    [​IMG]

5. 8andsand

8andsand Well-Known Member

That does look slick but $70 is sort of high. I also like the spacer idea

6. Fox

Fox Well-Known Member

Nice that Storm mount is Tight.. Makes me want to get one.. but yeah $70 for it, that's what I paid for my ATI Stock.. :lol:

7. s0b3

s0b3 Member

the spacer with mount cost me less than $5 total to build. picked up the Leupold Remington 700 mounts at wal-mart for $3 something on clearance, bought some machine screws, nuts, and nylon spacer for around $2. cut the nylon spacer to where when attached, it would provide a level rail and drilled the holes in the ATI stock. used a little loctite for extra security. it's not super rugged, i'm sure if you dropped it on the vfg, it might rip the rail out of the stock but i don't think my 995 will ever be put in that situation where it's my primary weapon.

8. patriot2980

That was my concern about using spacers. I feared that it might not be as solid as the tri-rail, but my buddy got the Storm Tri-Rail on a trade with a guy so thats how we ended up with it. I just haven't brought myself to spend the $70 yet. See, the screwiest thing about it is that you spend around $55 for the Tri-rail itself, but it onlt comes with 1 of the side rails. Then you have to spend another 15-20 bucks on the other side rail just so it matches. Curse you Beretta!

9. djturnz

djturnz Member

Perhaps I can be of assistance.

Right now Beretta is running an offer code for $25 an order.

There is no minumum either. I bought a $25 knife and used the code guntalk and was only charged $4 for shipping.

www.shopberetta.com is the addy for the store.

It's just too bad I already used it. I'm looking at getting a used 995 that my local shop just got in. Oh well, maybe I'll do another order in my wife's name.

10. patriot2980

How's that work exactly? Can you give more detail? I'd love to get that tri-rail for $25 but I couldn't find anything on the link about that.

11. patriot2980

I looked some more on the website. It looks like it's just cetain items. And from what I can tell the tri-rail isn't one of them. :cry: :cry: :cry:

12. djturnz

djturnz Member

No no no.

It's a coupon offer that is applied at check out. First you have to register with them (for free). Then put the tri-rail in your "cart". then proceed to check out. There is a box marked "Coupon code" (there is also one marked catalog code, that's not it). Type "guntalk" then click submit or maybe it was apply. Eitherway, the price of the items in your cart will drop by $25.

13. djturnz

djturnz Member

No no no.

It's a coupon offer that is applied at check out. First you have to register with them (for free). Then put the tri-rail in your "cart". then proceed to check out. There is a box marked "Coupon code" (there is also one marked catalog code, that's not it). Type "guntalk" then click submit or maybe it was apply. Eitherway, the price of the items in your cart will drop by $25.

14. patriot2980

Oh ok. I'm going to give it a try then.

15. patriot2980

Ok. I just registered with Beretta, selected the Tri-Rail, proceeded to the check out, applied the code "guntalk". It took off some from the shipping and It brought the price down total to $48.00, which is a lot better than $69.95 plus tax and and shipping.

UPDATE: Alright, I'm not sure whats going on. I hit the submit button, and suddenly it said "Your Order Has Been Canceled" but I got a confirmation email from Beretta saying my order had been processed. I don't know whats going on now. Can't get anyone on the phone at Beretta.
    I guess I'll know in a few days. :shock:

16. patriot2980

Well, UPS just dropped off a package at the house according to my neighbor so I guess my buddy won't be the only one with a tri-rail!
    I'll post pics as soon as I get it mounted.

17. panamared1951

panamared1951 Long Arm of the Law

Work ahead.

Just picked up an ATI stock this past week-end. I guess I will join the ranks of the trial and error bunch and put it on as soon as I get back to SW GA.

Also have a tri-rail with red dot, flash light, and laser to add. Just wish more companies offered replacement stocks for the 995.

I will surely refer to the post in regards to the help so many have provided. The recent show I attended was not as good as the one a few months back. Few, really only one person selling Hi-Point weapons at all. His 995's started at $269.

Happy shooting to all.

Ron

18. PrimalSeal

PrimalSeal Well-Known Member

Holy cow!! A 995 for $269.00!? That's robbery!

19. panamared1951

ROBBERY

Yep that is what I thought about the 995 prices!!. The show I went to in Dothan Al in Sep had a good number of Hi-Point weapons. I found a couple of used 995's for $95 and $125.

There is another show in Dothan(SE AL) in Dec. I think I will look for a few more goodies then. Just sorry I won't be able to buy handgunsd due to being a GA resident. I have a feeling I will pic up any and all 995's used I can provided not in too rough a shape in Dec.

From who was buying and what was being bought at the show in Savannah I look for the police to get plenty of work. A good number of AK's and Mac-10 look-a-like types going out the door. None of the buyers I saw with them looked to be preachers nor school teachers if you follow me. Savannah's knife-and-gun club has a big membership and Memorial Medical Center gets plenty of cut and sew business from it most every night

I will keep up my hopes of some decent deals in Hi-Point handguns coming my way soon.

Have a good night all.

Ron

20. panamared1951

Forgot to say in last post.

The 995 I did pick up and look at had a cheap 4x32 scope. You know the kind. Looking thru it was like looking out the door the morning after a full night of Wild Turkey. Just a fuzzy haze type world for you to see.

All for tonight.

Ron