A question about the KelTek subcompact c9

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by Loopster, Nov 5, 2007.

1. Loopster

Loopster Well-Known Member

A friend of mine has KelteK subcompact subcompact 9mm. He tells me that it has been stovepiping. Does anyone have any suggestions about what can be done about this?

2. JoeDoe22

JoeDoe22 Well-Known Member

Im not an expert by any means so correct me if im wrong but I thought stovepipes were caused by the shooter.

3. PrimalSeal

PrimalSeal Well-Known Member

That only depends on if the gun is blowback operated. If it is, then the shooter is probably limp wristing the weapon when he's firing it. That's the first thing I'd suggest he correct. Make sure he's holding it firmly and locking his wrist when he shoots. He needs to let his arm and shoulder take the recoil not the wrist.

4. Newskate9

Newskate9 Well-Known Member

www.ktog.org

send him here. Good group of folks there too. It's not another HP level of forum....... but they're very helpful!

5. Ari

Ari Guest

What is he shooting out of it? Can it be cycled by hand? Will it eject rounds by hand? And is this a P11? Also I would not waste any time I would get a call into Keltec ASAP

6. GlockMan

GlockMan Well-Known Member

Ship it back too Kel-Tec and maybe they will actually fix the problem after three or four return trips.

7. Loopster

Loopster Well-Known Member

Well, it couldn't be on the level of this forum. I mean, there can only be one "best".

Thaqnks for all the suggestions. I think he was limpwristing, but I'll let him know your suggestions.

8. Couldnt said it better my self.........maybe thats why your admin............anyways prime is right alot of people limp-wrist kel-techs without realizeing it because of the size and i guess i shouldnt say just kel-tecs but alot of compacts. Or so has been my experiance.

9. Ari

Ari Guest