9mm Magazine Feed Lip/Follower Differences

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Pistols' started by panoz77, Oct 20, 2007.

1. panoz77

panoz77 Member

Left (8 rounder) - No step on follower and feed lips not pinched
    Middle (10 rounder) - Stepped follower with pinched feed lips
    Right (10 rounder 9mm Comp Mag) - No step on follower and pinched feed lips
    [​IMG]

Left (10 rounder) - Stepped follower with pinched feed lips
    Middle (8 rounder) - No step on follower and feed lips not pinched
    Right (10 rounder 9mm Comp Mag) - No step on follower and pinched feed lips
    [​IMG]

Fortunately, all of the above magazines have functioned flawlessly without any modifications in both my 995 and my 9mm Compensated.

2. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

FIRST!!! lol

I think I can get an LRHO notch in the ProMag 15 rounder, worth a try for scientific information IMO

3. sdshipoint

sdshipoint Active Member

I didn't know there were two different 10 round mags. I have two of the ones on the far right but that is what the gun shop gave me when I asked for a ten rounder. My 9mm is not a comp.

Sent from my iPhone using Hi-Point Forum

4. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

The differences are old vs new, and carbine 10 vs pistol 10.

You have a mix of different models, different years, and we really can't draw any conclusions.

But it's a good start. I'll try to get some pics of my various mags. No way to tell what guns they came with, I've been mixing and matching for a while.

5. panoz77

panoz77 Member

Update to a very old post. I have traded off all but two 8 round C9 mags for 10 round comp mags or 10 round 995 mags. I do still have the original 10 round C9 comp mag that came with my original C9 comp. This mag has the biggest variation of differences from the newest 10 round C9 mag.

My original mag has a different style mag extension, no Hipoint stamping on the mag body and the rear of the follower is sloped and not stepped as all the newer mags are and it has a small notch where the spring is visible.

Old original 10 round C9 mag to the far left. Newest Hipoint C9 10 round mag second from the left and two identical C9 10 round mags with no Hipoint stamping on the mag body are the last two on the right.
    [​IMG]

Top view of the old C9 10 round mag follower vs. the newest one.
    [​IMG]

All my C9 and 995 mags top view. All have the same follower/feed lip combination with the exception of the one C9 10 round mag.
    [​IMG]

6. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Like Ajole said, age. Hi-Point is constantly making design changes. But much like classic VW Beetles the changes are so subtle most people don't notice.

7. MotorCraftGT

MotorCraftGT Well-Known Member