A question about value

Discussion in 'Curio & Relic Zone' started by TheFireman, Oct 20, 2007.

1. TheFireman

TheFireman Guest

I just called my local gun store and i asked about a Mosin Nagant. He informed me that he had a functional Chinese Mosin Nagant for $99 but its not gonna win any beauty contest. Seeing that Im getting a Synthetic Stock for it anyway would that be a good deal?

2. Ari

Ari Guest

Chinese? They are a little harder to find... I wonder what shape it is in... And what model it is... A thought for you... Restoring something like this to better then new historical condition can be a bunch of fun. And you can still have a great hunter and shooter

3. Its not so bad to take a very common rifle and modernize it, but its a shame to take a more rare rifle and change it. Just my .02 cents.

4. Mike_AZ

Mike_AZ U.S.S.

Well, if you are going to do that, this guy sells the Chinese 53s for $35. I got mine from him at a local gun show. Some of them had pretty beat up furniture, but if you're getting a synthetic anyway it's a good deal.

http://www.omega-weapons-systems.com/catalog.htm#top

Not a fancy website, but functional. Also, the guy doesn't do credit cards.

5. Maverick

Maverick Guest

If it was a M1 Garand or a 1903A3/A4, I would agree. However we are talking about a "cheap" Mosin. You wont hurt the value by doing so...

7. Ari

Ari Guest

8. I have ordered a total of seven Mosins from Omega. Very good guys to deal with. All rifles arrived in very poor condition but are perfect candidates for modernizing and sporterizing. Can't beat 50$.

9. Maverick

Maverick Guest

Maybe I stand corrected. However, the M1 and 03s that are worth $$ today are the ones that were well taken care of and in near mint condition.

The above rifle was described as "a functional Chinese Mosin Nagant for $99 but its not gonna win any beauty contest"

It sounds like this rifle has seen better days and has not been properly taken care of. If that is the case then I say go for the makeover. If it was near mint, then I would not touch it and leave it as is...

10. Ari

Ari Guest

Just think how much fun it would be to take an old war dog and make her look like this

[​IMG]

11. My point exactly. Nice carbine :D

12. Loopster

Loopster Well-Known Member

Oh, yeah. I agree! I've got a sporterized Mosin because I bought it that way, but if I had a beat up original, I'd love restoring it and making itlook like it did back then. It'd almost be like going back in time or soemthing. my opinion.